Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone speak Chinese?

PoloBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
most of the Chinese in Chinatown speak Cantonese

the majority of the Chinese restaurants are also Cantonese speaking

even though Mandarin is the most common language in China, I mostly run into people that speak Cantonese

most people in chinatown, San Francisco, speak Cantonese, I saw some Mandarin speaking people trying to order a meal in chinatown and they had to write it down on paper for the waitress to understand.

probably because the majority of immigrants came through Hong Kong? since it is more difficult for mainlanders to immigrate?

most of the Chinese in Singapore and the Philippines and Vietnam also speak Cantonese.

lYlasTer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am tri-lingual. English, Cantonese, and Vietnamese. Currently I am taking Mandarin at my university. It's a little easier for me than most because I already speak Cantonese, the languages are very familiar. But I have to say that Mandarin is one of the hardest languages to learn. I say you need 3 years of classes and should live in China for a while before you master the language. I gotta say though that the reward is worth it. Familiarize yourself with the language through their music and movies.

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cantonese is a no-go. THe Chinese are a stereotypical bunch, and the cantonese minority is looked down upon by the mandarin majority. Similarly, Mandarin is the sole dialect for commercial purposes.

Writing - unnecessary. In terms of published material, the UK and US are far superior. THe only reason to learn to read/write is to catch up on old classics.

Overall, I still think the English language will prevail. It is esteemed, popular, and universal. Even though China is bound to be the boomtown of the future, the best will still lie in west.

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lay ho ma

Dee u lay