Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Approach competition - who can do the most approaches?

~attrACTION~

Banned
Reaction score
Dude, Luke, those approaches don't really count. Talking with your secretary, broker, etc? Those are all normal, day-to-day. It doesn't matter that much, just thought I would say so. That approach #3 was good though, nice job. The fact that you're sticking to this just makes me want to try harder. So thanks for that.

I did one approach today, like a real cold approach! It made me feel kind of good. Anyway, I went to the mall and noticed this guy and his girlfriend on his lap. The mall was pretty empty so this was about all I could see around.

Me: Hey...do you guys know some cool hang-out spots around here? ...because the mall seems pretty dead today, like where is everybody?
Girl: Well, are you looking for like bars and stuff?
Me: No, just places like shopping malls, etc.
Guy: Well, come back here on Saturday
Me: Okay, so there's no other like downtown hang-out place with lots of people?
Girl: There's a place called blah blah pub I think it's cool
Me: Yeah, well I was looking for something more like a big area...
Girl: There's blah blah blah
Guy: Yeah, Saturday
Me: Okay, cool, so I'll come back Saturday...thanks

So I just walked off. The girl seemed a lot more friendly and talkative than the guy. The guy was serious/nervous - probably thought I was trying to hit on his girl or something, which I wasn't. I also tried making some conversation with the girl at the coffee shop. Overall, there were some women glancing at me, but I felt kept feeling like approaching them would be stupid and that everyone would be watching. A couple times I went to approach and when I noticed other guys in the area I just veered off in a different direction like I wasn't approaching. I think if it was more crowded I wouldn't feel so much 'in the spotlight' so-to-speak.

Yeah, one approach. I actually drove 33 miles, because that's the closest shopping mall. Well, on Saturday I'll drive there again and try to do more approaches. I love it though, because nearly everyone there was Latin, and I love Latinas. I think I was like the only white guy in the mall today. I'm not exactly white, but still you get me.

Reaction score
~attrACTION~ said:
Dude, Luke, those approaches don't really count. Talking with your secretary, broker, etc? Those are all normal, day-to-day.
Debatable. Let me make my arguement of why they approaches.

First of all, I didn't just 'talk to my secretary' some sort of muscle was used to start making comments about her skirt (i.e her a$$), short of asking her if she was wearing panties or not. I mean, if I'm making that sort of head-way in speech or taking risks like that - I do not consider it to be a day to day normal interaction - I am pushing the envelope a bit.

Second approach, , I was introduced to a new attractive female agent at the office by my Broker and meet someone in the best light. Every new person I meet is like an approach.

I would like to see what you would have to say to that line of reasoning. Are approaches to be just cold approaches - what about warm approaches, or as more aggressive flirtation, would that not too also count as an approach?

The point really is to go 'out of the box' out of the wussy interactions what I've grown accustomed to and that is embedded in the psyche. As long as you are not a wuss and you do something out of the ordinary with some balls with a girl then it's an approach, right?

Thus, I concede that if those two examples were 'wuss-like' then they wouldn't count, since I believed I challenged my 'wuss-nature' then it should count towards an approach.

For example, as someone pointed out - if you go to a coffee shop and only order a coffee from an attractive girl there then you are a pathetic wuss, but if you push the envelope a bit and even make a comment that you think she's sexy or that she looks exotic - something a bit ballsy, then that could be an approach, although it may seem like a day to day thing -- you get the drift - it's all about dealing with the inner afc or wuss that wants to avoid confronting and staying in a shell.

attraction said:
It doesn't matter that much, just thought I would say so. That approach #3 was good though, nice job. The fact that you're sticking to this just makes me want to try harder. So thanks for that.

I did one approach today, like a real cold approach! It made me feel kind of good. Anyway, I went to the mall and noticed this guy and his girlfriend on his lap. The mall was pretty empty so this was about all I could see around.

Me: Hey...do you guys know some cool hang-out spots around here? ...because the mall seems pretty dead today, like where is everybody?
Girl: Well, are you looking for like bars and stuff?
Me: No, just places like shopping malls, etc.
Guy: Well, come back here on Saturday
Me: Okay, so there's no other like downtown hang-out place with lots of people?
Girl: There's a place called blah blah pub I think it's cool
Me: Yeah, well I was looking for something more like a big area...
Girl: There's blah blah blah
Guy: Yeah, Saturday
Me: Okay, cool, so I'll come back Saturday...thanks

So I just walked off. The girl seemed a lot more friendly and talkative than the guy. The guy was serious/nervous - probably thought I was trying to hit on his girl or something, which I wasn't. I also tried making some conversation with the girl at the coffee shop. Overall, there were some women glancing at me, but I felt kept feeling like approaching them would be stupid and that everyone would be watching. A couple times I went to approach and when I noticed other guys in the area I just veered off in a different direction like I wasn't approaching. I think if it was more crowded I wouldn't feel so much 'in the spotlight' so-to-speak.

Yeah, one approach. I actually drove 33 miles, because that's the closest shopping mall. Well, on Saturday I'll drive there again and try to do more approaches. I love it though, because nearly everyone there was Latin, and I love Latinas. I think I was like the only white guy in the mall today. I'm not exactly white, but still you get me.
That's an approach. I'd usually shy away seeing a girl with another guy for the same reasons you say here - that they may think you are hitting on their girl, right under their nose. But - great job.

Anyway, let's see who wins this race.

~attrACTION~

Banned
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker said:
First of all, I didn't just 'talk to my secretary' some sort of muscle was used to start making comments about her skirt (i.e her a$$), short of asking her if she was wearing panties or not. I mean, if I'm making that sort of head-way in speech or taking risks like that - I do not consider it to be a day to day normal interaction - I am pushing the envelope a bit.

Second approach, , I was introduced to a new attractive female agent at the office by my Broker and meet someone in the best light. Every new person I meet is like an approach.

I would like to see what you would have to say to that line of reasoning. Are approaches to be just cold approaches - what about warm approaches, or as more aggressive flirtation, would that not too also count as an approach?

The point really is to go 'out of the box' out of the wussy interactions what I've grown accustomed to and that is embedded in the psyche. As long as you are not a wuss and you do something out of the ordinary with some balls with a girl then it's an approach, right?

Thus, I concede that if those two examples were 'wuss-like' then they wouldn't count, since I believed I challenged my 'wuss-nature' then it should count towards an approach.
No, you're definitely right, I agree with you. You took the initiative to go out of your comfort-zone, and that counts for something. Good job on making that effort. I need to do that more often myself with coworkers, etc.

flows101

Don Juan
Reaction score
REALLY poor performance on my part

30/05/07
Went out with a friend I recently met from the community (thorazine), he’s pretty new to cold approaches so IV been trying to get him into as many sets as possible.

Approach 1: In vodka Rev (bar) it wasn’t too busy and most of the sets where mixed, but I mange to spot a 3 set standing near a table, I approached. It didn’t really last to long tho because I ended bailing my self out, plus weirdly I opened the set with an opinion opener which I never usually do.

flows: heyyyyy you girls seem cool, I need a quick opinion on something….. me and my mate over here never usually go out on a Wednesday night where’s good club to hit.

HBs: ummm well theres *******

flows: isn’t that only for ****** students

HBs: yeah… but you don’t HAVE to be a ****** student to get in.

flows: ok cool we’ll check it out.

Approach 2: Where in a club called corporation the music is LOUD AS HELL I could barley hear my self talk anyway my wing opens a set and i go help take care of the obstacle, and man was she one FAT obstacle.

flows: so how do you know my wing

fat chick: we don’t we just started taking to him

flows: ohhh ok cool what’s you and your mates name

fat chick: blah blah

flows: cool so do you girls come hear often

fat chick: blah blah we use to go this other place but its gotten kind of s*it now so we’ve started coming hear.

Anyway after a few more minuets of lame conversation, my mate tells me he’s getting board talking to his chick and I was getting board handling the obstacle so we decide to bail out.

Was a REALLY poor performance on my part last night but am out lone wolf tonight so hopefully with a bit of luck I’ll get my swagger back.

Last edited:

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What about me... actually... figure that, school really hasn't been good for approaches lately.

Reaction score
One approach today - said hi, she just ignored me and walked by, no connection. That makes four approaches so far.

yrock181

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey i really find this kind of interesting. i want to know if i could jump in too. this will be motivate me even more to do something knowing that someone is competing with me.

Reaction score
yrock181 said:
hey i really find this kind of interesting. i want to know if i could jump in too. this will be motivate me even more to do something knowing that someone is competing with me.
Sure, why not? Jump in too. As you can see the highest approaches on here so far are three or four, so you could easily try and out-compete that mark.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Three or four? That's not much man. I don't know, I might be interested but it seems the only oppurtunity I'll have to approach is Graduation on Sunday(Concert Band plays there) and finals next week. I got one approach in today though, so I might as well count it towards the competition. I already approach a lot normally so I might as well just use those approaches for the competition.

Approach #1

So I'm walking around lunch looking for girls to approach and I'm almost giving up all hope of approaching any girls, because they're all with guys or something. But then I see this one girl alone looking at a poster and I talk to her. Here's how it went:
Me: Hey, do you cook?
Her: I'm sorry, what did you say?
Me: Oh I asked if you cooked.
Her: No.
Me: So say me and you got married one day and I asked you to cook for me, you wouldn't be able to do?
Her: No, I'm sorry.
Me: Sorry? What are you apologizing for?
Her: I don't know.
Me: So yeah, I could see it now me and you get married, have our honey moon together, then the next day when we're at home, and I ask you to cook me breakfast you wouldn't be able to do it. So because of that, we get divorced and I would take all the money.
Her: I'll learn.
Me: Yeah, maybe you should take some classes.
Her: Yeah.
Her: Are you thinking about taking any classes?
Her: Yeah, my grandmother actually cooks.
[Bell rings]
Her: Well I have to go to class.
[At this point we're walking in the hallways]
Me: Really, which class do you have next?
Her: Math.
Me: Oh, I have Geometry, yeah, that's a pretty boring class.
Her: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Me: I notice you apologize a lot.
Her: I know.
Me: I mean, it's alright, you don't have to apologize all the time.
Me: So what are you doing this summer?
Her: Oh, I'll be around.
Me: Yeah, I'm thinking about going to Geauga Lake, I have a friend named David who works there and I can get discounts from him.
Her: Oh, that's really cool.
Me: Yeah.
Me: So I'll see you later.
I guess that was a pretty good approach. A few times, about 4 times I think, I kinoed her. When we were walking down the hallway, I started kinoing a lot. She also smiled a few times.

Reaction score
Sat down and said hi to girls walking inside the mall while I was seated down, one or so times. So, add another approach there.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker said:
Sat down and said hi to girls walking inside the mall while I was seated down, one or so times. So, add another approach there.
Yeah.. but you just said "Hi" did you say anything else though? I really don't think that counts because you say hi to people and girls all the time. Atleast I do. But hey, if all you have to do is say hi I'll be killing this competition. An approach is when you actually go up to the girl and have/attempt to have a conversation with her.

Reaction score
Jayer said:
Im going to pass on this one. I need to focus on finishing my journal
Yeah, you'll probably hit a few approaches by the time this competition is over. What's your rate of approaches like once or twice a month or something right? No wonder you dont want to compete.

Reaction score
ElStud said:
Yeah.. but you just said "Hi" did you say anything else though? I really don't think that counts because you say hi to people and girls all the time. Atleast I do. But hey, if all you have to do is say hi I'll be killing this competition. An approach is when you actually go up to the girl and have/attempt to have a conversation with her.
If it's someone you dont know and it's a stranger then it counts because she could ignore you. A valid approach has a rejection risk. If someone ignores you saying hi, then what more do you want, people could really ignore you if they are not receptive to you.

Reaction score
Made an approach today with someone at my office. I used the standard opener for office strangers 'Are you a new agent here?', and she said she just came into the office last Friday -- and then I probed further to ask how she got here.

We had a discussion about our backgrounds, she asked what my background is etc..... I have an exotic look that keeps people guessing what my true background is. Afterwards, I said it was 'nice meeting her', and we parted our own independent ways.

So, that's one cool approach. Made me feel good.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm heading to this one mall on Saturday, lot more diverse than the last one I went to, so yeah, I'll get some approaches in then. And they really don't count, sure she could ignore but it's not really an approach. Besides, chicks rarely ignore you unless you're freaking whispering to her.

happyguy151

Don Juan
Reaction score
This topic caught my eye and I will enter the challenge too, I need the experience of approaching ladies. I made 1 approach today. During my lunchbreak I decided to go in to my local Costa, never been in before and thought I would try it. I walk in and this gorgeous waitress is behind the counter. Brown eyes, long dark beautiful hair, as usual my heart began to pound and I started feeling nervous, but I knew I had to get over this shyness sometime. I approached her with a smile, although Im sure it looked nervous as hell.
Me: Hi
Girl: "Oh, hello! how can I help you?" she smiled back.
Me: "erm a Cappuchino" just then I quickly looked at her name tag
Me: "please Amy"
Amy gave me a smile and good eye contact
Amy: "coming right up"
I wasent sure what to say next, I was worried I would say something stupid.
Me: " How are you? " "are you having a good day?"
Amy: " oh, erm yeah im ok thanks."
She looked and sounded a bit uncomfortable and I thought I blew it. I said thanks and sat down in the corner. I was reading the paper but looking at Amy in the corner of my eye when she collected cups from the tables. She then approached me.
Me: "Hey!"
Amy: " Hi! listen Im really sorry if I came off as being rude earlier, its just no one has ever came up to me at work and asked me if I am having a good day, and it was really sweet of you"
Me: "that's okay" I then smiled at her and winked at her, she smiled back and began to blush slightly and these signs began boosting my confidence slightly.
Amy: "what's your name then?"
Me: "David"
Amy: "nice to meet you David"
I finish my drink and stand up
Amy: "would you like anything else?"
Me: "yeah your phone number" I looked into her eyes and smiled.
Amy: "You have only just met me" she begins to laugh a little "You dont even know much about me"
Me: "well I would like to get to know you better"
Amy smiled again, she walked up to the till, grabbed a pen and wrote her number on a napkin.
Amy: "Here you go!"
Me:Thanks Ill ring you soon" "Bye"
Amy: "Bye"
I walked out and felt so good, I had tried approaches before but none had ever worked before. I will try more tomorrow but I am really pleased with what I have done today.

Reaction score
ElStud said:
I'm heading to this one mall on Saturday, lot more diverse than the last one I went to, so yeah, I'll get some approaches in then. And they really don't count, sure she could ignore but it's not really an approach. Besides, chicks rarely ignore you unless you're freaking whispering to her.
How do you figure it's not an approach? You are trying to get her attention, but if she's not giving you any IOI's, eye contact, and seems to be ignoring you like she sences you are trying to approach her but is putting up walls to resist an approach - then I think that should count as an approach, you cant expect chicks to cooperate because sometimes they have these b1tch shields on.

L777

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did a well good approach today....using my unique cavemannign skills.

In the bar she was playing pool, and I said (this is a nice spin on an old classic) "nice cues, wanna f.uck?" and she's like..."errrrr....yea go on then I got 5 minutes".

Led her to the bogs and sealed the deal....easy.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker said:
How do you figure it's not an approach? You are trying to get her attention, but if she's not giving you any IOI's, eye contact, and seems to be ignoring you like she sences you are trying to approach her but is putting up walls to resist an approach - then I think that should count as an approach, you cant expect chicks to cooperate because sometimes they have these b1tch shields on.
My opinion it's only really an approach if you're talking to her and having conversation with her. Even if you TRY talking to the and she ignores you, that's an approach, but just saying "Hi" then ending it isn't an approach.