"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

another one.....oneitis broke up

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
my oneitis just broke up with her bf. I think she did it...not sure. but their spark just disapperaed. I'm so damn confused...i dunno what to do.

he's an acquaintnace....friend i guess...but nothing close.

my mind tells me to stay on track and leave it alone.

my heart tells me to go for it and not let this one slip away again.

my friends on sosuave haven't spoken yet.

background:

they been togeterh for like...1.5 years. she's asian, he's white. she's more studious, but has the looks too. he's a slacker....but is charming i guess. he turned major afc after hooking up. flowers...etc. he was just crying to me a few min ago, and I just feel so damn torn. I think i'm gonna go with my mind..cuz my heart has ****ed me over in the past.....

what do you think?
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
329
Reaction score
1
1.5 years is a long time, especially if your thinking of getting with her right away, not to mention, no offense to you, but it seems really unlikely that shed get into another relationship so soon, unless she broke it off for someone else in particular....

maybe you guys could hook up and stuff but i wouldnt look for a relationship =/
 

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
I used to be a major AFC man....but now I've like changed 1000X for the better.

anyways, she always initiates convos with me in class and such and even when I'm not interested she keeps persisting. I don't want to get ****y and think she broke it off for me, but I guessI 'll find out soon. I'm not going to go for it immediately out of respect for the other guy though.

just gonna let her know i'm interested.

the other day we had this convo:

(keep in mind she's .5 yrs younger and her BF is a senior)

me: hey you going to homecoming?
her: nah...probably not...
me: why not?
her: eh...i don't feel like it. are you going?
me: well, no. I'm not much of a dance person so I'm going to follow the crowd and just go..
her: that's cool. how about prom?
me: maybe...
her: OMG! HOW CAN YOU NOT GO TO PROM?
me: well, I was thinking about how people couldn't like me and I couldn't come up with an answer either...
her: haha. you're so full of it. hey...what if I asked you to prom huh?
me: hmm...I'd have to deny you the night of your life.
her: haha, why not?
me: you have a bf and I have to respect that.
her: oh...yeah...that's true..

then we're just silent until we walk to the train and the whole ride home.

yep...I remember our convos. call it AFC. I call it good memory.
 

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
632
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Melbourne, Victoria
heart. but wiat dont profess your undying love for her yet..

say "hey i jsut remembered what you said about prom the other day... f*ck it, lets go together!"

come on... oneitis is never cured until you at least have a shot at the girl... she seems relatively interested in you. sometimes friends just gotta take a backseat. plus, you aint all that close to him either right. welll? go for it mate. all the best
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top