"Amway"

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Amway made me rich

Many, many years ago I got the call 'Hey you're a guy who wants to get somewhere fast'

And that was it, I was sucked in. At first it's all very subtle, but the longer you are in the more you realise what you will lose if you do, it's that and peer pressure.

Anyways, the interesting thing was they put you on a book reading programme. Books I would never ever had started reading if it wasn't for Amway.

Books like think and grow rich etc. I'm convinced this set me on a path that truely changed my life. I also really started to understand human nature, that people may say one thing to you and they are actually telling you porkiesl:eek: yes I was very gullable.

Save yourself some hardwork and heartache, and just buy the books. They will make you rich, honest guv.;)

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Amway made me rich

Lets explore some probable scenario:

You signed up. And figured out you have about 30 people you will call tell them about marvelous business opportunity.
Out of those 30, it is good if about 5 would be interested in talking to you again about it.
Out of those 5 maybe 1-2 will sign up. Thats almost nothing in terms of money for you.

After that, you will have to go out and do CA everywhere...
"Hi, We are expanding out business and..." blah..blah

You can sign up more people this way - not a problem. But realistically how many people you can sign up per year doing CA? maybe 1-3 if you are lucky and they will be determined to work.
The biggets problem is to spend about 2-3 hours every other days doing those CA and see no result and very little money.
After some time of doing thing any kind of determination will disappear....

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Amway made me rich

Originally posted by al77
You can sign up more people this way - not a problem. But realistically how many people you can sign up per year doing CA?
And the thing is, the word about Amway and other MLMs are out there and a lot of people are wising up. When this stuff first hit the streets it was easy to sucker people in, but right now it's a different story.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Amway made me rich

Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
And the thing is, the word about Amway and other MLMs are out there and a lot of people are wising up. When this stuff first hit the streets it was easy to sucker people in, but right now it's a different story.
I think it is not really a big deal ti sign up a couple of people. Any guy can have enough willpower to go and do CA to sing up 1-3 other guys. MLM do not advertise themselves on TV, their operations are basically hidden... and MLM "ads" are not passive TV commercials.. they are real guys who chase you until you cry "NO!!!!!" or sing up.

So it is possible and will be possible. I even made sure it was possible: when a quixstar guy approached me... I told him "Hey, ok, I am interested... sort of. Show me how you do your CA, you must know a secrect, some special people skills..." He agreed.
We cruised for about an hour: he opend about 5-7 about 2 were interested!! Gee... I could not believe it...

But this is just a first round. On the next level he should actually tell them how it works and many people will flake out.
His plan is sign up 10 people in 5 years. Imagine that - you work about 10 hours a week for 5 years doing the same CA....
It is very easy to go nuts when people who you signed up already will stop working for you....

Can anyone work for 10 hour a week, doing same CA and not go crazy? And it is not like being a salesman - you will not even know if you made a deal or not: people will flake out constantly....
This is a very tough gig really.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Amway made me rich

Originally posted by al77
I think it is not really a big deal ti sign up a couple of people. Any guy can have enough willpower to go and do CA to sing up 1-3 other guys. MLM do not advertise themselves on TV, their operations are basically hidden... and MLM "ads" are not passive TV commercials.. they are real guys who chase you until you cry "NO!!!!!" or sing up.
The point is that most people know Amway is a scam. The moment you say, "Amway", most people know to RUN, not walk, as far away as possible.

For every 1 aquitas you run into, there will be at least 40-50 intelligent people with common sense.

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
I will also say this for the record: if you want to be successful in business, joining Amway isn't the way, but it wouldn't hurt to figure out how they manage to brainwash people and turn them into little cult followers. THAT could really help a business-oriented person.

See, Amway makes future Zig Ziglars afterall. :D

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aztec
See, Amway makes future Zig Ziglars afterall. :D
Or little Tom Cruises.

Can't you just see some of these Amway fanatics jumping up on a couch and yelling?

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm.... Well if all you guys are saying IS true about Amway, then how is it that I have heard MANY people come on stage and speak about how 2 years ago they were where I am now, with people telling them Amway is a scam, that they were wasting their money, etc etc, yet they chose to be dedicated to it and now they are earning all this money. And again I say, IF I find out that this IS a scam, then its not like I am going to lose out on everything, because I am not spending lots and lots of money in it. I AM going to go with the flow and see how things go and see if it actually DOES give out the money it promises. If not, then fine? At least I can say I tried.

Giovanni Casanova: You can flame and insult me and all me names and so on all you want, it just proves to me more and more how much of a lowlife u are, that you find the need to flame people on some forum non-stop... but hey, if that’s what makes you feel good about yourself, maybe boost your confidence abit?:rolleyes: then have fun, flame away, call me names, tell me how idiotic I am, tell me I am stupid, tell me I have no common sence... At the end of the day you are wasting your energy (not that u have anything better to do with your time, but hey) ... So have fun;)

Too the rest of the people that replied to this thread, thanx for all of your input, much appreciated.

Laterz...

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ~ªêQµïTª$~
hmm.... Well if all you guys are saying IS true about Amway, then how is it that I have heard MANY people come on stage and speak about how 2 years ago they were where I am now, with people telling them Amway is a scam, that they were wasting their money, etc etc, yet they chose to be dedicated to it and now they are earning all this money.
Ever watch infomercials late at night or early in the morning? There are hundreds of people who will tell you that you can get big, rippling muscles... that you can become a millionaire overnight... that you can grow hair back... that you can take years off... and that you can become the most popular guy on the block.

You'll see the guy on TV that says, "I used to weigh 520 pounds! I was a fat slob that had to be wheeled around on a handcart! Then one day I tried Miracle Diet CQXL5000™! And when I woke up the next day, I was 190 pounds of lean muscle! It can happen to you too! Just call the number on the bottom of your screen! Have your credit card ready!"

Then you'll see the middle-aged couple say, "We were in debt up to our eyeballs. The bill collectors called every day. We didn't know what to do. So I ordered Roscoe's Super Awesome Get-Rich Quick Program™! Now, I work ten hours a week and last month I made over $30,000! I didn't think it could happen, but it happened! We'll never have to worry about money again!"

Then there will be some sad-sack looking dude on there saying, "I didn't think I would ever meet anyone. But then I called Singles Linkup Hotline™. Their expert computer matchmaking system hooked me up with the girl of my dreams. Now I am married to a supermodel! Call them today, and you could date supermodels too!"

Basically, I would recommend that you don't turn on your television after the Late Show gets over. You'd run up so much credit card debt that all the magical diamonds and gold and platinum that you think Amway will bring to you wouldn't be able to save you.

Bottom line: testimonials don't necessarily mean sh*t. Why? Because people can lie, first of all. Because people can exaggerate. And because your mileage can and probably will vary.

You don't have to believe me or any of the other guys who are telling you that Amway is a scam and is full of sh*t. You can learn for yourself, and it appears that you are going to. Whatever. This isn't like you're starting some risky but legitimate business venture and I'm being a naysayer. This is you saying something akin to, "I got this great email offer from a guy in Nigeria! I'm going to be rich!" and us telling you, "Watch out, it's a scam..." and you saying, "F*ck off!"

Giovanni Casanova: You can flame and insult me and all me names and so on all you want, it just proves to me more and more how much of a lowlife u are, that you find the need to flame people on some forum non-stop... but hey, if that’s what makes you feel good about yourself, maybe boost your confidence abit?:rolleyes: then have fun, flame away, call me names, tell me how idiotic I am, tell me I am stupid, tell me I have no common sence... At the end of the day you are wasting your energy (not that u have anything better to do with your time, but hey) ... So have fun
You started this thread AFTER you signed up with Amway, and when you asked about them you were only willing to hear things that went along with what you had already decided. That's pretty dumb.

It's one thing to get scammed when you don't know any better. But when you walk into a scam on purpose because you think you know better than everyone else, that's arrogant, stupid, and lacks common sense. That's why you're getting called those things. Instead of b*tching an crying and whining about being called names, why don't you stop BEING those things?

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You started this thread AFTER you signed up with Amway, and when you asked about them you were only willing to hear things that went along with what you had already decided. That's pretty dumb.
Its not that I was not willing to hear the negative things that were being said about Amway, it was that I heard otherwise FROM other people that are involved with Amway, and I was merely voicing what THEY said, and looking forward to seeing what you guys had to say about it, which most of the ppl here did. Then You came along and started flaming me, looking for stupid reasons for calling me a liar, and calling me an idiot for believing something that has apparently made many people rich, but alas, you, like anyone else here, are entitles to your own opinion, but when you reply in a hurtful way, as you have, that’s when posting on this forum doesn’t become fun anymore.. who wants to post on a forum with the fear that he/she needs to say everything 100% correct to the day or he/she will get the sh!t flamed out of them, and by a MODERATOR, which is meant to be setting an example:rolleyes: ... If you have something to say, say in a proper manner that is not insulting and/or hurtful... and If you were bought up being called all the names U have called me in this thread, then please, do try and NOT take it out on us here on the forums.

P.S.: If I was SO wrong about u being an @sshole mod/person on these forums, then why is it that MANY other posters here want u demoded? why is it that many posters here have complained about the same thing that u are doing to MY thread? .. oh let me guess what your excuse wiil be... "the truth hurts and they cant handle it" ? or some idiotic excuse along those lines?:rolleyes: *sigh* ...

... Anyways... For all of you that DID give constructive input to this thread, thanx again, I'll keep you guys updated;)

Laterz...

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Two points on this...

The movie "GO" had a great riff on the whole Amway lifestyle (William Fichtner was brilliant in his small part here).

Also, be wary of any organization that approaches people to participate in the business, but when you ask them about their business model, they insist that they have to "set up a meeting with you."
IMHO, any business that someone isn't willing to distill into a handful of crisp, concise sentences, as soon as you ask, is suspect.
Now, there are certain types of business entities that really do involve some hardcore explaining - hedge funds, arbitrage, exotic investments, etc but someone involved with those still shouldn't evade the question and demand a special sit-down just to educate you.
As for Amway being cultlike, I've had people attempt to recruit me for some oddball "youth church" using methods strikingly similar to Amway recruiting tactics.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IThen You came along and started flaming me, looking for stupid reasons for calling me a liar
The fact that you lied is not a stupid reason to call you a liar. You lied. I called you a liar. That's actually a pretty smart reason to call you a liar.

and calling me an idiot for believing something that has apparently made many people rich
Haha... yeah, the people at the top of the pyramid scheme that you've gotten yourself into. Newsflash: there are rich con-artists. And those rich con-artists will tell you all about how rich you too can become... right before they empty your bank account.

you reply in a hurtful way
You whine a lot.

who wants to post on a forum with the fear that he/she needs to say everything 100% correct to the day or he/she will get the sh!t flamed out of them
I mostly ignored your stupid Amway sh*t until you messed up and revealed that you had lied. Pretty much everyone was telling you Amway was a scam but you didn't care. You started this thread one day saying you were thinking about joining Amway, but you kept defending them every time someone said something bad about them. That's the behavior of someone who has gotten sucked into the cult already. Then, you reveal that you had already joined, before you even started the thread... in other words, you're a liar.

P.S.: If I was SO wrong about u being an @sshole mod/person on these forums, then why is it that MANY other posters here want u demoded?
First off, I've never said I'm not an assh*le... in fact, I've admitted it many times. I'm an assh*le particularly to people who deserve it -- like you. As for people who want me "demodded", they are idiots.

why is it that many posters here have complained about the same thing that u are doing to MY thread?
I don't know... maybe they are weak little whiny crybaby girls, too? For a site about how to be a man, there are an awful lot of people here whose first response to any criticism is to immediately start sobbing.

oh let me guess what your excuse wiil be... "the truth hurts and they cant handle it"?
Pretty much. And neither can you, as this thread proves quite nicely.

Let me tell you, the Amway people LOVE people like you. Gullible, belligerant, in total denial.

Oh, and by the way... there's a guy named Mister Jones who says he has some Kool-Ade for you to try.

(For those of you who don't get that reference, click here.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Equitas,

Yea, its a tough break. You paid for Amway, but your gut was telling you it was a bad idea.

To maybe get a little bit of hope from us, you posted here saying that you were "thinking" about it.

You weren't good at covering your tracks though, and the truth got out that you actually bought in to the Amway MLM system.

Now, I'm not going to call you an idiot like Gio or the others have been doing. What I'm going to do is give you a little advice:

Sure, you've made a mistake. Even you knew this before you posted - otherwise, why would you have posted? You knew something was amiss and you hoped that maybe you were wrong and we'd alleviate your concerns. But after reading what we have said, you were right after all, but don't want to admit your loss.

I'll be totally honest with you, and give you some really good advice:

Cut your losses. You paid money for Amway and found out after the fact that it was a scam. Sure that's a hefty sum of money to just abandon, but time is more expensive than money, and this Amway thing will be a big waste of your time.

Consider it money gained by abandoning Amway.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Giovanni Casanova: I have no time for your internet wars, flame me more if you like, call me more names, see if i give a sh!t;) My final words for u are "GO F*CK YOURSELF YOUU LOWLIFE WANNABE".

Luveno: I have not (yet) found out that/if Amway IS a scam, and until such time, I will stay in it. I am however, NOT planning on spending any money during this time. I have already told them that I will not buy the motivational tapes etc.

Thanx for your input, though, I'll keep you updated on how things go for me in my "journey" with Amway.

EDIT: P.S.: I did not lie about the times when i joined Amway etc, I wasnt thinking of the exact timing etc. When I posted the hread I had paid, but I had not yet told them that i was going to give my time and efforts towards them, I told them that I might only be able to give them my time and effort next year/end of this year, & thats when they told me that i should rather only join THEN, so i rethought it, and called them that day/evening and told them that i WOULD start now. Hope that cleared things up for you guys.

Laterz...

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have not (yet) found out that/if Amway IS a scam, and until such time, I will stay in it. I am however, NOT planning on spending any money during this time. I have already told them that I will not buy the motivational tapes etc.

Ok, before I comment, I bet you're wondering why I give a care about you joining amway? Essentially, I hate how "ethical" companies are run. I hate how these scam companies are run even more.
Call it blanket loathe for the businessworld(that still doesn't stop me from making money from it though).

Alright. So you say you don't know if its a scam yet. How can you not? There are countless accusations and reports criticizing what this company does. There are legal reprimands that if stacked would be as tall as Michael Jordan. Also, if you read up on economics, you would see that this kind of company just doesn't work, for a variety of valid mathematical reasons.

Add that to having to lose your family and friends' trust to even make a mediocre salary, and what you have is a royal waste of your money, time, and life.

I'd suggest spending your money on a financial planner and start investing.

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its a common thing for people who made a big decision to only listen to information that confirms their decision was the correct one.

Its not our money, so we shouldn't care, but take my word for it, I've done all the research there is on get rich quick schemes, and they are just not worth it. Think about it, if it was so easy for people to turn their lives around in a year or two don't you think everyone would be doing it?

If Amway, out of its hundreds of thousands if not millions, of sign ups succeeded for even just 1/2 of the people who signed up, don't you think everyone would be joining? Since they've been around for a long time, everyone would know at least 1 person who became rich off of Amway. But that's not the case, is it?

The case is actually that Amway and other MLMs are constantly being sued, and people are losing their life savings buying their "training materials" and "samples" and crap.

The fact of the matter is Amway products, like any MLM products, aren't cheap. You won't be getting wholesale prices on their stuff so that you can compete on price and make a profit. No sir, you will be getting prices that are akin to retail prices - for crappier products mind you - so it will be very difficult, actually no, it will be IMPOSSIBLE for you to resell at competitive prices, thus no one will buy from you.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah.... the replies I got from people DID make me open my eye's a lot more, which is why I am NOT going to count on it working NEARLY as much as I DID, but hey, I have nothing to lose by trying.. its not like I am giving up my life for it, its a side thing that i will just do on the odd occasion when I have the time to do it, and if something comes out of it, then great, if not (probable), then so be it, at least I tried;)

Thanx again guys :up:

Laterz...

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have nothing to lose by trying.. its not like I am giving up my life for it, its a side thing that i will just do on the odd occasion when I have the time to do it, and if something comes out of it, then great, if not (probable), then so be it, at least I tried;)
I take back everything I said about you... and I have a business deal that I'd like to interest you in.

See, I don't tell a lot of people this, but I'm a Nigerian prince. Bet that comes as a surprise. And see, I have $13 million just sitting in a bank account tied up by my corrupt government in Nigeria. So what I'd like to do is have you process that money through your bank account and then I'll cut you in for 40%. Just think... that's over $5 million dollars -- just to route the money through your bank account! Easy money! You could be rich while all those other people are slaving away, working their asses off for "the man". You could be on easy street.

Now, you might be thinking this is a scam, but there are people who have gotten rich just transferring money for me. So don't listen to all the naysayers, and don't listen to that little voice inside you that says you won't get rich this way. Just listen to what Joe Chenoweth, of Portland, Oregon has to say: "I was down on my luck and unemployed. I thought I would lose my house. But then Prince Giovanni Casanova of Nigeria came along! I thought he was bullsh*tting me at first, but now I'm a multi-millionaire! I just bought a mansion and a yacht! I'll never have to work again! Yippee! This could happen to you, too!"

Now, Joe is just one of my many success stories. You could be the next one. Just forward your bank account number to me through private message and by the end of this week you'll be richer than God.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ffs... I get your point!

Giovanni Casanova: i get your point, along with everyone elses point, which is why i said that I'm not betting on this working out for me and I am only going to do it on the side IN CASE it actually DOES work...

I am NOT going to count on it working NEARLY as much as I DID, but hey, I have nothing to lose by trying.. its not like I am giving up my life for it, its a side thing that i will just do on the odd occasion when I have the time to do it, and if something comes out of it, then great, if not (probable), then so be it, at least I tried
Laterz...

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: ffs... I get your point!

Giovanni Casanova: i get your point, along with everyone elses point, which is why i said that I'm not betting on this working out for me and I am only going to do it on the side IN CASE it actually DOES work...
I know, but you should also do this bank account thing for me just in case that actually works, too. Or can you afford to give up $5,200,000?