Applying to teach English abroad

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After graduating from college this May, I intend to spend a the year between college and grad school teaching english in some East Asian country (and isn't that a familiar story?) because I've never been to that part of the world and I feel like I'm falling into a rut here in the US.

My top choices are Japan, China, Vietnam, and Korea. Strictly in terms of the opportunities for women and having a good time in general, what is the best choice? I am not very tall (5'7) but blond and blue-eyed if that makes any difference.

Stéphane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VIETNAM VIETNAM, the girls are hot, and a lot of them can speak english because of the vietnam war.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there was a japan vs korea thread awhile back that had some good stuff in it. do a search for it

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude you're going to be in for a wild time! You'll have massive stories to tell when you get back. I think this is a great idea. It's a lot easier to travel right after graduation than later when you have house payments, taxes, student loans that are harder to defer then, etc.

meitenesrigas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
cyp6 said:
japan dude.. ull feel most at home there. and japanies women are by far the hottest asian women
WRONG. Follow the scent of the Russian language. The Former Soviet Union packs more beauty than all other places combined. Kazakh and Kyrgyz girls have VERY "Oriental" features, are tall, and have enough Russian blood lines to make them the "hottest asian girls". Interesting enough, most are Muslims. You won't be able to teach them English though. Maybe go and learn Russian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hz23smDcp0&feature=related

Oh yeah, MySpace is an Anglophile social networking site. It is not what non-English speaking parts of the world use.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
meitenesrigas said:
WRONG. Follow the scent of the Russian language. The Former Soviet Union packs more beauty than all other places combined. Kazakh and Kyrgyz girls have VERY "Oriental" features, are tall, and have enough Russian blood lines to make them the "hottest asian girls". Interesting enough, most are Muslims. You won't be able to teach them English though. Maybe go and learn Russian.
Uh, but the idea is to teach english, not just go to a country with hot women.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fuzzx said:
Uh, but the idea is to teach english, not just go to a country with hot women.

HAHAHAhahHAHAHAHAHHAhaahaahaHAHHAHAHHAhahahaahahahahahHAHHAH

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Dude, pick the women you like first then pick the country... you can get a job anywhere... I'll hire you if you want lol. Seriously theres always a job for a young naive 20 something teacher. You aren't the first, you wont be the last. My opinion, goto Korea. Lots of fun and women to be had there.
Maybe you misunderstood. I don't want to go to Khakstan or someplace similar because it's not a culture I'm interested in. Every country has pretty women; it doesn't make them places I'd want to go.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bump

zinc64

Don Juan
Reaction score
Leporello said:
After graduating from college this May, I intend to spend a the year between college and grad school teaching english in some East Asian country (and isn't that a familiar story?) because I've never been to that part of the world and I feel like I'm falling into a rut here in the US.

My top choices are Japan, China, Vietnam, and Korea. Strictly in terms of the opportunities for women and having a good time in general, what is the best choice? I am not very tall (5'7) but blond and blue-eyed if that makes any difference.

I am actually teaching English in Korea right now. It has been a crazy experience. As far as girls go, I haven't had any trouble whatsoever but I here is is the least best of places to go in Asia if you are looking for girls. However, you are probaly much more likely to get AIDs or another disease in Vietnam. Japan is cool...but expensive as hell. As far as saving money goes, Korea is the best. Fully paid apartment and super cheap transportation plus cheap food and a nice salary. But the women in Vietnam from what I have heard are definitely more free spirited than Korea. Plus they sell drugs openly everywhere there....if that's your thing. If you are looking for the best time possible, I'd go to Vietnam because I have heard from many westerners over here that it's absolutely crazy. But trust me, anywhere you go here, you are going to have an unforgettable experience. It's just so much different than the west.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ihave to put my vote in for China, seeing as that is where I am now. Sichuan province has the hottest women in China and a ****ender for all east asia. My other choice would be to go to Japan. Blue-eyed devils get all kinds of ***** there, (well any asian country.).

Whatever you do don't base your decision on which women are hottest. Decide what country you want to see the most. All asian countries are very different.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zinc64 said:
I am actually teaching English in Korea right now. It has been a crazy experience. As far as girls go, I haven't had any trouble whatsoever but I here is is the least best of places to go in Asia if you are looking for girls. However, you are probaly much more likely to get AIDs or another disease in Vietnam. Japan is cool...but expensive as hell. As far as saving money goes, Korea is the best. Fully paid apartment and super cheap transportation plus cheap food and a nice salary.
What, they stopped selling condoms? I wouldn't go in unprotected with any chick I wasn't married to, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd world. Though the odds of getting AIDS from straight sex are very low. And drugs are not my thing.

But the women in Vietnam from what I have heard are definitely more free spirited than Korea. Plus they sell drugs openly everywhere there....if that's your thing. If you are looking for the best time possible, I'd go to Vietnam because I have heard from many westerners over here that it's absolutely crazy. But trust me, anywhere you go here, you are going to have an unforgettable experience. It's just so much different than the west.
Free-spirited, really? I'd have thought (though I don't know, obviously) that it'd be more conservative.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
selfmademob said:
Just admit it, you just want to teach abroad to have sex with little girls ages 12 and younger.
I'm not Gary Glitter.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
selfmademob said:
lmao (plays that HEY song)
Yeah, they don't play that song so much anymore, and that's why.

Back on topic...

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anybody have stories to tell?

Shaik

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I've been to Vietnam twice when I was younger. All I have to say is that they sure LOVE to pinch my cheek over there :p