Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone else having problems with meeting women on dating sites

ibew_bro

Don Juan
Reaction score
Whats up my fellow Don Juans...
I have a question for you guys....

I know Im probably going to hear, "drop dating sites and pick up women elsewhere" line.. Well Im 53 years old and your average clubs & bars are filled with people half my age or close to it. So the dating sites are my best option right now unless someone can give me a better idea of where to go but, Im not the type to go to Shoprite to try and pick someone up.. I really dont have the never for that and it just seems a little weird to me IMO.. With that said, I consider myself a good looking guy probably 8 out of 10 and I just cant seem to wrap my brain around not being able to hook up on these sites...A friend of mine who is probably closer to a 5 or 6 was on the same site and met numerous women and is now in a relationship with one of them. Im not saying I get no action at all but the action I get isnt the action I want.. Many of the women who do "Like" my profile of message me are not very easy on the eyes...The few that werent bad, I messaged back but most of the times there is no reply....Dont get me wrong here, Im not expecting Salma Hayek to be knocking down my door (although it would be nice) but I am looking for someone that I like looking at...I believe there has to be a physical attraction before anything else. Whether thats wrong attitude or not, is not the point, Thats just how Im built... Anyone else have these issues?

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Be patient. Have fun. Enjoy the game. You will get better women sooner or later.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dating sites are garbage. The women that go on there are either desperate (fat/ugly/too old/weird), timewasters (attention whoares - "I'm never on here, look at my Instragram" etc) or scammers (pretty young Asian girls that want to tell you about their investments in bitcoin).

threeforfree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No matter what site you’re on, if you have ANY way to make a comment, compliment, or start a conversation, do it. Not “You’re pretty/hot/etc”. You have to entice them into a conversation. The only ones I don’t do that with are the ones that don’t give any info at all on their profiles. They are low effort anyways.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At 53, if you're willing to date women close to your own age, Meetup.com groups might be worthwhile. Meetup is shiit in the younger age groups but starts to have potential around age 50.

The obvious stuff in the real world is to look to meet women through your personal interests. Men have a mixed record on getting dating relationships through hobbies. It's my perspective that trying to get dates through hobbies is usually is a high effort, low reward proposition. Few hobbies will actually result in that. We've had threads on this.

Approaching strangers is super tough even for younger people.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're willing to date your own age at 53, pretty much you can have any woman you want because no-one else wants them.

ibew_bro

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're willing to date your own age at 53, pretty much you can have any woman you want because no-one else wants them.
Now thats not very nice...lol...Ive seen some women in their late 50's that look better then some in their 40's...It depends on genetics and how they take care of themselves...Besides, There are a lot of old farts like myself that will take them..So there is still demand..

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read somewhere that if you're not getting a good amount of matches within about 2-3 weeks of using the app, it's best to delete your profile and start a new one, as the app's algorithm has pushed your profile to the bottom of the pile. I've done this and it's worked.

Also, getting likes and messaged by unattractive women is the norm.

corsica

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If your friend was able to find somebody, being less attractive than you...

Ask him for tips.

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A few days ago there's a guy discussing his experience with OLD, and the takeaway is they are garbage, pure and simple.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Are you realistic about your looks match?

Whats up my fellow Don Juans...
I have a question for you guys....

I know Im probably going to hear, "drop dating sites and pick up women elsewhere" line.. Well Im 53 years old and your average clubs & bars are filled with people half my age or close to it. So the dating sites are my best option right now unless someone can give me a better idea of where to go but, Im not the type to go to Shoprite to try and pick someone up.. I really dont have the never for that and it just seems a little weird to me IMO.. With that said, I consider myself a good looking guy probably 8 out of 10 and I just cant seem to wrap my brain around not being able to hook up on these sites...A friend of mine who is probably closer to a 5 or 6 was on the same site and met numerous women and is now in a relationship with one of them. Im not saying I get no action at all but the action I get isnt the action I want.. Many of the women who do "Like" my profile of message me are not very easy on the eyes...The few that werent bad, I messaged back but most of the times there is no reply....Dont get me wrong here, Im not expecting Salma Hayek to be knocking down my door (although it would be nice) but I am looking for someone that I like looking at...I believe there has to be a physical attraction before anything else. Whether thats wrong attitude or not, is not the point, Thats just how Im built... Anyone else have these issues?

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
OLD is like the Uber Eats of dating, cheap and easy to do.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, hate to be the bearer of bad news but your age is a factor. Unless you are a multi-millionaire and display it on your profile, chicks aren’t checking for guys in their 50s. Maybe look international. Other cultures are far more open to age gap dating.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've talked to a few attractive late 40's early 50's women. They all say that the men they see in their 50's on OLD look old and are out of shape so they try to ignore that age group. They will look for men under 50 that tend to be in better shape.

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The golden age of OLD is long gone. That said, i frequently met girls that had boyfriends a lot older then them and the main issue they had with them was not their age but the mens insecurities about their age.
While they are not actively looking for them online, a well kempt man in his early 50s can be successfull in real life without the need of being rich. You can be 50 and look way sharper then the average 30 year old slob.

You really need to have your **** together though. Body needs to be in shape, dress well, have a decent car, home and finances. Game is a must have!

The best way for you should be to get yourself out into society in a natural way and start interacting with women (even with the ones you dont find attractive) just for the sake of it for starters.

By "natural way" i mean not "going out of your way to find women". There is no point in going to clubs and bars if you hate nightlife or sign up to a yoga-course if you dont like that. You will radiate your discomfort and women will smell the real reason why you are there (to get laid).

Just do your shiat and start talking with as many women as you can in a harmless way, until you get signs of attraction from the one or other, then escalate.

In time you will develop decent game and things will fall in place.

ibew_bro

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you have a lot of experience dating older women? If so shame on you, Your 26 years old, You should be able to do better! Remember something, You are half my age..Do you think you are going to be as attractive or sort after when you are 53 years old? I highly doubt it.. I had plenty of women when I was younger then you and was actually married at 25 years old.. When you get to my age, I may be dead, If Im not, I'd like to have this conversation again with you to see how easy you think it is then...arrogance isnt a very attractive trait

ibew_bro

Don Juan
Reaction score
The golden age of OLD is long gone. That said, i frequently met girls that had boyfriends a lot older then them and the main issue they had with them was not their age but the mens insecurities about their age.
While they are not actively looking for them online, a well kempt man in his early 50s can be successfull in real life without the need of being rich. You can be 50 and look way sharper then the average 30 year old slob.

You really need to have your **** together though. Body needs to be in shape, dress well, have a decent car, home and finances. Game is a must have!

The best way for you should be to get yourself out into society in a natural way and start interacting with women (even with the ones you dont find attractive) just for the sake of it for starters.

By "natural way" i mean not "going out of your way to find women". There is no point in going to clubs and bars if you hate nightlife or sign up to a yoga-course if you dont like that. You will radiate your discomfort and women will smell the real reason why you are there (to get laid).

Just do your shiat and start talking with as many women as you can in a harmless way, until you get signs of attraction from the one or other, then escalate.

In time you will develop decent game and things will fall in place.
Thanks for the advise, Im a good looking dude but I can use to lose a few pounds which Im starting to work on now, Im a Union electrician, I own my own home, all my affairs are in order, Bills are paid and there is money in the bank.. My biggest issue is I dont have a drivers license.. It was revoked years ago for stupid sh@t I did in the past..I have cars but I cant drive them and it doesnt appear that I will be able to for god knows how much longer.. Long long story...I like going to the local bars and I do get a good amount of attention from women but they are much younger for the most part so I never really try and seal the deal..Why I dont know, Maybe its because Im at the age where I want something serious again and just getting laid doesnt matter as much.. Maybe I have to change my attitude!

ibew_bro

Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, hate to be the bearer of bad news but your age is a factor. Unless you are a multi-millionaire and display it on your profile, chicks aren’t checking for guys in their 50s. Maybe look international. Other cultures are far more open to age gap dating.
My age may be a factor if Im looking for someone in their 20's early 30's but I never said I was looking for a 25 year old, Just a women my age.. A few years younger or a few years older doesnt matter.. So I dont believe that bro..What? No man in their 50's is dating? C'mon...Yeah Im just gonna go to another country, Get myself a mail away bride and have her take all my sh@t in 10 years...Sounds like a great plan..lol

ibew_bro

Don Juan
Reaction score
If your friend was able to find somebody, being less attractive than you...

Ask him for tips.
Well it just dawned on me that he is finding less quality women...Perhaps thats why he had more dates because he is willing to settle more then I am..Like I said in my original post, Although it would be nice, Im not expecting Salma Hayek, I am expecting someone I find attractive though..I spent a number of years with a women I was less attracted to, Although she was a great person, I still felt dissatisfied, alone and unhappy..Im not making that mistake again...