Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone watch WW84?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Surprised there is no thread on here about that. In Canada, it costs $ 29.99 plus tax (except for youtube) to watch this. In America, it's part of the HBO subscription. I have a subscription to Crave, up in Canada, which is supposed to include HBO/HBO Max, but as it's not WB owned, they have not released it on our platform (as the same with other countries that have HBO-like platforms but not HBO-Max which is exclusively American).

I've never felt so conflicted about a movie. I've spent $29.99 to rent it, and the youtube rental policy gives me a week to make up my mind before refunding that money back if I don't open the movie. When I first rented it back last week Friday/Saturday, it was allot of hype about it and for my own religious/moral standards, decided to rent this rather than try some roundaboutway to pirate or make a fake subscription to HBO-Max on Canadian soil. The movie has no swearing, no sexuality, or no issues in it that would make it necessarily wrong for a Christian to look at, and I've looked at other Christian movie reviews that suggest that it's okay to watch this movie on it's morality-content aspect. Obviously this is not a Christian movie, but I'm thinking this could be some good clean fun to watch this and that justifies the $29.99 cost to watch it. I also feel that I'm visiting a cinema without visiting a cinema by going PVOD because of how recent the movie was released rather than the typical 3-4 months stale feeling.

However, this movie is SEVERELY being panned by audiences and critics, lots of people are complaining about the quality of the movie, and I've never seen such a tear-down by so many people. The positive reviews are far and few in-between. It's mainly the morality-content aspect that's appealing with me not to just cancel this out and wait a few months later for a lower price/free-coupon rental and fact I visited the cinema for the first Wonder Woman movie.

Anyone else has seen this? What do they think?

Last edited:

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They need to shorten it by an hour and lose all the SJW/Biden-chicom/soyboy messages in it to remain relevant to the original. Axe the wannabe Shooter McGavin bad guy plot earlier to keep the movie from being drawn out.

Billtx49

Reaction score
As I see it, the further the movie/story progresses it keeps stretching the limits of believability to the point that it gets into pure fantasy. They’ve got a story that goes from basic fantasy to unbelievable fantasy IMO…

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They need to shorten it by an hour and lose all the SJW/Biden-chicom/soyboy messages in it to remain relevant to the original. Axe the wannabe Shooter McGavin bad guy plot earlier to keep the movie from being drawn out.
That would be a divisive issue because people are going to have different opinions to it. I don't mind watching movies that are deliberately divisive, and I've looked at movies like Glass (2019), Terminator: Dark Fate (2019), and even Unplanned (2019) (Unplanned was a movie AGAINST abortion and people were protesting infrount of the cinema).

If anything, it tells me the ratings are artificially lower than they should be because people may not agree with the political message about the movie, rather than be making an aesthetic judgment about the movie itself.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As I see it, the further the movie/story progresses it keeps stretching the limits of believability to the point that it gets into pure fantasy. They’ve got a story that goes from basic fantasy to unbelievable fantasy IMO…
Did you view this in the cinema or on a small screen? Do you think it is something that would only work on a larger screen?

I'm thinking on this vein, it's retro-80s like Stranger Things, I'm going to like Wonder Woman, it's going to be a bright and cheery type of movie to cap off the holiday season and new year and I'm going to feel great watching this now verses 3-4 months later when its outside of the holiday season and is just another stale movie out of a zillion movies that I won't care about.

Would this be a different feeling movie outside of a holiday season if it has a Christmas setting?

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mixed reviews should be fun watching it streaming.Part three already set to come out

Billtx49

Reaction score
Did you view this in the cinema or on a small screen? Do you think it is something that would only work on a larger screen?

I'm thinking on this vein, it's retro-80s like Stranger Things, I'm going to like Wonder Woman, it's going to be a bright and cheery type of movie to cap off the holiday season and new year and I'm going to feel great watching this now verses 3-4 months later when its outside of the holiday season and is just another stale movie out of a zillion movies that I won't care about.

Would this be a different feeling movie outside of a holiday season if it has a Christmas setting?
Big screen, smaller screen doesn’t matter. Any good storyteller should know the story has to be within the realm of being at least somewhat believable. This movie producer exceeded that limit. Sequels are only successful when the don’t take it too far over the top.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw it recently, I have HBO. There are quite a few things on HBO Max that I'd like to watch, I just don't have the time.

I liked the movie fine. It wasn't great by any means, but I liked it. It's kind of a typical superhero movie, if you like that genre it's pretty decent. I don't understand why it's received all the hate, to be honest with you. I liked it just as much or more than the first one. Gal Gadot is awesome, and I like Kristen Wiig. The action scenes look pretty odd the way she looks like she's gliding around instead of actually running or moving in the physical world, but whatever. I wonder what the future of the blockbuster type move is, what with Covid and all.

The part I found unbelievable was the ending, just the idea that everyone in the world would be good enough to give up what they wanted, I just don't buy it. But Gal Gadot is great, it's hard to dislike the movie with her in it. I won't address the obvious political messages, I was forewarned, and I chose to ignore it.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw it recently, I have HBO. There are quite a few things on HBO Max that I'd like to watch, I just don't have the time.

I liked the movie fine. It wasn't great by any means, but I liked it. It's kind of a typical superhero movie, if you like that genre it's pretty decent. I don't understand why it's received all the hate, to be honest with you. I liked it just as much or more than the first one. Gal Gadot is awesome, and I like Kristen Wiig. The action scenes look pretty odd the way she looks like she's gliding around instead of actually running or moving in the physical world, but whatever. I wonder what the future of the blockbuster type move is, what with Covid and all.

The part I found unbelievable was the ending, just the idea that everyone in the world would be good enough to give up what they wanted, I just don't buy it. But Gal Gadot is great, it's hard to dislike the movie with her in it. I won't address the obvious political messages, I was forewarned, and I chose to ignore it.
If you lived in another country where this was released and you didn't have HBO Max, would you pay $ 30 to watch this based on what you saw or would you wait until 4 months later when the prices for VOD come down?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you lived in another country where this was released and you didn't have HBO Max, would you pay $ 30 to watch this based on what you saw or would you wait until 4 months later when the prices for VOD come down?
I wouldn't pay $30 to watch anything. I would first go to a theater and watch it for less. Even before Covid, there were only certain movies I would go watch. Since I have a decent cable package, usually I wait for movies to come on HBO, Netflix, or some other platform that I have access to. Seems like a waste of paying for cable to do otherwise.

In any case, I doubt that this would be a movie I would go see at the theater. I would wait for it to show up on cable. Or at the very least, wait for it to become available to rent at a lower, more reasonable price. But you know, we all choose what to spend our money on. If this is what you want to splurge on, have at it. I buy some stupid things myself.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't pay $30 to watch anything. I would first go to a theater and watch it for less. Even before Covid, there were only certain movies I would go watch. Since I have a decent cable package, usually I wait for movies to come on HBO, Netflix, or some other platform that I have access to. Seems like a waste of paying for cable to do otherwise.

In any case, I doubt that this would be a movie I would go see at the theater. I would wait for it to show up on cable. Or at the very least, wait for it to become available to rent at a lower, more reasonable price. But you know, we all choose what to spend our money on. If this is what you want to splurge on, have at it. I buy some stupid things myself.
Did you see the first WW in the theatre? Is there anything special about this movie being viewed at the end of a pandemic year? Is there any inspiring message on it?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you see the first WW in the theatre? Is there anything special about this movie being viewed at the end of a pandemic year? Is there any inspiring message on it?
I saw it on HBO Max. I get HBO and HBO Max with my cable package.

Now as for a message:
I gather you haven't seen it, so I don't want to give too much away. But the ending reminded me a little of The Dark Knight, where the Joker wants the people on the boats to destroy each other. But they don't do it, and that disappoints him. Turns out the people of Gotham City weren't as chaotic and violent as he has. I thought there were some parallels to that here, there was a message that there was some inherent goodness in people. I thought the way this was presented was something of a stretch, however, I thought it defied credibility.

There was also a general message about self sacrifice for the greater good. And there were some political BS shoehorned into it that amounted to little more than "Orange Man Bad", IMO.

Sandy8992

Reaction score
I want to go and watch it but movies aren't fun without friends. Maintaining social distance is weird in theatres. Feels like watching a movie alone.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I saw it just because Gal Gadot is in it. She's gorgeous.
Is she worth $30? Is she really that hot? Maybe I will open and watch this under the sheets of my bed. But she is probably better on the wall in full glorious widescreen. It always boils down to basic instinct as sex always sells.

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is she worth $30?
I've seen videos of even female celebrities talk about how glamorous she is. How she can be talking about even the most mundane things and the way she talks is so smooth and with her accident everything sounds sophisticated and graceful. She has a very special quality that good beyond merely beauty and sex appeal. That's a rare quality. Kind of like an Audrey Hepburn.

Still wouldn't pay $30 to watch her in a movie.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to go and watch it but movies aren't fun without friends. Maintaining social distance is weird in theatres. Feels like watching a movie alone.
I watch all movies alone. There are enough videos on youtube about movies if anyone really needs emotional support. I rather watch an intelligent reviewer on video than watch a movie with someone who is dull. You have watch along parties on video and spoiler reviews. I plan to watch wonder woman with an archived watch along party to mimic company if I like it and want to rewatch in the rental window.

crosscheck1331

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is she worth $30? Is she really that hot? Maybe I will open and watch this under the sheets of my bed. But she is probably better on the wall in full glorious widescreen. It always boils down to basic instinct as sex always sells.
Normally I'd say no brother, but Gal is my favorite Hollywood mega-babe. There's lots of actresses that are hot but it's different with Gal and it goes beyond just looks. Zekko explained it very well. It's how she moves, talks, she has a special grace and charm which makes sense as she is a former Miss Israel after all. She's not your average run of the mill hot girl.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I watch all movies alone.
I've rarely gone to the theater alone. The only time in recent memory that I saw a movie alone was Avengers Age of Ultron back in 2015. I went to an early showing (I always go to matinees, they're cheaper lol), and I have to say I enjoyed going by myself so much that I said I was going to have to do that more often, but I never did. Oh well. I like the popcorn, but it isn't exactly health food.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Normally I'd say no brother, but Gal is my favorite Hollywood mega-babe. There's lots of actresses that are hot but it's different with Gal and it goes beyond just looks. Zekko explained it very well. It's how she moves, talks, she has a special grace and charm which makes sense as she is a former Miss Israel after all. She's not your average run of the mill hot girl.
Okay, Natalie Portman is also in the same league though? She was more prominent in the 00s but she did star in a movie Jackie, portraying Jackie Kennedy back in 2016.