Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone here getting shorter with age?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember reading about how folks, after their initial growth into adulthood, get shorter as gravity takes its toll on the skeleton (mainly the stuff between the vertebrae).

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember reading about how folks, after their initial growth into adulthood, get shorter as gravity takes its toll on the skeleton (mainly the stuff between the vertebrae).
Yes I’ve noticed this

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi MDJ,
All part of the aging process...I have dropped more than an inch over the Years...And Back in The Game is right...Years ago a mate was rejected from joining the Police as he was 1/2inch short,they
told him to hang from bars and it worked he was only 19 though.

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can combat this with bar hangs and other things that help gravity pull you down while your feet are off the ground.
I got some wood rings evenly hanged at about 8 feet in my back yard. Every morning I do 2 minute dead hangs with a thumbless grip like clock work. Sometimes I do 2-3 sets.
That decompression and first grasp of breath after hanging off is something else.
my hand grip has gotten stronger asf

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I got some wood rings evenly hanged at about 8 feet in my back yard. Every morning I do 2 minute dead hangs with a thumbless grip like clock work. Sometimes I do 2-3 sets.
That decompression and first grasp of breath after hanging off is something else.
my hand grip has gotten stronger asf
Nice! Yeah it definitely feels good when you are hanging there, almost like you are taking tension off your body in those areas.

Gedmun

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep i can say for certain it does in the year 2000 I was 18 and 6'6
Now I'm 42 this year and 6,5 with a bad lower back lol

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Age related height loss is natural. The taller you are the more height you're likely to lose. I remember watching my dad go from 5'11.5" in his mid-40s to 5'9.75" before his death in his early 70s. I'm 5'11.5" as well, so the same fate awaits me.

"People typically lose almost one-half inch (about 1 centimeter) every 10 years after age 40. Height loss is even more rapid after age 70. You may lose a total of 1 to 3 inches (2.5 to 7.5 centimeters) in height as you age"

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its about posture also. Less sitting on chairs, sit crossed legged, sleep without pillows, stretch out the spine rather than compression from seating on chairs and pillows. I notice sleeping without a pillow I can really feel it in my lower back seems to be stretching out all the way to the neck area.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can combat this with bar hangs and other things that help gravity pull you down while your feet are off the ground.
I hang off my bar after each workout, I've been bang on 6'2 for over 10 years of measuring. I hang each day when I remember too (prob 3 times a week).

Especially leg and push day, so much relief hanging off the bar. I'm up to 2.5 minutes as a maximum before grip gives out, same length of time I can hold my breath underwater. Dead hangs are essential for health. Get a pullup bar for home and do it daily.