Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Any advice on quick thinking

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have missed so many opportunities with gorgeous women all because I wasn't quick enough on the uptake or didn't know what to say/do in the moment. I have lost count of the times I look back at an interaction and think "If only I'd said/done that..."

I'm not a nervous person, but I am more of a slow and methodical thinker and often find my mind goes blank whenever I'm on the spot. It happens in many circumstances, not just with women, and it's definitely one of the flaws that hold me back and I'd like to work on. When I first discovered pick up I would try to overcome this by rehearsing lines and routines, but it was always so fake and rarely fit the situations I found myself in.

Can anyone recommend any training or tips for basically speeding up my thought processes?

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes practice all day for the following month on fat/old cashiers.

I purposely go to all local shops and all local Drive thru Mcdonalds 5 times a day. even just for a hot drink

80% of the women are very responsive, quick short burst of a chat, and

Then you see a hot chic and do the same thing, THEY ARE ALL THE SAME

Repetition is the mother of skill

SirBigBell

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have missed so many opportunities with gorgeous women all because I wasn't quick enough on the uptake or didn't know what to say/do in the moment. I have lost count of the times I look back at an interaction and think "If only I'd said/done that..."

I'm not a nervous person, but I am more of a slow and methodical thinker and often find my mind goes blank whenever I'm on the spot. It happens in many circumstances, not just with women, and it's definitely one of the flaws that hold me back and I'd like to work on. When I first discovered pick up I would try to overcome this by rehearsing lines and routines, but it was always so fake and rarely fit the situations I found myself in.

Can anyone recommend any training or tips for basically speeding up my thought processes?
Im exactly like you in that respect.
Im more of a calculated thinker than a quick-witted chap who can reel off snappy sweet lines on the fly.

Like you, I used to see this as a weakness that needed to be fixed, until i realised that attempts to fix this took away from the authenticity of my character and presentation.
I wasnt broken so I didnt need fixing. I just needed to reposition myself correctly in the market and target the niche made for me.
So i avoid yappy chihuahuas (female versions of Chris Tucker in Rush Hour) and gravitate towards more chilled women. The moment i came to this realisation, my bang rate went up significantly and i enjoyed the company of the broads more, as i stopped feeling like i had to vocally keep up with chihuahuas all the time.

Accept how you are built and target the broads whose disposition suits your natural flow.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I run into that at work. I’m also a slow methodical “linear” thinker. Not a fast “debater” of sorts.

All that aside, I think EBR and SBB are on to something.

You can’t or shouldn’t “force” your brain to go “faster.” That will just (unnecessarily) put you into a nervous fight or flight mode. Your brain is likely already in the “right” mode.

Maybe purposely pause before you speak and let your analytical brain work in the mode it’s wired for.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im exactly like you in that respect.
Im more of a calculated thinker than a quick-witted chap who can reel off snappy sweet lines on the fly.

Like you, I used to see this as a weakness that needed to be fixed, until i realised that attempts to fix this took away from the authenticity of my character and presentation.
I wasnt broken so I didnt need fixing. I just needed to reposition myself correctly in the market and target the niche made for me.
So i avoid yappy chihuahuas (female versions of Chris Tucker in Rush Hour) and gravitate towards more chilled women. The moment i came to this realisation, my bang rate went up significantly and i enjoyed the company of the broads more, as i stopped feeling like i had to vocally keep up with chihuahuas all the time.

Accept how you are built and target the broads whose disposition suits your natural flow.
Very good illustration.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I run into that at work. I’m also a slow methodical “linear” thinker. Not a fast “debater” of sorts.

All that aside, I think EBR and SBB are on to something.

You can’t or shouldn’t “force” your brain to go “faster.” That will just (unnecessarily) put you into a nervous fight or flight mode. Your brain is likely already in the “right” mode.

Maybe purposely pause before you speak and let your analytical brain work in the mode it’s wired for.
This is correct. In fact, people perceive men as stronger when they speak less. The value of what you say increases. Take it in. Digest. Breathe. Think. Speak

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys. Good to know I'm not alone in this and I'll take all the advice on board.

I usually do well in a date setting, sat down engaging in one on one conversation, but I've always been lousy at cold openers. I work in hospitality so it's always been a great place to meet hot women. A lot of the time they are the ones who initiate the conversation and flirting, but I constantly find my mind goes blank and I get stuck for things to say (until it's too late). It's so frustrating when I think of the missed opportunities, if only I'd acted on them.