Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone a Financial Advisor?

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone? Im thinking about giving it a shot after i graduate in may. I know it has the potential to be lucrative, but im just concerned about getting clients and starting from the bottom and building your business up. If anyone has any info id appreciate it.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oakraiderz2 said:
Anyone? Im thinking about giving it a shot after i graduate in may. I know it has the potential to be lucrative, but im just concerned about getting clients and starting from the bottom and building your business up. If anyone has any info id appreciate it.
I have also thought about this after i graduate. I have heard it is an extremely stressful job. You are on commission pay and you wont make anything for a while until you build up clientele.

You need to get your Series 7 license. Its just like a stock broker job since you sell stocks too. Only problem with this job is that a lot of people dont last and end up quitting, its not for everyone...thats why the job is advertised all the time..some companies dont even require a degree or anything. Its a sales job.

But if you believe you can work on a commission and are good with numbers and people you should be successful. Just believe in yourself. The sky's the limit.

Its a great job if you want to learn how investing and money works. :)

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
I have also thought about this after i graduate. I have heard it is an extremely stressful job. You are on commission pay and you wont make anything for a while until you build up clientele.

You need to get your Series 7 license. Its just like a stock broker job since you sell stocks too. Only problem with this job is that a lot of people dont last and end up quitting, its not for everyone...thats why the job is advertised all the time..some companies dont even require a degree or anything. Its a sales job.

But if you believe you can work on a commission and are good with numbers and people you should be successful. Just believe in yourself. The sky's the limit.

Its a great job if you want to learn how investing and money works. :)
The thought of working on commission doesnt sound too appealing. I have more than enoough student loans to payback to rely only on commission. I also thought about doing insurance too.

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When i graduated I tried it. Industry probably has a 95% failure rate.

Think about it. Who is going to give you their money to invest as a 23 yr old college graduate ?

On top of it, there's Scottrade, TD ameritrade, etc in which people can invest their money w/o the help of a financial advisor.

If u go the FA route, u will mostly be selling life insurance and annuitiies, selling be the key word.

It is POSSIBLE to make money, but u will definitely be dirt poor for years until u build up a client base.

I started as a FA, got my licenses, then worked for a bank, and then quit to be a self-employeed daytrader.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wiesman44 said:
When i graduated I tried it. Industry probably has a 95% failure rate.

Think about it. Who is going to give you their money to invest as a 23 yr old college graduate ?

On top of it, there's Scottrade, TD ameritrade, etc in which people can invest their money w/o the help of a financial advisor.

If u go the FA route, u will mostly be selling life insurance and annuitiies, selling be the key word.

It is POSSIBLE to make money, but u will definitely be dirt poor for years until u build up a client base.

I started as a FA, got my licenses, then worked for a bank, and then quit to be a self-employeed daytrader.
Rich Dad, Poor Dad says work to learn..dont work for money.

So would you say the knowledge you gained from being a FA and the licenses you got were crucial to your success as a day trader now??

That means so you learned about investing and instead of trying to tell unwilling people to invest their money with you, you take your own advice to make money for yourself?