Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Am I being Beta???

DTim88

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey wassup guys I just had a quick question..Is this weak of me to feel kinda disrespected? I bought my gf a gift yesterday ( a vacuum) because she needed it... I get on my fb later in the day she posted a relationship meme saying she wants someone that's going to "Be
Proud to be with her"...I kinda felt like that was a slap In the face I didn't say anything about it.. But no lie I did act different towards her after..and after listening to her Convo while I was acting different ( I was testing her) it kinda made me think am I just be strung along..if I'm tripping let me know..I know your not supposed to take fb serious but she's notorious for being subliminal/sending shots on fb

DTim88

Don Juan
Reaction score
When she was trying to figure out why I was acting funny she did say something along the lines are upset because of that meme

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When she was trying to figure out why I was acting funny she did say something along the lines are upset because of that meme

I probably would go spin other plates. Lower her down to FB see how she likes being disrespected. When she brings up the meme just say "what are you talking about."

She obviously knows why you were upset and she is trying to draw you into a conflict.

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would you buy her a vacuum? If she wants clean floors she can buy her own vacuum.

How is she stringing you along? Are you getting secs?

As far as the meme goes I would ignore it. If she asks about it....laugh and say I go out in public with you and give her a kiss.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares what she posts, half these chicks just post dumb sh!t all day. She didn't make the meme did she?

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
yes you are being extremely beta. Ask yourself would james bond walk into a store, buy a vacuum cleaner and bring it over to give to some chick? LOL dude she doesnt respect you because her idea of a man isnt walking around buying laundry detergent an vacuum cleaners its a guy who comes home with a slut uniform from spencers gifts made out of fishnet for 15$ orders her to go put it on then smashes that ass with the force of thors hammer. so yes you are being beta.

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes...asking if something is beta is beta. If you were owning your own sh-t you wouldnt give a f-ck what her, us or anyone else thought.

FB is crap. Believing fb is dumb. It does also sound like you got a bit whiny crybaby over it. At least 2 years from now the vacuum cleaner will still suck for you.

DTim88

Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't realize it was lame to do things for your gf my bad.. She needed a vacuum cleaner so I decided to buy her one... At the same time if me n ole girl stopped talking I would be fine as well... Yall gotta get off this fake super alpha male stuff... I appreciate the feedback but some of y'all comments spew fake He-man

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am disappointed in everyone here, because there is not one single joke about vacuums sucking. I used to sell Kirbys a long time ago. The Kirby is so amazing, it will both suck and blow.

You're not wrong for buying a practical gift, but at the same time, she also wanted a gift that would make her feel attractive. I'd buy her a sexy dress to take her out in, so you could show her off. That's what she wants. I wouldn't spend much money, probably $20 or so. Spending money on a woman, money you have to blow already, is not AFC if it helps to sexually objectify her. Those gifts are good investments in your future sex life.

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Getting the vacuum cleaner if she needed one was cool.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
unless she posts a bunch of them you're fine, if she happens to just post one then she just came across one she likes

additionally, if she's the type to post these things normally you have nothing to worry about, now if a girl who doesn't normally post sappy girl meme crap suddenly starts sharing 3 memes about wanting a good boyfriend a day, that'd be a horrible sign

source: licensed dank memologist

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible belt has it right though. It was kind of you to buy her a vacuum cleaner and it WAS what she needed. The message it sends is 'domestic help'. How about going lingerie shopping because you find her so sexy and love to see her in her underwear. Be careful though, it could cost more than the vacuum cleaner.
NEVER choose clothes for women
You CANNOT win that game. There are too many variables that we just don't understand.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
House stuff are for women like clothes.

She needed a vaccuum but she wanted it h er way (you reminded her she's not clean). So you should have order her to shop it with you and than go for something sexy
(that value her)

A couple activity (especially if living together)

Otherwise, let her do her own stuff for the vaccuum if you guys not live together. And focus on her sexyness, especially if she' at your place

You did good but it lacked tack.

The même: 3 strike and she's gone ;)

Arcturus

Don Juan
Reaction score
I see buying the vacuum as being ALPHA. You see your woman in need and felt a natural urge to take care of her and sort the sh!t out in her life. She's not some random chick, but your girlfriend, so taking care of her at times is ok. As for the meme, she probably didn't even mean anything by it. Girls most really random tarded sh!t all the time. She could have been motivated by the lyrics to her fav song, agreed with the concept/meme in general. Don't be so paranoid or you really will become Beta.

You should be thinking:
I am the MAN, I don't care what she posts on facebook, I have better things to do with my time, such matters are far beneath me. My confidence in my power and control over her and the value I bring to her makes me absolutely secure in the relationship... "she couldn't do better."

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You obviously feel disrespected for her FB post right after going out of your way and doing something like this for her, right?

Is this weak of me to feel kinda disrespected?
In my opinion, it's not beta or weak to feel disrespected after something like this. However, your reaction to it will decide whether it's beta or not.

The next time she asks you to do something small for her, you should joke around with her: "No darling. I only do those things for girls who are proud to be with me."