Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone watch David Benevidez vs Caleb Plant? (Boxing)

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
I was rooting for Caleb, knowing that Benevidez is a beast and that Caleb is a big underdog in the fight.. But holy sht, that was a crazy fight. No idea what happened to Plant but I think after he got headbutt in one of the rounds, it kinda changed the pace of the fight. Regardless it was a str8 dogfight.

I can't wait to see Benevidez fight Canelo and be humbled though. That's a fight I'd pay big money to see. I feel like it's bound to happen but Canelo has alot of options on who he can fight next.

Also I feel bad for the Valenzuela kid who got robbed vs Chris Colbert. Another crazy fight but a PURE Robbery. I don't think corruption will ever leave the boxing industry.. something def was up.. But boxing is one of the biggest betting sports so what can we expect..

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I watched it just now after reading your post. My first thought about Caleb was that he had better hold his hands up better or he was going to take a beating...which is then exactly what happened. He has amazing reflexes, an iron chin, and is tough as hell, but his unorthodox technique will only get him so far.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
I watched it just now after reading your post. My first thought about Caleb was that he had better hold his hands up better or he was going to take a beating...which is then exactly what happened. He has amazing reflexes, an iron chin, and is tough as hell, but his unorthodox technique will only get him so far.
He's a great boxer but he was in there vs a guy who ~90% of his fights ended in a KO. Benavidez has a staggering 23 KO's in a now 27 fight career. In some ways the small victory Caleb Plant can celebrate was going to a decision with the guy and not getting KO'd..

Caleb stopped punching from any unique angles after a certain point. His foot work wasn't impressive either. I think the consistent and accurate barrage of jabs/strikes from Benavidez had him flustered..

The sad part was the first 4-5 rounds Caleb plant was doing great.. He was really hard to hit, which was frustrating Benavidez. The only problem is he wasn't landing any incredible power punches.. Kinda hard to when you're constantly moving back.. Benavidez being the aggressor and constantly moving forward really helped put the pressure on Plant. Gave him no room to breath

ManFromTartarus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great to see some fellow fight fans here, as corrupt as it is it's still my fav.

Yea Plant put up a decent showing against a beast that sure looks hard to hurt or slow down, showed tons of heart in the later rounds when his lead dissolved under Benevidez constant pressure. Entertaining bout.

As for the Valenzuela decision loss, bitter pill to swallow, Colbert did squeak out a few rounds later in the fight but with the KD and being in trouble/hurt in several rounds, one of the worst decisions I've seen lately. He didn't do himself any favors though by letting off the gas towards the end when he should have pressed for a stoppage and not let it be in the hands of the judges.

Colbert showed no class in acting a biatch afterwards, talking about being open to a rematch, and now backing out. ........ that's the fight game.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
Great to see some fellow fight fans here, as corrupt as it is it's still my fav.

Yea Plant put up a decent showing against a beast that sure looks hard to hurt or slow down, showed tons of heart in the later rounds when his lead dissolved under Benevidez constant pressure. Entertaining bout.

As for the Valenzuela decision loss, bitter pill to swallow, Colbert did squeak out a few rounds later in the fight but with the KD and being in trouble/hurt in several rounds, one of the worst decisions I've seen lately. He didn't do himself any favors though by letting off the gas towards the end when he should have pressed for a stoppage and not let it be in the hands of the judges.

Colbert showed no class in acting a biatch afterwards, talking about being open to a rematch, and now backing out. ........ that's the fight game.
You know shts serious when even Jim Gray whos supposed to be extremely impartial even said "to answer your question (To Valenzuela), It was a terrible decision"