Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone here from Russia?

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have contacts in Russia and last I heard was that Macron tried to convince Lukashenko to expel troops out of Belarus, that the Russians are basically winning the war, that China does not back the west (I think in this context China wants the conflict to continue for their own interests), protests against Putin in Tehran, Ukraine military targeted civilians in the Donbass region, about upcoming sanctions, etc.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Putin is on a mass propaganda campaign on Russian tv but I don't think it's working in the era of social media. People inside and outside of Russia can see he needlessly attacked a peaceful sovereign country.

The world is watching.

This will prove to be the biggest military and diplomatic blunder of the 21st century as the world coordinates to bring crushing sanctions to his country. Sadly, the innocent Russian people will be greatly affected.

I can say the US is on very high alert and should he place so much as a toe nail on NATO ground, he will be wiped out.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Putin is on a mass propaganda campaign on Russian tv but I don't think it's working in the era of social media. People inside and outside of Russia can see he needlessly attacked a peaceful sovereign country.

The world is watching.

This will prove to be the biggest military and diplomatic blunder of the 21st century as the world coordinates to bring crushing sanctions to his country. Sadly, the innocent Russian people will be greatly affected.

I can say the US is on very high alert and should he place so much as a toe nail on NATO ground, he will be wiped out.
Now I think this conversation is going into geopolitics, which I don't think it's allowed by the forum. That being said, Putin is not stupid, there are several factors that are going on that go into the geopolitical calculation. One useful perspective is the geographic heartland theory, I would recommend "The Geographical Pivot of History" by Sir Halford John Mackinder and the "Absent Superpower" by Peter Zeihan (I don't agree with Zeihan on a lot of issues, but he is a good communicator).

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A chechen armor convoy got wiped out last night, general and all. A Ukrainian drone was the explanation. Looking at the pics of the smoking ruins, I'd say no fvcking way that the US had nothing to do with it. Those Ukrainian drones are CIA drones with a piece of yellow tape on the wing. It's clever, because there is no human pilot to interrogate and torture if it crashes. It also explains some of putins anger.

40 mile long Russian convoy approaching Kiev right now, resupply and more armor. They are going to be target practice as soon as darkness falls. A lot of these Russian kids weren't told where they were going or that there was even a war. That sounds surprising but that is how the soviets always did it, tell soldiers as little as possible.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You might have misspelled "we will all be wiped out". I suppose the US, Europe, and Russia could end up as smoking holes and China could be left standing.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Well there's a lot of propaganda about the Nazis taking over Ukraine, which is ironic since their president is a jew. Most don't really want the war but they do think Ukraine is a puppet of the west which is largely true to be honest.

It's also pretty scary that the west can just bully a nation into submission, the average people are the ones that suffer the most.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We had a Russian here feu years agoo. Hé was proputin hardcore.

Western alliés keep poking the bear, Russia is isolated and surrounded, Putin trying To maintain a bufferzone

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

The world is watching.

normally I would say yes, but, russia is following china on internet control, or at least trying, making it locked intranet, with they can control all info (with all country are trying but some are less... let's say blunt about it), also note people in russia voted for putin to stay there, for how long now?

plus there is that history about ukrained gave 1,200 nuclear bombs back to russia with a treat about never attacking then, well we saw that goes

Serenity

Reaction score
Now I think this conversation is going into geopolitics, which I don't think it's allowed by the forum.
Should probably say something about this. This is a major international event, it would be hard to justify blocking it all and pretending it doesn't happen. You are not wrong, politics quickly get out of hand when wild speculations appear and hostilities between forum members grow. That's why the rule exists.

For now we're closely monitoring the situation and it's likely we'll moderate it much in the same way as the covid threads we've had. It's not a blanket ban on the subject, but I'd recommend you all refrain from getting too political and emotional when discussing the subject.

Our tolerance may very well change, depends how maturely the forum behaves on the subject.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Always pay attention to actions. Propaganda is useful for seeing this as it's less about the message and more about the intent of letting it be shown.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a few Russian friends. They all hate Putin (and did well before this invasion) and are disgusted with this course of action. But they're in Western Europe and not Russia.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unacceptable. “The West” has not invaded Putin nor his allies. If sovereign countries want to join NATO that is their prerogative.
The same could be said about the people of Crimea. They voted to become part of Russia.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unacceptable. “The West” has not invaded Putin nor his allies. If sovereign countries want to join NATO that is their prerogative.
Basically, he is paranoid. And he is upset with former members of the Soviet Union who have chosen to associate themselves with the West.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think what made him flipping were the attacks on the russian minorities in the east but even more the fact that nato missiles would have been put in ukraine.

I dont have more info than you have so we dont know the whole story however I find very unfair that russian civilians are targets of western countermeasures.

The middle aged taxi driver that cant use his mastercard has virtual no weight in russia gov actions.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think what made him flipping were the attacks on the russian minorities in the east but even more the fact that nato missiles would have been put in ukraine.
It's like Putin's Cuban Missle Crisis.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically, he is paranoid. And he is upset with former members of the Soviet Union who have chosen to associate themselves with the West.
Which in no way justifies his actions or the authoritarian form of government.

The same could be said about the people of Crimea. They voted to become part of Russia.
No. If the citizens of Texas vote to become part of Mexico, that doesn’t give Mexico the right to invade the USA to “reclaim” Texas.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Which in no way justifies his actions or the authoritarian form of government.

No. If the citizens of Texas vote to become part of Mexico, that doesn’t give Mexico the right to invade the USA to “reclaim” Texas.
International law says people have the right to self determination.