Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

any good excercise tips for boxing defense

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Absent of that, shadow boxing in front of a mirror when just starting out is the best thing you can do.

And while shadow boxing:

1.Hands held high. Hands should never drop for beginners.
I'll second that, but I don't think that you need a mirror. I've never used one. I just imagine my hands or fists hitting a face or a liver punch. I want to see and feel my fist/foot hitting its imaginary target. Sometimes due to fatigue or lack of focus I'll hit below my intended imaginary target. That's due to age I think. It's a sloppiness that every now and then happens cause of age and possible lack of motivation to keep precise punches flowing. 95% of them will be on target though. I mean you just know you hit at where you were aiming. Same with the foot. And different days are different, some days I'll come back from a 3-mile run and still have gusto to hit my imaginary targets and plus with aggressiveness. Some days I'll be fatigued but press on through to Finish allthewhile probably only throwing 70% punches but that is not really a Bad thing either cause in a fight you would want to not throw 100% exactly especially if not gloved (else broken hands). Feet are different, go 100% of those if you can. All you need is combos. Of course, move around. Jump rope before because boxers need good (strong) feet. Mix in calisthenics or body weight exercises, then maybe run during the middle of it. Use a park's bars while on your run. It's free.

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Head movement and light-footedness are the most important things for an effective defense. You can find some of those punching balls that bounce back and forth on Amazon. Although the rhythm is pretty predictable you can train your timing with it.

Your feet get accustomed to lateral movements when you use angles on the heavy bag. The important moves mainly stress your big toes. So if you do it right, those get f*cked up pretty good. If you can move in and out fast, you have the perfect defense. Use two of those neoprene 2-3 pound dumbbells for shadow boxing. That'll give you the necessary endurance and strength in your shoulders in order to keep up your guard longer.

Also, try this neck exercise. Tyson was using it back in the day. It's a bit difficult but strengthens your neck immensely.

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Head movement and light-footedness are the most important things for an effective defense. You can find some of those punching balls that bounce back and forth on Amazon. Although the rhythm is pretty predictable you can train your timing with it.

Your feet get accustomed to lateral movements when you use angles on the heavy bag. The important moves mainly stress your big toes. So if you do it right, those get f*cked up pretty good. If you can move in and out fast, you have the perfect defense. Use two of those neoprene 2-3 pound dumbbells for shadow boxing. That'll give you the necessary endurance and strength in your shoulders in order to keep up your guard longer.

Also, try this neck exercise. Tyson was using it back in the day. It's a bit difficult but strengthens your neck immensely.

Only do neckbridges, when you already have a very strong neck. Hyperextending your neck under load can lead to nerve impingement and it‘s for sure not good for your disks. Facepulls ie are safer imo

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you can move in and out fast, you have the perfect defense. Use two of those neoprene 2-3 pound dumbbells for shadow boxing.
I've never used weighted gloves. I think for moving in and out jumprope before each workout is important. I'm usually soaked when I'm done with a 2 hr workout, shirt's heavy and underwear everything, hair almost completely drenched because I haven't had a haircut in months due to refusing to wear a mask. I will kick, both legs, low-kicks, body-kicks, head-kicks and never pull anything or get injured knock on wood even at my age. Of course, the main repetition is punches, which keeps the intensity higher because kicks take more time to get back into position whereas punches can keep being thrown (more throws per minute), thus more tiring/taxing. I don't have much room to workout so with kicks I have to reset (which means shuffling backward) with Each combo thrown. One day I'll have a large home, could have had that in 2017 but a seller backed out on a verbal agreement to a low-ball price twice. They were Ukrainian, their word not honorable, my realtor had never seen this behavior in all his years. It would have given me plenty of room to workout in the unfinished but perfectly clean basement where their exercise equipment lay - probably never used cause the wife was fat.
I'm going 3rd day of my workout in a row in 3, 2, 1... seeing results in my abs (the black widows are doing a number on me) and I'm not sore

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
come up to Canada I'll help you and you help me. Gyms are open here.
Otherwise maybe try setting up a string from corner to corner in a room like that youtube training video of alvarez?
dm me

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nowadays, it's just me training by myself in a basement. A 35kg punching bag that also allows me to throw regular shots or uppercuts and low body shots. Lately I've been working on my head movement a lot and back-and-forth movement and circling. No more sparring for me since I left England. I still use the same cardio circuits the coaches made us go through and the same warmup. Boxing is pretty dead in the U.S. compared to the U.K.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm interested in buying a 10 or 15 lb medicine ball for abs and other (rage slamming?). I have all the things I need for massive workouts. Right now it's just a matter of ah, sticking to my weekly program. Today, I've been procrastinating. It's time for a late workout in a few minutes. I'm even passing up going over to a gal's apartment (my age) tonight for this workout I Need to do, and plus it's fvckin cold right now, don't wanna get out. Been blowing wads of cash on self defense items today and yesterday. I see a video from NutnFancy and I can't resist to buy what I've been putting off for over a decade, and I need to buy yet more. Then I watch a Robski video and feel the need to buy more. I mean, I need to train with what I got at hand. Buying something else ain't gonna help. I mean, I don't wanna get shot ever, I do not want to have to ever use a tourniquet. You see a vid from Vigilance Elite where they (retired NAVY SEALS or Green Berets) don't even 2nd think the thought of having to apply their medical skills to stop bleeding. They are brave by default, willing to take a bullet. Many keyboard warriors don't prepare for ever getting shot or scraped up or falling or a car accident etc. They don't have a first aid kit on hand in their car or home even. It's not like a video game where you respawn.

Survival is EXPENSIVE. Being prepared is expensive, but would you rather have dollas or goods?

• Love
Reactions: BMX