Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Applying the 2 strikes rule how long do you wait before you recontact or does it not matter?

pete101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a rule of thumb the 2 strikes rule seems to work well when dealing with HB's but have any of you had varying degrees of success depending how long you waited in between strikes?

Say you ask a girl out and she flakes, when do you try again to apply the second strike? Is 1 week or 2 weeks too long?

Of if she doesn't reply to your message do you just move on?

I understand you should be spinning plates regardless but im curious if the time waiting in between allows things to reset a little so any afc mistakes or whatever can be minimised and can start (somewhat) fresh all be it on the back foot (as some other guy will or may have taken your place as the object of her desired at that present time)

Reaction score
depends on the flake, but generally 1 week. Waiting 2 weeks won't make much of a difference unless she's in Italy or something travelling.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I normally would go on at least 3 or 4 dates with other women before I contacted her again, which is probably 2 weeks or so...

But by that time depending on how those dates went, I might not even bother...which is the whole point. Find women who are interested initially.

pete101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a tough one, how did the flake happen and do y'all keep in regular contact?
We only just met 3 times playing sport she agreed to my date idea then suddenly did a 180 over the weekend

When things were going well i told her to clear her schedule for saturday night as i was taking her out on a proper date. She laughed and agreed. (Prior to this she suggested to go coffee before we intended to do sport as i was walking down i should have taken that opportunity to sit with her 1 on 1 and escalate but at that time i wasnt thinking i was just reading advice here saying just ask them out on a date to see where you stand - when we were next due to meet to play sports i said we could go for coffee beforehand but I'll take her on a proper date soon to which she laughed and agreed by message so that's when i knew she was open to me taking her on a date)

Fast forward to a few days later..

When i messaged later telling her what we were doing she didnt read the messages maybe she didnt like my date idea it was drinks at a bar..or expected dinner

Also she is going through work turmoil and i made the mistake of offering to help as she was crying in my arms last time i saw her. Sent her a long email addressing how she should handle her work situation and denied promotion.

When i said to her in whatsapp i'll pick her up at 9pm saturday how's then she replied with hey not sure might be leaving town to gather my thoughts to prepare for the appraisal meeting this week..

Because i made a mistake with a brazilian milf a few weeks ago where i accepted her 'if i have to work then cant make it flake excuse' when i realised straight after i should have said no we can choose a timr when you're more sure of your schedule - im rusty i haven't dated in a long time as i got out of a relationship post pandemic

So i went for that answer of we can go next weekend after her review (but she is going away for a week this weekend) unless she is leaving that weekend to which she replies she is leaving on the friday then goes on and on about her work review and i get friendzoned by saying she isnt being exactly positive friend.

(In retrospect i maybe should have said for her to let me know friday if she is leaving town so i can make other plans to keep it on that train of thought i cant for the life of me understand why in the space of a few messages she is trying to turn me into a friend when she agreed to my date - i suspect cos she had a girl friend staying over she wss talking about it with her using chick logic bad mouthing me why im not offering dinnrr or something but i wont know cos it could be that or my long email)

I was quite taken aback by this cos like just a few days prior she seemed excited about going on out date so i dont know if she doesnt like my date idea but expected dinner (she is foreign so i don't know how they read these things or accustomed to but i Def wasnt taking her dinner) or whether it was my long email helping her out with her work situation.

Either way i shouldnt have sent that email as i don't know whether it was cos of that or cos of my date idea. The date idea was delivered in the morning and i didnt send the email till sunday midday last sunday.

The 180 is what got me.

Anyway when she said what she said i tried to do my usual c+f routinr which gets me out of sticky situations saying jokingly we are not friends we are potential future lovers, confidantes and sport husband and wife (we had this running joke we would be sport bf/gf in a few weeks as we would be spending so much time together) and I'll take her on our date when she isnt stressed about work assuming i wasnt taken by then.

Delivered and not read.

I asked her the next day if she was feeling better. Not read.

At this point i was annoyed and just offered to play sport again this weekend if she doesnt leave town. Not read again.

At this point i deleted the convo thread so wasnt tempted to send any more messages as i was digging myself a hole.

Now i am at the point of just trying to change the direction of the convo cos i know if i can get her out in person i can run some game on her to try increase the buying temperature again we barely know each other as only did sport and were denied our coffee sit down as they were all closed.

So really at this point is me waiting till she gets back end of next week better than say me messaging her tomorrow which will have been a week since my last message?

I have bad oneitis but im trying to get more new plates as we speak so can forget her just she wss exactly what i wanted right now someone i can do my sport with on the level i need happy to do it in the cold so i saw her as ideal for more than just a gf but again i wouldn't be happy with just doing sport with her if no sex cos I'll end up getting resentful and bitter when she meets a new guy and tries to tell me about it.

Last edited:

pete101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I normally would go on at least 3 or 4 dates with other women before I contacted her again, which is probably 2 weeks or so...

But by that time depending on how those dates went, I might not even bother...which is the whole point. Find women who are interested initially.
And the moral of the story is have more plates for those dates which i dont

It isnt that easy for some of us to easily get 3-4 dates so they are on tap.

Tbh i am having such a bad time going on dates with obnoxious attention seekers whoss life revolves around posting pics on instagram it has diluted the dating pool even more

Seems like anyone under 30 only use social media 24 hours a day.

Plank

Don Juan
Reaction score
When i messaged later telling her what we were doing she didnt read the messages maybe she didnt like my date idea it was drinks at a bar..or expected dinner
It wasn't the date idea that was bad. Follow the Anti-Dump advice - "She just didn't liked you enough."

Also she is going through work turmoil and i made the mistake of offering to help as she was crying in my arms last time i saw her. Sent her a long email addressing how she should handle her work situation and denied promotion.
when you don't know each other for at least a month or two. Don't try to fix her problems. She was just looking for emotional support at the time. It wasn't intimacy and you misjudged her action. Next time if it happens just tell her that "I hope things will get better for you, you are already a hard working women." or something along the line, "You seem to have a bad day let's fix it, wanna have ice-cream." You get the idea. You can not console someone through text, after all it's just empty messages.

When i said to her in whatsapp I'll pick her up at 9pm Saturday how's then she replied with hey not sure might be leaving town to gather my thoughts to prepare for the appraisal meeting this week..
Again SHE DOESN'T LIKE YOU ENOUGH.

Delivered and not read.
Stop sending her texts. Let her reconnect to you, if she wants to have something with you, she will find time. Be patient and don't blow her phone. You will seem just needy and desperate.

Now i am at the point of just trying to change the direction of the convo
If she texts you back, don't ask her about work. Tell her that you had a wonderful weekend, went to a date with another chick but didn't liked her enough. JUST DON'T TELL HER THAT YOU WERE SAD BECAUSE SHE WASN'T GIVING ATTENTION TO YOU.

I understand the place you are coming from. I had oneitis for a girl too. You will get over her, just give yourself time and hang out with your guy friends, and If you have plates spinning, go on a date with them even if you don't want to, just for the sake of practice.

I had a similar experience, but after a week the girl contacted me again, and now she is flaking. Talk to her, but keep your expectation to the minimum, and nothing will happen. Take this opportunity as a learning experience and move on.

DON'T PUSH HER FOR A DATE. It's probably not gonna happen.
Also remember all the people posting here are just advice, you choose what you are gonna do with it. Don't be bound by rules, experiment and learn.

You seem to get attached to girls pretty easily, it's a problem with us recovering AFC's. Put things into practice and sometimes go opposite to what your instincts are telling you.

Good luck

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
And the moral of the story is have more plates for those dates which i dont

It isnt that easy for some of us to easily get 3-4 dates so they are on tap.

Tbh i am having such a bad time going on dates with obnoxious attention seekers whoss life revolves around posting pics on instagram it has diluted the dating pool even more

Seems like anyone under 30 only use social media 24 hours a day.
Just gotta screen better