Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone watch WW84?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Leave it with me to have a WW84 movie thread turn into a Jerry Springer show, lol! Meanwhile time is ticking on the refund period of this rental, lol!

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seemed you were very strongly implying they were boring movies. The reason why you have not watched them is because they are very boring. That is not what you meant to say?
Nope I said from the beginning that I dont watch movies with female leading characters.

Are you like trolling me or you got the pill from the movie limitless backwards?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People have complained it was too long and it drags too much on the second act.
That's true of both Wonder Woman movies IMO.

Consoder this: For $30, you could buy HBO Max for a couple of months and watch that and a bunch of other stuff.

I've seen those digital projectors, they sound kind of cool.

crosscheck1331

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people need to lighten up :rofl:

If it's a bad thing to watch movies because they have fine looking women in them then I am guilty as charged. It brings me a lot of satisfaction too might I add.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope I said from the beginning that I dont watch movies with female leading characters.

Are you like trolling me or you got the pill from the movie limitless backwards?
It sounds like you were making an argument specifically dealing with left-wing values such as feminism and further emasculation of men is somehow being promoted by movies which have female leading characters. If a movie doesn't have an underlying political message, then what is wrong with female leading characters? Then it sounded like you were making an argument that some movies that I recommended, that were apolitical were too boring for consideration and the only thing they had going for it was a hot woman.

Lets call a spade a spade, if that is your taste and you don't like movies with women on them, then that's fair enough, but it doesn't really add anything here. If you are saying there is some type of underlying political message in this movie and it should not be supported because society has gone too far in the tank for guys to afford to support what is a sh1thole state of affairs, then that could be some point. Maybe that's why it has a low rating on IMDB. Lots of people are pissed with a message that would be disconnected from reality and what appears to be average woman who are super-entitled because they give themselves up for free to Chads and get unconditional support from all the Simps online and now you have WONDER WOMAN to put more salt in the wound. Even a guy, such as myself, putting $ 30 into that would sound like a Judas-betrayal against against trying to get things back into balance to have a more sane world, and is on the same level as using onlyfans?

But hey, it's usually the middle that gets hit the worst. If you are super rich, you are fine. If you are broke, you are fine. If you are in the middle you feel shafted because you don't qualify for the programs and you can't afford certain things like the super-rich can. Same thing here. So you say, beta-guys aren't stake holders or part of the middle so they will support those movies because what do they have to lose? Just laugh and make it more difficult for the middle like crabs in the bucket.

So, to guys such as myself who buy into these types of movies, then, must be making some political statement by renting this movie for $ 30.00 and watching it. It's not just a piece of entertainment, it is propaganda from the liberal media owned by the Jews with the intent to further subvert society until it's just comes apart? You are welcome for making your point for you. That is what you are trying to say?

I don't see things that way. Like I said, it's only a movie with me. Most guys do not think that intensely about it.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's true of both Wonder Woman movies IMO.

Consoder this: For $30, you could buy HBO Max for a couple of months and watch that and a bunch of other stuff.

I've seen those digital projectors, they sound kind of cool.
HBO Max is not available in Canada. I intend to use my digital projector to watch this otherwise I would not have rented this like that.

Last edited:

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still have not opened it. Too many other movies leaving the two big streaming services I marked on a watch list. I have up to 22 or so days. Just rewatched Adjustment Bureau (2011) tonight. I am saving money by watching those now rather than renting the titles later.

This thread and section got real quiet all of a sudden. You can hear a pin drop.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Movie was finally opened on the Tablet while I was driving on the back-seat of the car. Frustrated at the line-ups infront of a store, I just found myself starting to watch this on the Tablet while driving as a passenger in my own car, with a snowy country side road heading back to the city.

It started with some amazing Olympic scene involving a young WW competing in some match. This is the first 3 minutes on HBO public release on youtube so there is no trailer. I stopped around 20 - 25 minute mark and intend to pick-up later.

The overall experience of opening this felt different. Like I really visited the cinema while riding inside my own car. I'm now in the 80s part with the mall scene and where the other blonde lady is introducing herself to WW after being ignored in the place.

The last time I wanted to visit a cinema on New Years Eve was back in 2018 when there was Aquaman (2018), but didn't end up going. This time I visited the cinema in my mind for the first time on old years day. Lets see how the rest of this movie goes.

christie

Banned
Reaction score
Movie was finally opened on the Tablet while I was driving on the back-seat of the car. Frustrated at the line-ups infront of a store, I just found myself starting to watch this on the Tablet while driving as a passenger in my own car, with a snowy country side road heading back to the city.

It started with some amazing Olympic scene involving a young WW competing in some match. This is the first 3 minutes on HBO public release on youtube so there is no trailer. I stopped around 20 - 25 minute mark and intend to pick-up later.

The overall experience of opening this felt different. Like I really visited the cinema while riding inside my own car. I'm now in the 80s part with the mall scene and where the other blonde lady is introducing herself to WW after being ignored in the place.

The last time I wanted to visit a cinema on New Years Eve was back in 2018 when there was Aquaman (2018), but didn't end up going. This time I visited the cinema in my mind for the first time on old years day. Lets see how the rest of this movie goes.
Corrector, its so amazing going to the movie theatre.
I'm happy for you that you got to emulate the same feeling today though and stay safe from the virus.

Enjoy the rest of your movie.

Btw, I watched aquaman recently and was disappointed at how bossy amber heard's character was and how they made buddy's character out to be forgetful. I did like how he was so loyal and steadfast-sounding when he honestly stated he wanted the golden trident for his community/kingdom.

But I liked that message of a man must not only be a king but also a hero. Awwwww.

In the old WW tv show episodes I'm watching there always seems to be an altruistic and moral saying that Diana states at the end and her civilian part of her character seems submissive, compliant and nurturing to the Major so that's good to see.

Cool stuff these superhero movies.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Happy New Year!!!

Just finished viewing WW84. Wow. What did I just see? I enjoyed the movie. It sounds like a devil's bargain. The main villain did not make me think of Donald Trump as others have said. He reminds me more of the Brazilian president, Jair Bolsonaro, the energy and charm felt more like a Latin American vibe than an American one. Terrible Ronald Reagan stand-in for that time, didn't look much like him.
As far as right-wing stuff, not in the least. This is someone I'd imagine would be like how the Biblical Anti-christ would appeal to the world.
This is more in line with old VHS Apocalpyse movies where the Antichrist would appeal to everyone in VR and grant them something they want if they worship him.

In terms of any feminist agenda...it might be difficult for me to see, but I don't get that. At the end of the day it's the "truth that set people free", not Wonder Woman, she's just the messenger, not the savior.

In terms of 80s nostalgia. I was a kid in 1984 so obviously I'd anchor partially with the main villain Maxwell Lord's son. (After all, my own father would be that age and I'd be like that boy on that year). The Soviet threat was alive and well and I think I've forgotten about how dominant the Soviet Union was during my childhood. There was the Chernobyl disaster in 1986 and it's was there as a fact of life. I think historically, the portrait of Reagan in this movie is totally unrealistic.

In terms of the romance between Wonder Woman and the pilot, I loved the airplane scene with the fireworks. It's like a mind-blowing date.

I don't think I gave much away here. So, I don't regret spending $ 30 to watch this, seeing I opened it and viewed it in 2020 (finished the movie a few minutes before midnight). It didn't feel like a holiday movie in any length except by the ending, but somehow especially with the end credit song, I am glad to have seen this.

It's an interesting movie. I wonder if this was another type of movie that, but it explored the same thing, that was in Spanish with English subtitles and if it would have come out better. Not sure why I feel there is a strong Latin American vibe with this movie. Perhaps some level of sophistication is lacking somewhere that may feel more resonant in that culture than here and may come off as too cheesy in some way.

I'm going to look at some spoiler reviews to help me process this better and may consider a re-watch with a watch along party. Will be looking at youtube for all this. Scores are still tanking on this.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looked at some spoiler reviews. Yeah. I'm laughing at some aspects of the movie along with some of these reviews because it really is silly when you look at it.

christie

Banned
Reaction score
Happy New Year, so the villain's looks was the political statement in WW84?

I finished the third episode of the original WW shows and its neat to see how often the Major retains frame with lots of pedastel kicking negs and yet also shows admiration for the superhero. Push/pull.
There are many scenes where the military men allow the subordinate in rank women to add their vocal strategy brainstorm ideas.

I woke up this morning thinking how clever/subversive the early season WW episodes were like a recruitment for women for the military. The second dvd I think, leaves the war scenes behind.

I'm recording myself reading On the suffering of the world by philosopher Schopenhauer and taking notes on his debating techniques in The Art of Being Right before those books go back to the library while taking some reading/writing breaks by watching these episodes, so I wonder how much my concurrent reading is affecting my perception in watching.

Schopenhauer writes long run-on sentences with many commas, like I do.

He's got a face full of character as seen in a picture of him in the On the Suffering.... book. I have an urge to take the tracing paper I bought a few months ago and to do a pencil trace of his face.

Last edited:

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I finished the third episode of the original WW shows and its neat to see how often the Major retains frame with lots of pedastel kicking negs and yet also shows admiration for the superhero. Push/pull.
There are many scenes where the military men allow the subordinate in rank women to add their vocal strategy brainstorm ideas.

I woke up this morning thinking how clever/subversive the early season WW episodes were like a recruitment for women for the military. The second dvd I think, leaves the war scenes behind.

I'm recording myself reading On the suffering of the world by philosopher Schopenhauer and taking notes on his debating techniques in The Art of Being Right before those books go back to the library while taking some reading/writing breaks by watching these episodes, so I wonder how much my concurrent reading is affecting my perception in watching.

Schopenhauer writes long run-on sentences with many commas, like I do.

He's got a face full of character as seen in a picture of him in the On the Suffering.... book. I have an urge to take the tracing paper I bought a few months ago and to do a pencil trace of his face.
There is a cameo appearance of the actress in the TV series in this actual movie, especially at the middle of the end credits.

I'm re-watching the WW84 movie a second time paired with a watch-along party on the desktop. The host of the archived watch-along party is sharing some nuances within the movie that I may have missed. May re-watch for a third time later this evening.

christie

Banned
Reaction score
There is a cameo appearance of the actress in the TV series in this actual movie, especially at the middle of the end credits.

I'm re-watching the WW84 movie a second time paired with a watch-along party on the desktop. The host of the archived watch-along party is sharing some nuances within the movie that I may have missed. May re-watch for a third time later this evening.
I just heard about watchalong parties the other day.

On an app called Discord, right?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just heard about watchalong parties the other day.

On an app called Discord, right?
What I did was take this youtube video:
and simply played it in sync with the rental movie on youtube on a different window.

The re-watch (in synch with archived watchalong) brought tears to my eyes. The movie is now starting to click emotionally. The story and narrative might be poor, but it's very evocative where it needs to hit those checkmarks. The characters have presence on the screen when they deliver the main lines, that boy, and some of the beautiful cinematic scenes and beautiful end credit song at the end. If you get too hung up on the story or suspension of disbelief you'll miss the beauty.

I'm unfamiliar with Discord or watchalong apps.

christie

Banned
Reaction score
What I did was take this youtube video:
and simply played it in sync with the rental movie on youtube on a different window.

The re-watch (in synch with archived watchalong) brought tears to my eyes. The movie is now starting to click emotionally. The story and narrative might be poor, but it's very evocative where it needs to hit those checkmarks. The characters have presence on the screen when they deliver the main lines, that boy, and some of the beautiful cinematic scenes and beautiful end credit song at the end. If you get too hung up on the story or suspension of disbelief you'll miss the beauty.

I'm unfamiliar with Discord or watchalong apps.
oh ok, I'm not sure I understand it yet. I had downloaded Discord, created acct and then 'accepted invite' from another forum but only saw a chat come up. So I'm not sure where the watchalong happens. I haven't messaged that other forum yet to see how to do it. Plus I think I missed the date of the watchalong. I had the impression it was a live moviewatch. This is probably like illegal or something right? Like showing a production publicly without permission? Call it 'streaming' and its ok, right? Or I was supposed to get my own copy to watch along with?

christie

Banned
Reaction score
oh ok, I'm not sure I understand it yet. I had downloaded Discord, created acct and then 'accepted invite' from another forum but only saw a chat come up. So I'm not sure where the watchalong happens. I haven't messaged that other forum yet to see how to do it. Plus I think I missed the date of the watchalong. I had the impression it was a live moviewatch. This is probably like illegal or something right? Like showing a production publicly without permission? Call it 'streaming' and its ok, right? Or I was supposed to get my own copy to watch along with?
ok, I saw what you posted. I get it.

I like talking about movies during the movie. That would suit me to look more into this.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Interesting, I don't think I ever watched that series regularly, but I saw a few episodes. I didn't know there were negs in it.

The political statement with the villain doesn't go very deep, but it goes beyond looks. It's basically a portrait of how Trump's critics see him: as a selfish, self centered, ambitious, incompetent, whose bumbling ends in near apocalyptic disaster. The character also reaches high office (in a sense). Some people don't see it, I guess, but it looks pretty blatant to me. Especially knowing how Hollywood thinks. He wasn't all bad though, he loved his son.

I hope this isn't too spoilerish, but her character was the original wearer of the golden armor.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting, I don't think I ever watched that series regularly, but I saw a few episodes. I didn't know there were negs in it.

The political statement with the villain doesn't go very deep, but it goes beyond looks. It's basically a portrait of how Trump's critics see him: as a selfish, self centered, ambitious, incompetent, whose bumbling ends in near apocalyptic disaster. The character also reaches high office (in a sense). Some people don't see it, I guess, but it looks pretty blatant to me. Especially knowing how Hollywood thinks. He wasn't all bad though, he loved his son.
SPOILER-ALERT

Trump inherited allot of money and grew up with privilege, while the villain, Maxwell Lord is a rags to riches story and more likely a story of a charismatic Latin American politician which grew up in deep poverty but, through his charm and wit, eventually ended up being a respected leader. His accent sounds more like Spanish than English. I tried to fit Trump into that, but apart from the hairstyle, it didn't resonate that way. His son for one isn't white. Can you imagine Trump with a non-white son? He reaches high offices because of his son wasted a wish on him. Technically, anyone can reach high office in the movie if that was their wish which is why the movie is logically absurd.

Technically a staff member in his office wished him (he tricked him) to see the president. The whole narritive is based on whim wishes out of nowhere which is why people hate this movie.

Last edited:

christie

Banned
Reaction score

I hope this isn't too spoilerish, but her character was the original wearer of the golden armor.
Oh yeah! A few genuine lol negs!

In this last episode I watched, Diana the mortal military yeoman who is his tightbun, military suit,no makeup and glasses secretary decides to enter the military base's Miss G.I.Dreamgirl of 1942 beauty contest to raise the soldier's morale and as part of their strategy to keep an eye on that episode's villain.

At one point she's dressed hot in a henna-red wig, makeup and heels with a bosum revealing cute dress with cherries on it and she's in his office with the ditzy military woman character and he says, "Diana, its funny but seeing you in that dress makes me think you look like somebody" *audience holds breath and hopes he doesn't recognise her as the more beautiful WW* "Joan Crawford" he says. *she gets all flattered*

"Around the ankles" and he points at her feet.

"Thanks." She says dryly as the two women roll their eyes at each other and camera pans to him grinning as they go out the door.

Too funny!

Earlier, same episode, when she's WW, he's holding her golden lasso around two hitmen while she goes to right his vehicle by pushing it back onto the road and you can see the hitmen looking in amazement while Major Steve is just grinning, watching WW and he says "I wonder if she can cook too?"
That's a good one that's been used on me after I completed some good job or piece of welding or whatever. :)

Last edited: