Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Any DBZ fans here?

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anybody here enjoy watching DBZ?

I am trying to figure out when the DragonballZ Season Four boxset from funimation is coming out because I want to buy it.

I have the three previous three DBZ boxsets.

comic_relief

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a good series, but there's way to much fluff in it. Kind of like David Deangelo's later programs. Awesome stuff, but way to much filler and fluff.
I like the parts like Vegeta's Pride and Respect, and parts in which is demonstrated why Goku is the 'romantic hero' of the series. It may be a cartoon, but the characteristics of the strongest are the same.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the fluff was from when the show caught up to the manga, so they had to put madd fillers cuz they couldn't make any more episodes till the next manga volume came out.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump.

last week or so, I bought DBZ Boxset 4 on DVD and the Double feature Trunks/Bardock movies. Amazing, even the Garlic Jr. saga.

Cannot wait for the fifth boxset. I'll probably rewatch everything over spring break.

comic_relief

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
omg, I LOVE DBZ! I gotta say though but watching that show really made me feel weak as fcuk. Sayains basically owned earth and were always protecting humans. It made me want a monkey tail so that when a full moon appears, I turn into a giant AFC beast. But yea, I used to work out while watching DBZ. Its a good motivator.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rebound Material said:
omg, I LOVE DBZ! I gotta say though but watching that show really made me feel weak as fcuk. Sayains basically owned earth and were always protecting humans. It made me want a monkey tail so that when a full moon appears, I turn into a giant AFC beast. But yea, I used to work out while watching DBZ. Its a good motivator.
Here is something for a massive DBZ orgasm

http://online-dragonball.blogspot.com/

every episode and movie = FREE!!!

http://online-dragonballzgt.blogspot.com/search/label/Dragonball Z movie 09

comic_relief

PS there goes all of my study time.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I loved it when I was a kid and it got me into watching other animes like One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc. Though being exposed to other animes it made me realize how mediocre DBZ is. It could have been a great anime if the episode count was reduced to 130 instead of 270 something. I recently was on a DBZ marathon and got up to the end of the Cell arc, and I just couldn't take the nonsensical filler anymore.

lordson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i hate DBZ with a passion

it drags on soo soo much. worse than lost and worse than heroes.

they just stand around talking to each other, its childish too. grow up man

and it takes like 50 episodes to kill that Frieza guy, after then umpteenth episode where still nothing happens, i just stopped watching it. This was about 4 years ago

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mr_elor said:
I quite like DBZ, but find it frustarting to watch. I hate the way they drag on the start of a fight for like 3 episodes, and the fights themselves are very stop-start. With a different irector and writing team you'd have an awesome show, as it is it's a bit too frustrating to watch.

Although I did quite enjoy the Freeza saga.
It really wasn't about the directing and writing moreso than it was the fact that while the anime was being made, the manga it was based on caught up with it and were forced into a position to drag out the episodes. Manga chapters come out weekly and would probably be about 5 to 10 minutes in an anime episode. Anime episodes also come out weekly. This is actually very common; almost all anime are based off of manga, and they have a tendency to catch up to the manga.

Some of you will wonder why wouldn't they just cease production and continue it on later when the manga is much farther ahead of the anime, or even better yet, rerun episodes. From what I hear the Japanese TV industry is even more tense and strict than the TV industry here in North America. If DBZ were to be taken out of the schedule, it would be almost impossible to get back its slot because it would lose popularity quickly. Likewise, if episodes were to be rerun, it would also lose popularity pretty quick. From what I hear Japanese people aren't really the couch potatoes Americans are.

Pokemon is still running to this day, I believe they have over 600 episodes, while in comparison, the Simpsons only like 400 despite being out much much longer.

Though I do agree that the writing and directing could have been a bit better. They could have just made side stories like they did with Garlic Jr. and introduce new villains instead of dragging out the episodes.

Just wanted people to know the truth about why DBZ drags on so long. There's a lot of people that don't know this.

Paper Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
War Against Betaism said:
I loved it when I was a kid and it got me into watching other animes like One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc. Though being exposed to other animes it made me realize how mediocre DBZ is. It could have been a great anime if the episode count was reduced to 130 instead of 270 something. I recently was on a DBZ marathon and got up to the end of the Cell arc, and I just couldn't take the nonsensical filler anymore.
DBZ was the piooner. It cleared the path for stuff like OP, Naruto and Bleach (and a awful bunch of other stuff).

And, yeah, fillers suck bad. Naruto fillers dragged for, like, 2 years? 2 years of "too painful too watch" episodes. I just stopped watching it.
its childish too. grow up man
You should check out other Japanese series. They have great stuff that's geared towards the more mature crowd. You should check Gantz, Death Note and whatnot.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Comic those links are AWESOME!

I wanted to find a good version of "the return of cooler"

Thanks!

Paper Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
mr_elor said:
One Anime I love is Excel Saga, 7 different flavours of awesomeness! That's the first anime I was introduced to really (outside the popular ones: DBZ, Pokemon etc). Quite a soft spot for 'Chobits', although I supopse you could say it's very 'AFC'.
Excel Saga is just insane... Nothing but pure, random, insanity! :woo:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Paper Man said:
DBZ was the piooner. It cleared the path for stuff like OP, Naruto and Bleach (and a awful bunch of other stuff)...
Astro Boy was created about 20 years before DBZ.

BlackJackal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score