"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Anyone else read the board before a night out?

danziger

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 18, 2003
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
Australia
I was wondering if anyone else takes a quick half hour or so to read the board before heading for a night out?

I find it gets me in the right frame of mind and sometimes I get some new ideas to try out that night.

Anyone do anything similar? I'd be interested to hear it!

Dan

edit: fat-fingered the keys... :)
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

madgame

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2003
Messages
860
Reaction score
1
I dont really read the board, but Im gonna try and start rehearsing some approaches or so in my mind and stuff to get the right mindset for the night. I usually have to hurry and drink and go out and when Im at the club Im not really motivated to do some approaches, so I figured this is like every other goal u wanna accomplish in life. Youll have an easier time doing it if you're motivated and have a certain goal. I know this might sound a little overdone, but before a boxer or any other fighter goes to the ring they usually rehearse their combos and everything in their mind. Same thing for a lot of other sports.
Im gonna start doing this next time I go out ;-)
 

nan3109

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2003
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Age
41
I used to. But then I realized being a DJ involves just finding yourself and who you are. Remembering techniques is bull because that ISNT who you are.

I realized im a WEIRD goofy kid (with good looks of course ;-) ) and that by being myself, girls seem to like me more. So dont waste your time, have fun while your young.
 

J-Man

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 11, 2003
Messages
221
Reaction score
0
yeah i know exactly what you mean danziger. i dont do it before i go out but whenever im in a bad mood/need a reminder/need a refreshment i come here. it really does keep me on track. i used to come to this board all the time, and read a lot + pooks threads + got really ****y and told myself "**** this i dont need this at all im leaving." over time i realized my skills were getting worse and worse (by over time i mean half a year). i usually dont ever learn anything new here but something about just reading ideas over and over and over again helps me get the right mindframe.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Top