Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone here into Karaoke parties?

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So I’m still here in The Philippines. It’s currently midnight and I was invited by a friend to his daughter’s graduation party.

He had a karaoke machine. Let’s see, I ended up singing the following songs - Brown Eyed girl by Van Morrison, Just another tequila sunrise by The Eagles and Superman by Five for fighting.

You can say I had a mellow line up lol.

Well anyways, I find that having a karaoke machine are great for get togethers. If you’re an introvert like me, you don’t even have to sing. You can just listen along for the music. If you’re a crappy singer, even better for amusement and fun lol.

The only thing that can effect your singing though, might be the alcohol…where you end up slurring your words and melodies that affect the quality of your performance.

Karaoke parties are indeed just a good excuse to lighten up and have fun.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My father loved Karaoke in the past, and he sung allot of Philippine songs (although he is Italian and can't understand the language). I was so-so with it and liked to sing some English songs (as you are doing there). We entered into a competition once. The worst song for Karaoke is "Englishman in New York" by Sting. While it had a catchy tune, the lyrics at the end and repetition ruined everything, it's like the song doesn't end when its supposed to and gets strained badly and ruins the effect.

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My father loved Karaoke in the past, and he sung allot of Philippine songs (although he is Italian and can't understand the language). I was so-so with it and liked to sing some English songs (as you are doing there). We entered into a competition once. The worst song for Karaoke is "Englishman in New York" by Sting. While it had a catchy tune, the lyrics at the end and repetition ruined everything, it's like the song doesn't end when its supposed to and gets strained badly and ruins the effect.
Just heard the song on YouTube right now and he was saying ' Just be yourself, no matter what they say'.

I thought it had a meaningful ending and it was alright.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just heard the song on YouTube right now and he was saying ' Just be yourself, no matter what they say'.

I thought it had a meaningful ending and it was alright.
I didn't say there was anything wrong with it the way it's delivered in that youtube music video/lyrics. That is probably why I selected that song. However, delivering that in a Karaoke is a different story altogether as it's after a catchy tune and if you expended most of your energy in the main song it sort of a bit straining to continue singing that and keep up with the energy earlier in the song. It's all in the delivery of it and I think especially with those lines, you have to really do it solidly. Sting is going to deliver those lines well, but what I'm saying is a nice catchy tune like that may not translate to a great karaoke choice.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, most of us aren't in the Phillipines lol. In most countries, karaoke is not the national pastime lol.

If you're in National City outside of San Diego, I say go for it though.