"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Another comeback for "I have a boyfriend".

DJ24SEVEN

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 20, 2004
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
I just thought of this today.

HER: I have a boyfriend.
YOU: Wow. Is that new?
HER: Huh? What's new?
YOU: Invisible wedding rings...

I think that's a good C&F statement...

Anyway, what do you all think?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
12
Age
44
Here's one of mine. It makes no sense but the look on their face is priceless (and heck, it got me in bed with one of them once)

Her: I have a boyfriend.

Me: So do I.

Her: :O?

She will be definitely freaked out. Take it from there.
 

crotchrocket

Don Juan
Joined
May 22, 2003
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
If you get the I have a boyfriend, after you've asked her to do something;

Her: I have a boyfriend

Me: well I'd invite him to come too but I don't think he'd enjoy himself.


I actually used this one twice, both times they laughed and agreed to the date!
 
Top