"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Approach anxiety really is in our head

bigdave17

Banned
Joined
Oct 25, 2017
Messages
3,064
Reaction score
581
Age
37
I've tried to approach either by myself or with a friend maybe 4 or 5 girls last few weeks and everybody has been very friendly

I'm trying to make the jump to asking out the women at my gym who are my exact types (multiple very cute latinas) but the anxiety is difficult to overcome. Honestly I wonder if i have love shyness - i think I'm just as scared of success as failure. Like a kidnapping victim so used to being miserable that being happy and free is scary

anyways, for everyone here intensely afraid of approaching as i was, very few women seem to be rude
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,757
Reaction score
9,961
I went through a phase when I froze up around beautiful women. I could laugh and joke with the guys and with girls I wasn't attracted to, but when a real beauty walked in I froze up. I finally realized that I needed to force myself to relax and act the same way that I did with everybody else. This is the real meaning of "Be Yourself", to relax and rely on your natural charms that you use in your everyday life.

Attractive women tend to be more polite than fat or ugly women, because fat, ugly women have had more bad experiences with men. Attractive women tend to have positive experiences with men (they know men will like them), so they are more friendly. Generally speaking.
 

bigdave17

Banned
Joined
Oct 25, 2017
Messages
3,064
Reaction score
581
Age
37
I went through a phase when I froze up around beautiful women. I could laugh and joke with the guys and with girls I wasn't attracted to, but when a real beauty walked in I froze up. I finally realized that I needed to force myself to relax and act the same way that I did with everybody else. This is the real meaning of "Be Yourself", to relax and rely on your natural charms that you use in your everyday life.

Attractive women tend to be more polite than fat or ugly women, because fat, ugly women have had more bad experiences with men. Attractive women tend to have positive experiences with men (they know men will like them), so they are more friendly. Generally speaking.
there was a super cute young latina at my gym today. i said something to her and she smiled and seemed very friendly but i froze up due to the anxiety

its all in our heads
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,757
Reaction score
9,961
there was a super cute young latina at my gym today. i said something to her and she smiled and seemed very friendly but i froze up due to the anxiety
Well you grabbed your balls and gave it a try. It's all we can do. Maybe you'll be less anxious next time.
 

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
Well you grabbed your balls and gave it a try. It's all we can do. Maybe you'll be less anxious next time.
Yeah, next time you start to freeze up, discreetly grab your balls and squeeze to discomfort, that will surely snap you out of your head :D
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

bigdave17

Banned
Joined
Oct 25, 2017
Messages
3,064
Reaction score
581
Age
37
Well you grabbed your balls and gave it a try. It's all we can do. Maybe you'll be less anxious next time.

I talked to a chick from my high school today at the gym. She's not attractive but not horrible


She was very friendly also. Probably could have easily gotten a date out of that if I kept it going
 

fanatic22

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2018
Messages
416
Reaction score
329
I’m pretty sure I suggested that Dave try this. If I get Dave laid I believe I get permanent mod status per sosuave forum rules.
 

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2016
Messages
1,106
Reaction score
1,018
I’m pretty sure I suggested that Dave try this. If I get Dave laid I believe I get permanent mod status per sosuave forum rules.
Im taking 31% credit. I think he saw that old thread I posted and realized he wasted a whole year being the same guy who's doesn't listen to his own positive reinforcement
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,757
Reaction score
9,961
Yeah, next time you start to freeze up, discreetly grab your balls and squeeze to discomfort, that will surely snap you out of your head :D
I'm pretty sure the term "grab your balls" means to take them along with you, not leave them behind, as in keeping your nerve. Not squeeze them to discomfort, yowtch.
 

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
I'm pretty sure the term "grab your balls" means to take them along with you, not leave them behind, as in keeping your nerve. Not squeeze them to discomfort, yowtch.
Lol if it helps him get out of his head yo....
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2018
Messages
817
Reaction score
575
Age
51
Why do you guys keep responding to his bait-and-hook threads??! sigh...so gullible you DJs are!
 

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
Why do you guys keep responding to his bait-and-hook threads??! sigh...so gullible you DJs are!
I'm hoping he'll follow my squeeze yo balls advice!
 

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2018
Messages
817
Reaction score
575
Age
51
I'm hoping he'll follow my squeeze yo balls advice!
He'll have to find them first...hey, you get lucky on Bumble lately? you need some balls to play with too hahaha
 
Last edited:

corrector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
10,392
Reaction score
4,059
I've tried to approach either by myself or with a friend maybe 4 or 5 girls last few weeks and everybody has been very friendly

I'm trying to make the jump to asking out the women at my gym who are my exact types (multiple very cute latinas) but the anxiety is difficult to overcome. Honestly I wonder if i have love shyness - i think I'm just as scared of success as failure. Like a kidnapping victim so used to being miserable that being happy and free is scary

anyways, for everyone here intensely afraid of approaching as i was, very few women seem to be rude
It's good you are having the motivation to approach women. I'm having a motivation problem because I keep bringing my Tablet to the gym, plug in my head-phones and watch TV Shows and I'm finding that is just killing my motivation to do anything because some of these TV shows are so good, like take Homecoming with Julia Roberts. Watching her act on the Tablet with that particular TV-series verses approaching a real girl..... Then I rationalize and say it's better to bring a Tablet to the Gym since I may stare at the women inside the Gym and lust over them or over-think approaching someone the whole time and don't approach, so it's better this way.

If you actually approach and ask someone out then I might leave my Tablet at home or in the car next time. I think this Tablet is making me too oblivious socially and in LA LA Land for my own good when I should try approaches too.
 
Top