Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Any Swimmers Here

Odisseo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems like everyone talks about lifting only.

Is swimming AFC lol

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nope. lots of opportunities to show your body ad get booty.
its also really effective for rehabbing back injuries and a good cardio

Odisseo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha yeah I wasn't serious.

Just wondering if anyone wants to share their workouts in the pool

Blistex

Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently started a journal to record my swimming workout and be able to discuss it with members of the community. Feel free to look it over and tell me what you think of my routine.
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=211041.

I go swimming five times a week (sometimes seven) and always do 60 laps (25m pool). I do a mix of freestyle and breaststroke and will soon be adding butterfly and backstroke to my list. I usually spend about an hour at the pool.

What workouts do you do at the pool, Odisseo?

Odisseo

Don Juan
Reaction score
By one lap you mean there and back? In that case you're doing 3000 meeters per hour? That'd be very good but I think by one lap you mean 25 meters only.

I do a lot less because I'd like to mix up my swimming with running and starting very soon some kickboxing. I enjoy swimming but it just doesn't do as much if you go out drinking pretty often (which I should do less of anyways).

Anyways, I do:

50 meters x 10 free
Pause
50x 10 mixed butterfly and backstroke
Pause
50x 10 free using pull boys every other 100

Then I alternate cold showers with sauna (twice)

Ashx88

Banned
Reaction score
obviously, swimming is much better work to boost you and work yourself desperately.. good exercise for injuries and to make a health control

Man on Fire

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was a competitive swimmer for over a decade. Swimming is an excellent workout for everyone. Almost zero impact, works your entire body and great for your heart. I enjoy getting in the pool for thirty minutes after lifting to gives all my muscles a little work. Consistent swimming will give you a strong "core," abs, back, chest and thighs.

That is great you do butterfly(most difficult of the four strokes). I also see you do some work with the pull bouy. I would suggest mixing in using the kick board so you get both isolating your upper and lower body. It looks like you have a great fitness workout though! good luck

Odisseo

Don Juan
Reaction score
A good tip for beginners is to swim breast stroke when tired rather than stopping. Let's day you do 10 laps free style and are exhausted. Try mixing it up with breast stroke. It will keep the body working and burning calories while exercising at a lower pace thus allowing you to catch your breath. Most beginners will do 5 laps free style and then feel exhausted.