"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Am I too proud?

CharmingBastard

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 4, 2001
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
Finland
My situation is this:

I have been in an ltr for over 1.5 years now. We are both members in the same student's union and she is also a member of the executive committee. The union's
anniversary is coming soon, which involves a party where men will be wearing tailcoats, the ladies will wear gowns. We have planned to go there, and I get to sit at the table of honor because of her position(which I don't care a rats ass about anyway...).

So far this is all well and good but I recently found out that she might be expected to escort one of the older honorary members to our table, while the rest of the people stand at the tables until they have seated themselves. The way I see it is that I will have to stand there without my date and girlfriend waiting upon her damn pleasure to arrive there arm in arm with another man. I know it's a tradition and I recognize it as a nice gesture, but on the other hand I see it as a small insult against me and as a slight humiliation. There also an issue about her having to ask the others from the exec. earlier if it is allright if we two can sit together.

Now, I'm a prideful person and It's against my nature to let that kind of an insult pass, even if it is a small insult.
So I told her that I see it as an insult against me and that I will not take it, implying that in worst case I would make a protest by not going there and putting the student's union on my list of enemies. This resulted in a big fight between us where she was accusing me of being jealous and being too proud etc. and me saying stuff like "oh, I'm so ****ing sorry for having a spine".

We made up later but I'm still afraid that this situation might escalate to a point where I will have to dump her.

So anyway, what are your thoughts about this? Did I overreact like my gf said or do I have a healthy amount of "take no ****" attitude?
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Skel

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
1,721
Reaction score
10
ya doesent really sound like a big deal doooood. I dont think your too proud, I think your jealous. Lighten up a bit
 

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 8, 2003
Messages
2,028
Reaction score
31
Lighten the 'F' up -- please!!

You're not being prideful, you're being a CLASSIC AFC.

An AFC doesn't have control over his emotions, an AFC doesn't keep his composure in situations like these, an AFC loses his cool and gets mad at the woman, an AFC shows stupid jealousy over something menial like this.

You're being a big wimp -- sorry to be blunt, but that's what you are.

No. 1 -- No ONE is even going to remember who she escorted and why in this event.

No. 2 -- If they do remember they're going to see it as a formality as part of the ceremony, not some stupid boyfriend-girlfriend thing.

No. 3 -- The name of this website is SOSUAVE not souptight. Relax. You don't sound cool at all.
 

ToP DoN

Banned
Joined
Aug 25, 2003
Messages
180
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Location
San Francisco
? whats ur deal

who the **** cares...im sure everyone knows that she's doing it cause of tradition...if not..who the **** cares...id be pissed if we couldnt sit together...and she sat with the guy...but she will be back sitting with you
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

dollashort

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 25, 2003
Messages
71
Reaction score
1
Age
43
Location
bankstown
lighten up dawg. is this a dj writing this or some overly attached jealous chick, man
 

smooth666

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
136
Reaction score
1
No hei! Mitä kuuluu?

Dude, you really have to take the chill pill!

What is the deal here,it is just a eremony and nothing more. See it like acting on a stage. Be professional and REAL confident and GO there AND HAVE FUN.

cheers!
 

CharmingBastard

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 4, 2001
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
Finland
Yeah... You are right about me being uptight. I started thinking more about the whole think and realized how ****ing silly it is. Thanks for the replies.
 
Top