Anyone want a great stock tip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Julius_Seizeher said:
And Goocho, you can bring a whole truckload of finance jargon to this thread and it will never change the fact that no one has ever beaten the market. No one has ever removed the element of risk from investing, despite their attempts. So accept the fact that average Joes make money flipping stocks every day and you are NOT some kind of omnipotent god of Wall Street. You are a wanker.
I am not trying to be technical. But there is no other way of explaining it.

People do beat the market consistently, Condorcondor may and do it consistently for years, but I am highly suspect and some here have taken the same punts, which they should be very wary of.

What do you mean flipping? As in, in and out in a day? Flipping generally means showing a large bid in the market depth and then selling at market (aka Paul Rotter, also known as 'the flipper'). This is intraday flipping, which I also traded hundreds of times a day doing as a local, so I understand the mechanisms required to do this style of trading and what bites you. That being said, this kind of strategy, trading in and out of pennys each day, with their wider spread and thin liquidity, makes the market MUCH harder to 'beat' (depending on your definition of that). Unfortunately, average Joe high frequency trader extremelly rarely makes money in the long-term. There have been numerous studies of this with broker statements. Average joe buy and hold or long-term trend follower, is much more likely to make money.

Just the facts.

Amazing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gaucho said:
I am not trying to be technical. But there is no other way of explaining it.

People do beat the market consistently, Condorcondor may and do it consistently for years, but I am highly suspect and some here have taken the same punts, which they should be very wary of.

What do you mean flipping? As in, in and out in a day? Flipping generally means showing a large bid in the market depth and then selling at market (aka Paul Rotter, also known as 'the flipper'). This is intraday flipping, which I also traded hundreds of times a day doing as a local, so I understand the mechanisms required to do this style of trading and what bites you. That being said, this kind of strategy, trading in and out of pennys each day, with their wider spread and thin liquidity, makes the market MUCH harder to 'beat' (depending on your definition of that). Unfortunately, average Joe high frequency trader extremelly rarely makes money in the long-term. There have been numerous studies of this with broker statements. Average joe buy and hold or long-term trend follower, is much more likely to make money.

Just the facts.

I love reading this guy's posts. It's like he goes to invesopedia and looks up every term we use, then tried to use it against us, only he has no idea what to say.

flipping pennies, dare I say, is actually how most people make money in pennies. In fact, you probably lose A LOT less if you just sold everytime you made 20-40% and flipped it.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Amazing said:
I love reading this guy's posts. It's like he goes to invesopedia and looks up every term we use, then tried to use it against us, only he has no idea what to say.
I was being 'too technical', now I'm looking these terms up but don't know how to use them? Ok.

Let's face it, you only piped up when I critisized your beloved "golden MACD cross".

Everything I stated is true. Even the fact that pennies are correlated to the broader index, which was apparently laughable are all true. Now I see why people use salesmen stockbrokers when these are the type of 'tips' they get from 26 year old newb kids who believe pennys are negatively correlated to an index and then go giving advice like they actually know what their talking about. :crackup:

Nobody has stated how to use an option, despite extensive experience.

Nobody knows what a price ladder is, how to work an order or how these things affect short-term trading to a huge degree.

Yet, punting on some news and using 'textbook technical indicators' are apparently the way to bring in the $$$. :woo:

Condorcondor, I wish you all the best with what you do. Everybody else, just make sure you do your own due dilligence. I kno how some people get sucked in by a decent tip or two. If you work hard for your money, work hard to make it work for you.

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
That was almost poetic. lol

Gaucho, you are trying to bring a bunch of technical analysis to an arena that doesn't need it....penny stocks. It's all about the momo. NOTHING else really matters except in the rarest of cases, like with MMRF, where real DD into the company and what it does will show you what an opportunity it is.

As for AMNG...here is some analysis. It's going up, and going up a lot. :)

Golden Cross doesn't hurt either. :)
AMNG just dropped 20%. Can you also reply to your inbox?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gucchi: Since you're such a big shot trader, why don't you take 20min of your time and make a prediction on some stocks. As proof of your abilities and knowledge.

Cordoncordon has, which is why people listen to him.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Axcell said:
AMNG just dropped 20%. Can you also reply to your inbox?
Sorry first time I have checked in here all day. Yeah that drop was funny. On only 150 k shares or so. Added 300 k today and am hearing it is now Monday when things will get going.

Good luck to all! Even Gaucho!

MMRF doing well!

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BTW...I would invite everyone to read this man's articles on the market. He is by far, bar none, I mean its not even close, the best predictor of the markets I have every seen. He called almost to the day 2 years ago the markets collapse, and then 2 winters ago, when then market was on the verge of collapse, he called the coming turnaround and bullmarket almost to the DAY again. When everyone was saying the bounce was just a bear market bounce, he said nope, its a full on bull market. The man is unbelievable and I hesitate to give this man's secrets out, because he is that good. And btw he predicts Dow 15,000 very soon. Not because of anything great in the economy, but thats because where the powers that be want it. Anyway, enjoy!

Even you Gaucho and Iqqi. :)

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/UserInfo-Nadeem_Walayat.html

Amazing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
Sorry first time I have checked in here all day. Yeah that drop was funny. On only 150 k shares or so. Added 300 k today and am hearing it is now Monday when things will get going.

Good luck to all! Even Gaucho!

MMRF doing well!

You were 1/3 of the volume today?! Wouldn't you push the stock price up A LOT more if that was the case?

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Amazing said:
You were 1/3 of the volume today?! Wouldn't you push the stock price up A LOT more if that was the case?
Bought at bid until near eod when I bought a few at the ask.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This was a puke day in Pennyland.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:

Amazing said:
Cordoncordon said:
Bought at bid until near eod when I bought a few at the ask.
Show me the trade execution statement showing you bought 300,000 shares.

Forget about your previous transactions, based on that transaction ALONE, your holdings exceed the average DAILY volume on this stock.

So this begs the question, how the hell are you going to get out? Of course you need suckers to come in and provide you with the liquidity.

This is why penny stocks are so BS.

Amazing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trader said:
Show me the trade execution statement showing you bought 300,000 shares.

Forget about your previous transactions, based on that transaction ALONE, your holdings exceed the average DAILY volume on this stock.

So this begs the question, how the hell are you going to get out? Of course you need suckers to come in and provide you with the liquidity.

This is why penny stocks are so BS.

He buys before stock starts trading aggressively- why do you think he pumps it all over? question is, how hard is it gonna go down when he sells. he says he sells at the ask, hope thats the case but i call bs, to get out with such a large position u'll be bidwacking to save your a$$

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Amazing said:
He buys before stock starts trading aggressively- why do you think he pumps it all over? question is, how hard is it gonna go down when he sells. he says he sells at the ask, hope thats the case but i call bs, to get out with such a large position u'll be bidwacking to save your a$$
I really dont call 500,000 shares that large of a position. I should have no problem getting out the next 2-3 days.

Amazing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
I really dont call 500,000 shares that large of a position. I should have no problem getting out the next 2-3 days.

So, run last Friday, today, never? Stock sure is not looking like any buyers coming

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Amazing said:
So, run last Friday, today, never? Stock sure is not looking like any buyers coming
Have no idea what is going on.

Meanwhile everyone's favorite stock to bash, MMRF, just hit .20, or up 100% since I gave it out last month. :)

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MMRF is a great one to be long on, IT'S A WINNAH!

Amazing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
Have no idea what is going on.

Meanwhile everyone's favorite stock to bash, MMRF, just hit .20, or up 100% since I gave it out last month. :)

May be you just sold your shares and it went down 14% lol. MMRF seems like the real deal. I might even buy

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hows this for a tip, not just on a stock, but for the entire market:

Down she goes! Any move higher from here will be a lower high!

Status
Not open for further replies.