"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Always have a back-up quarterback

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 8, 2003
Messages
2,028
Reaction score
31
The 49ers had Steve Young behind Joe Montana, the St. Louis Rams won with Trent Green or Kurt Warner or Mark Bolger. The Eagles won with A.J. Feeley filling in for Donovan McNabb. Get the idea?

How does this relate to life and DJism? Well, none of these teams saw injuries coming to their starting QBs, but they were prepared when it happened.

Now that backup QB may be another woman or it may be just another event for YOU to participate in. Example: I'm hoping to go to dinner with a hottie friend of mine on Thursday. She's a notorious flake and has bailed on some things in the past. Knowing this, I have a backup QB: I found a neat accoustic guitar concert on campus (I work at a college) the same time this gal may flake out on me. No biggie. If she flakes, I'm listening to good tunes, with or without her.

I used to wait for friends or girls to go with me to certain movies. Sometimes I had dates, but the times I waited for flakey girls or friends to go, the movie was gone and left town (I've lived in a lot of small towns, lack of theatres).

I discovered that if they're not going to go or put me off, I'd just pick up and go to the movie by myself. I don't care if people at the theatre thought I was a loner or weird, they don't know me anyway so why is their opinion important?

My backup QB was the movie -- by myself. I did what I wanted to do: see the movie!

Whether it's another woman or another event, ALWAYS have a backup QB.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
I usually do this when I ask a girl out (to hang out/date) it always seems to be THE GIRL that always flakes out on something simple like movies or mini-golf. I always have a couple dude friends to call up and ask if they wanna chill at a bar/pool or I just do something productive like clean my apt to working out.
 
Top