Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are afternoon dates a bad idea?

Richard.P

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I’ve been reflecting on the time of dates. I like afternoon dates as I can spend decent time with a girl without going to bed at 1a, however they seem to be less effective than evening dates: less sexual vibe, at some point both of us need to have dinner but do not necessarily want to transition to a dinner date so we part ways, no "nightcap" transition etc.
Would love to have your opinion here and if it’s just me overthinking it.
Thanks,

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use them all the time now, it blows the womans mind you dont require her p4ssy, and dont need to spend money on her...

you must have some kid of LMS or confidence to pull this off though......

I wouldnt do afternoon dates with my old body fat of 35%

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Afternoon dates worked fine for me, especially for first dates.

You can see what they look like in bright daylight for starters, will they dress up for you and not just for the night.... etc.
My afternoon first-dates were shorter most of the time, as nobody expects a coffee-meeting to last the rest of the day and i liked first dates to be 1 hour, gather my impressions and be on my way again, showing her i have plans and options. If i decided i liked her, i´d go for a 2nd date that was "all-in" most of the time.

Though if i felt like she´d maybe **** on the first date (off course they "only did that with me and they were normally not that type of girl ...." :lol: ) i sometimes made the mistake to invite her to my place...... which wasnt really bad most of the times and it worked out 8/10. But sometimes you wanted to get rid of them asap afterwards, politely off course.
Today i wouldnt do 1st dates at home anymore, no mather what time.

As for 2nd, 3rd dates....... in my experience there is not much difference in vibes at certain daytimes. The ones i met were into me after 10 minutes or never, whatever daytime i met them.

Richard.P

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. Good point for the time constraint, I was kinda weak on that for 1st dates, usually doing it end of afternoon at a coffee shop and wanting to transition to a bar to change place but it worked rarely.
However don't you find (for 2nd, 3rd dates etc) that it is easier/ more natural to transition from a bar to your place than from a coffee place? For afternoon dates it almost feels you then either commit to having dinner together or it is getting in the way of your logistics.

Trojan3000

Banned
Reaction score
Nothings a bad idea to me man. It seems like nothings changed with men since back when I used to coach dudes. Its not about the idea, its what you make of it. I've had some great dates that started in, the afternoon.. You basically get to spend a whole day with a girl and show her some **** that most guys never showed her before.. and thats powerful because she wont just remember you for the sex, she'll remember all the stuff you taught her, the fun shes had with you, the food you guys ate, the places you went, the experiences, etc.

I still have 2 girls that are not plates that I feel like I have forever.. they contact me without fail whenever i go a month or two without talking to them.. They always find their way back. and it's great because I can hang ou with them and do a buncha different stuff, yet still have the romance aspect of it anytme. Not everyone has that luxury :)

I live in one of the top 3 biggest cities in America though so theres always stuff to do..

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great option for a low investment date, personally Im not in a hurry to bang while I'm much more concerned about my risk damagement policy especially in the current time.

If you ghost a girl after an afternoon date they dont usually get as mad as a night time one.

Also if the vibes are good and you're both up to it, you can still bang...

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. Good point for the time constraint, I was kinda weak on that for 1st dates, usually doing it end of afternoon at a coffee shop and wanting to transition to a bar to change place but it worked rarely.
However don't you find (for 2nd, 3rd dates etc) that it is easier/ more natural to transition from a bar to your place than from a coffee place? For afternoon dates it almost feels you then either commit to having dinner together or it is getting in the way of your logistics.
If sex is on your mind for the 2nd date you have to escalate anyway, wherever/whenever.

For me it usually didnt pay off to entertain a woman the whole(half) day. I went through the whole coffee-then-dinner-then-bar-thing a few times but in 90% of cases i either "had" them after the first location or they wouldnt go home with me (that day).

Going through 2 or 3 locations over a timeframe of 3-7 hours rather diminished the sexual tension in my experience. If she wants to **** you, she does so after the first location.
Dont forget you have to entertain/suffer her over that timeframe and we all know we would rather have fun with our friends then talk to a more or less unknown woman for 3-7 hours.

But thats me, if you really enjoy that thing, go for it.

What i would do for a 2nd date is meet for a certain thing with an again limited timeframe ..... coffee and a walk afterwards for example or some sports and a liquid refreshment afterwards at a quiet place, cinema and a (ONE) drink at the cinema, whatever gives you the oportunity to escalate at the end of the date. My timeframe for 2nd dates was about 2-3 hours max.

Of course i didnt invite them to my bed after the 2nd date, but i invited them to my place for a perfectly innocent reason.
If you can cook thats great for getting her to your place, i was very successfull with that. "Hey, i am hungry now and i got that couple of tuna steaks(whatever) in my fridge, wanna join me for dinner?"

If she agrees, fine, take her home. If not, wish her a good evening and with that show her again you have plans, options and that you are not a needy orbiter trying to get lucky.