Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone live a minimalist/low consumption life style?

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone explored minimalism?
I’d like to become a minimalist for two reasons:

1. to become a power saver, the idea of having a lot of money saved makes me feel comfortable. Boss acting like a d*ck? You don’t have to put up with that when you have 80 grand in the bank, because even if it takes 6 months to find a job you’ll be fine.

2. The simplicity of it all. I have so much stuff and most of it is just sitting there. It was a waste of money I didn’t truly need it I just bought it because I could.

Anyone got any tips?

Last edited:

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There really is a freedom to having a minimalist lifestyle, but it does come with a price.

In our consumerist society, we are (through commercials, peers, women etc...) led to believe that the way to happiness (or diversion of a problem) is to buy a new product. Once the 'flavor' has gone, what do we do? Well, buy something else of course. In my opinion, this isn't a good cycle.

True freedom is no longer being hostage to these hand-me-down teachings. To give an example; I drive a 1994 model Nissan. Your first thought might be, "but it's old" ... "women will not be impressed" etc...
Can I afford another car? Yes. Then why not, you may be thinking. Well, this car is practically indestructible. The car repairs are few (and less costly than the expense of a newer car). On the highway, I still get 40 mpg. When I take a gal out, they may not be 'impressed' by my automobile, but if they are out with me, I am confident that my car didn't win them over. Instead, they were impressed by me and that I won them over.

The"price" I mentioned above? Some people just don't 'get it.' They will look at you as some eccentric or an outsider. Personally, I'm just as confused by their conformity as they are toward my unconventional lifestyle.

Am I immune from getting 'cravings' for shiny new things? No. I've been tainted like everyone else. The difference is... that I look for satisfaction and happiness elsewhere.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women and minimalism stand in the opposite way of the spectrum.

Women by nature go against minimalis, unless you plan to live like a monk or a soft mgtow it will be really hard to follow such lifestyle.

Forget about it if you plan a long term or marriage.

Women like to spend money, they buy things by impulse and not need only to drop them right after and crave something else they just saw on tv, wheter its furniture or useless objects be ready to deal with them anytime you deal with women.

I am a minimalist, any object or tool in my house has a purpose and there is nothing there just cause "its cute" or "it matches the curtain".

The sofa is to sit, the tv is to watch, the pc is to use and the desk is to write thats all....no fancy teapots or stylish ornament that only collects dust...anytime I had a woman coming slowly but surely useless stuff begun to appear.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Women and minimalism stand in the opposite way of the spectrum.

Women by nature go against minimalis, unless you plan to live like a monk or a soft mgtow it will be really hard to follow such lifestyle.

Forget about it if you plan a long term or marriage.

Women like to spend money, they buy things by impulse and not need only to drop them right after and crave something else they just saw on tv, wheter its furniture or useless objects be ready to deal with them anytime you deal with women.

I am a minimalist, any object or tool in my house has a purpose and there is nothing there just cause "its cute" or "it matches the curtain".

The sofa is to sit, the tv is to watch, the pc is to use and the desk is to write thats all....no fancy teapots or stylish ornament that only collects dust...anytime I had a woman coming slowly but surely useless stuff begun to appear.
This. The current one I am seeing spends her $$$ a good amount, but she's also a six figga ***** :"P I do not spend my money like she does, and she's getting more under control. She spends a good amount on me; which I also do not like very much either. It's certainly strange as I am pretty minimalistic nowadays. Though, in the past, I did like a lot of name brand sh!t. As you grow, you change I guess.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I do.

Look up Mr. Money Mustache. Also
His ex-wife ass raped him financially. He's not as financially secure as he was before the divorce. Funny how that works.... Fine for years prior to marriage, then the turbulence begins a few years after marriage. Things that make you go hmmm............

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Keep it clean and minimal. Quality over quantity. I think have a top notch vehicle is a luxury I will endure for. I love cars and would rather be driving in an amg benz then a beater car.

Instead of owning 6 watches from seiko, citizen, g shock, swatch, bulova etc id rather buy 1 rolex/breitling etc.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep it clean and minimal. Quality over quantity. I think have a top notch vehicle is a luxury I will endure for. I love cars and would rather be driving in an amg benz then a beater car.

Instead of owning 6 watches from seiko, citizen, g shock, swatch, bulova etc id rather buy 1 rolex/breitling etc.
Yes that’s the point of minimalism, it’s to not waste money to have money for things you truly enjoy. I wouldn’t drive around in a beater car either. Some people couldn’t care less about cars as long as they drive and are reliable. Those people may get a cheaper car and use minimalism to take 2 week vacations in Europe twice a year.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Yes that’s the point of minimalism, it’s to not waste money to have money for things you truly enjoy. I wouldn’t drive around in a beater car either. Some people couldn’t care less about cars as long as they drive and are reliable. Those people may get a cheaper car and use minimalism to take 2 week vacations in Europe twice a year.
Never understood the need or desire for far away vacations. They are very expensive and a waste of productivity. It could be me, but I am not a vacation person and I do not care for them very much.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never understood the need or desire for far away vacations. They are very expensive and a waste of productivity. It could be me, but I am not a vacation person and I do not care for them very much.
Because in the Dominican Republic you can have a threesome with 2 dime gorgeous long haired, juicy booty Latina women for 75$ USA and stick it in any hole you want.

In Germany if you are a handsome black guy you’ll be beating them off with a stick.

In just about any Asian country you’ll kill it just because your white. Dating a white guy is some weird Asian badge of honor.

Fiji has some of the worlds most beautiful beaches and the nicest people on earth.

If you go to Manila I’m the Philippines you can live like a king for $100.00 a day, according to my Coworker who’s from there. The USA is great but different countries have different things to offer ..

If you made 80k every year, yet lived off 30k and and had 50k in savings at the end of every the year what would you treat yourself to, Rick?

Last edited:

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Because in the Dominican Republic you can have a threesome with 2 dime gorgeous long haired, juicy booty Latina women for 75$ USA and stick it in any hole you want.

In Germany if you are a handsome black guy you’ll be beating them off with a stick.

In just about any Asian country you’ll kill it just because your white. Dating a white guy is some weird Asian badge of honor.

Fiji has some of the worlds most beautiful beaches and the nicest people on earth.

If you go to Manila I’m the Philippines you can live like a king for $100.00 a day, according to my Coworker who’s from there. The USA is great but different countries have different things to offer ..

If you made 80k every year, yet lived off 30k and and had 50k in savings at the end of every the year what would you treat yourself to, Rick?
Investing in my side business, real estate or put more in my 403b. I do not like to fly, but driving, using rail and boats are fine. The latin countries, are rife with STDs out of control. So, no, I wouldn't opt for that; even though it would be nice. In my late 30's and the STD pandemic, I'm good. One STD in my lifetime is enough for me.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Investing in my side business, real estate or put more in my 403b. I do not like to fly, but driving, using rail and boats are fine. The latin countries, are rife with STDs out of control. So, no, I wouldn't opt for that; even though it would be nice. In my late 30's and the STD pandemic, I'm good. One STD in my lifetime is enough for me.
If you make 80k and live off 30k and have it in some type of investment account that could turn $750,000 to a million over 15 years why not semi retire mid 40s? You could get some easy ass part time stress free job, just for pocket change and enjoy your time and be very comfortable the next 40 years.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
If you make 80k and live off 30k and have it in some type of investment account that could turn $750,000 to a million over 15 years why not semi retire mid 40s? You could get some easy ass part time stress free job, just for pocket change and enjoy your time and be very comfortable the next 40 years.
Possible, but inflation will erode those earnings over time. Living abroad, you still have a US tax burden worldwide. Plus, as a gov't employee, I like my pension and more importantly, medical insurance. Just too risky these days. 80k earnings, nowadays, would net around 54k after taxes and FICA.

Not as easy as one may think.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Possible, but inflation will erode those earnings over time. Living abroad, you still have a US tax burden worldwide. Plus, as a gov't employee, I like my pension and more importantly, medical insurance. Just too risky these days. 80k earnings, nowadays, would net around 54k after taxes and FICA.

Not as easy as one may think.
No problem Rick, to each their own.

thinker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@cola I use to spend tons of money on crap, one day I realized that most of it I would buy and barely ever use. Today I only buy things that I will actually use. The things I buy are purpose driven, I like hunting and fishing so I buy guns , ammo , rods, reels and other things I need for that. I don't go overboard either, some guys that hunt will buy 6 hunting rifles I own 1 and am now buying one more that will be my last hunting rifle purchase for at least the next 15 years. I put my money more into securing my financial stability and future as well as into experiences such as travel. Even the things I spend money on I don't just throw money at them, I shop around for months to get the best price possible and put an emphasis on quality and bang for my bucks. I wanted to go on safari to Africa and the cheapest I could find was about 20,000 US after all fees and safari related costs, this did not include the airfare to Africa. Researched and worked on getting the price down, it took me 2.5 years but I was able to get it down to 5,000.00 all in plus a 800.00 dollar round trip, had one of the best times in my life. As you get older you realize that in the end you won't care or remember all the stupid crap you bought but you will remember and love all the great experiences and people in your life.

Speculator E

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone explored minimalism?
I’d like to become a minimalist for two reasons:

1. to become a power saver, the idea of having a lot of money saved makes me feel comfortable. Boss acting like a d*ck? You don’t have to put up with that when you have 80 grand in the bank, because even if it takes 6 months to find a job you’ll be fine.
2. The simplicity of it all. I have so much stuff and most of it is just sitting there. It was a waste of money I didn’t truly need it I just bought it because I could.

Anyone got any tips?
It sounds like may have a stressful job that does not fulfill yourself but instead sucks your soul?
Most high paying jobs are like that and the stress makes you want to consume things so you buy and buy.
I agree that becoming minimalist is a good thing.
But I think you should look at the root cause of the issue...which is your job?

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Def something you need to ease into.

It's kind of like doing pushups. If you start off too strong, you'll pop a tendon.

No reason to spend money on sh*t that only exists as a fond memory.

But living within your means is definitely something few people are capable of doing.

Think of the delta (production - consumption) as something that will grow with time and experience.

As far as beating inflation, saving up cash or assets, that's part of the fun. It's also why the rich are rich and the poor are poor.

Boss acting like a d*ck? You don’t have to put up with that when you have 80 grand in the bank, because even if it takes 6 months to find a job you’ll be fine.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live as "college poverty plus". This means I live in a very cheap location (far from a university though, LOL), drive a beater worth about $500 wholesale LOL, generally only spend what I need to, but don't deny myself of needed dental care, etc. Oh, and I get ACA Medicaid. :cool: I try to do everything I can myself like working on my car or house, although not if I have to get under the car or on top of my roof. I even tune my piano myself. I have a rusted trailer hitch that instead of paying $40 for a new one I simply de-rusted it with WD-40 & a wire brush, followed by painting. I get my eyeglasses for about $45 per pair net. Rather than pay a tree-trimmer, I got a telescoping chain saw and did it myself. Rather than pay a carpenter to replace rotted soffit & fascia, I used my Dremel Ultra Saw and did it myself. I torrent to get my movies & music.

The plus part is that I drink microbrew, eat New York Strip steak (from the grocer, that I cook myself), go skiing for a few months a year (at a very low cost area, and if doing so in the USA or Western Europe, would do it by getting a cheap season pass, and renting a regular apartment), and spend most of the year abroad (again, living in a regular apartment) in a low-cost, high female-value area :cool:. I also have a few hobbies, but they don't cost more than about $500 per year.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

That fancy car is probably costing you about $1K/month over what a beater would cost.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
That fancy car is probably costing you about $1K/month over what a beater would cost.
Could buy used / pre-owed. The Rolex would keep it's value though. I drive my cars into the ground, but buy them new or a year or two out. They seem to last okay for around 12 - 14 years. Assuming we're not flying like the Jetsons in a few years, prob. buy another one then. The last three cars I bought were on eBay from dealerships with dealership warranties. I' saved a nice amount on each.