Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone else completely over it?!

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah your right I got too invested too quickly and got caught up with all her charm and beauty, she was very attractive for 42 with 2 kids. I acknowledge I made mistakes and shouldn't have got attached to early but it's still stings when you see all your friends and relatives your age who are getting married and having kids and seem so happy and I struggle to find someone, mind you some of them met their so on dating apps, so you can't completely write dating apps off....

I have a demanding job and don't get a lot of time off so it makes it hard to go out and meet people continuously hence why I turn to OLD. Not to mention meeting chicks in the wild aren't any better then the ones online
She shouldn’t even be on your radar until your 70s.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah your right I got too invested too quickly and got caught up with all her charm and beauty, she was very attractive for 42 with 2 kids. I acknowledge I made mistakes and shouldn't have got attached to early but it's still stings when you see all your friends and relatives your age who are getting married and having kids and seem so happy and I struggle to find someone, mind you some of them met their so on dating apps, so you can't completely write dating apps off....

I have a demanding job and don't get a lot of time off so it makes it hard to go out and meet people continuously hence why I turn to OLD. Not to mention meeting chicks in the wild aren't any better then the ones online
I literally made all the same arguments as you. I’m 43 and high up in my company. I work hard. After my divorce I thought OLD would be the shortcut to meeting women. It worked, I met some women, slept with some of them, but most of them totally nuts and the percentage that I would match with a 7 or 8 was extremely low. I put the work and time into growing a social life with hobbies that put me around girls and new people, and it paid off in spades. I also cold approach women I find attractive as I go about my daily life. It has been working well for me.

I quest your statement about seeing friends and family getting together and having kids and seeming so happy. Everyone I know who has kids is borderline miserable. I’m not saying people shouldn’t have kids or that it isn’t a fulfilling experience, but it is extremely difficult. How can you complain about being too busy with work to meet women outside of OLD yet you are going to have time to raise a family?! Sounds like you’re making excuses. And if you are using social media to gauge how happy these people are, obviously you are seeing only the camera worthy moments. Even relationships without kids can be miserable. Again, not saying they are bad but you seem to be painting this picture that a relationship is the goal, the desired end state that finally provides you with the happiness in life you seek. Until you finally understand that this will not provide you with that happiness, you will forever be locked into a cycle of frustration and anger and end up in the same situation you are complaining about here.

Again, make the changes in your life to have many friends, many hobbies, be social, volunteer, be busy outside of work with things you love, find something competitive to do co-Ed with others (a sport like running or game like chess), and do things that give value to others like throw parties or organize outings or trips with your friend group. Do those things and enjoy them and the women will come, but you’ll suddenly find you don’t care so much about them because you now know what happiness and fulfillment feels like and you realize women don’t hold they key to it. You do.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@ink_wizard
You sound so incredibly feminine in your posts. They ooze with neediness and high maintenance.

Because consistently having meaningless sex with chicks gets old after a while, it would be nice to meet someone to create something a bit more substantial... I have read articles and bibles on this site and I agree with a lot of it to an extent but as much as I love banging them for Free, it would be nice to meet one I can share more with
What you're really saying is you can't open up to these women without a lot of effort on their part because you're scared of getting hurt or whatever. If you're truly in the moment a one night stand can be the most intimate and deep thing you've ever experienced. You can share yourself completely and be confident enough to be content with her leaving, because her actions don't validate you.

You revolve around women to the point of being one. Focus on creating a more social life and building your life for YOU, not to land a girl. The girl is a nice cherry on top of your sweet life sundae. It shouldn't make or break you or turn you into such a hopeless romantic. A woman wants a guy that's impossible to upset because he has his sheet super together and leads decisively, not a guy that will get super butthurt and turn everything into a soap opera.

Last edited:

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Turning 32 in a couple of months and it’s starting to kick in that my chances of ever finding “the one” are diminishing bit by bit. I have done so much work on myself these last couple of years after my big break up to get to a place where I’m ready to truly date. I’ve lost a heap of weight, discovered hobbies, good job, worked on my mental and physical health along with my spirituality and it’s made no difference. I’ve been doing OLD for the past few months, and have met some people and there was probably about two I thought I was compatiable with, great connections and a lot of attraction, same long term goals and great dates/sex and I thought I may have struck victory, only to be disappointed and blown up in my face that we are not in fact as compatiable as I thought due to various things. It’s reaffirmed to me all over again why I shouldn’t get involved with people and put myself out there because I only end up getting burnt time and time again and I’m completely over it. There’s only so much heart break one can take.

It’s got to the stage now where I’m just starting to accept that I do better in life when I’m single and doing my own thing with no distractions that I don’t even want to entertain the thought of ever dating again. I guess you could say after so many years of dating, rejections, horrible break ups, putting my heart on my sleeve that I’m just feeling jaded and cynical with it all now that I just don’t trust people anymore and I don’t have the energy to keep putting myself out there, hoping to meet the one just to be let down time and time again.

I know I’m still young and it’s premature to think like this but I just can’t see it ever happening for me, my fairy tale ending. Some people are just destined to be single and that’s how it is. The thought of going on dates again and trying to build connections with people sounds so exhausting and I can’t be bothered which I know indicates I need to take a break from it all but I don’t know if I’ll ever find that enthusiasm and determination that I once had to seek that out again. Once bitten, twice why I guess you could say.

I guess I needed to vent and let this out but I am wondering if anyone else feels the same and is completely done with the whole thing ?
Dude im 48. Don't worry about "the one". You worry about good connection, dycking her down good and she should be begging you to lock you down. In "2020" they are trapping guys who want a relationship. Itll get you strung along and cvcked. So get that "the one" out your head. If it happens itll happen.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In 2020, "The One" is most likely going to have a kid....a freshly born one too.
So she did a "five guys" and got the kid. She realized that she needed a proper father so she found a mild manner well paid guy that she knew would take care of her.