Alright enough of all this "pick up line, approach" bs

Kev07

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bay Area, California, Currently in SoCal (UCR)
Seriuosly, pick up lines are dumb, no matter how witty they are.

The BEST pick up line possible is something along " Hi, my name is...." and go from there.

The only type of first line you can say that could possibly beat that is if there is something situational you can comment on, but after you comment, you should probably follow through with "anyway my name is..." or something. be creative.

Pick up lines are bs.

kdnash82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree 100%. Pick up lines are cheesy. If anything, you should use situational openers. "Let me ask you something. How would you feel if, a guy you were dating did so and so, then blah blah blah"

I didn't ask her if I could ask her a question, then I went into a situation that she's can probably relate to. Pickup lines are stupid and should be avoided at all costs.

TheMaestro87

Don Juan
Reaction score
In my humble opinion, there is absolutely nothing that we (guys on this forum) can't use to our advantage. Personally, I love pick up lines. Using the cheesiest ones possible (not to open a conversation, but a little later) is a great way to get a laugh or break the ice. From how I've used them, it just has to be clear that what you're saying is just that: a pick up line.

woods

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The only pickup line that is proven to be successful is..."I like your shoes."
If you're talking and you're making her laugh already, then you can throw out some of the ruder ones, just to make her laugh more. I use them as jokes, and it works, never as an introductory line though.

Kev07

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bay Area, California, Currently in SoCal (UCR)
well i meant lines that you use to approach.

Also i guess Maestro found a fault in my post, overly cheesy pick up lines are pretty awesome, even though sometimes girls are too stupid to pick up that you're just being sarcastic

TheManlyMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kev07 said:

The BEST pick up line possible is something along " Hi, my name is...." and go from there.

The only type of first line you can say that could possibly beat that is if there is something situational you can comment on, but after you comment, you should probably follow through with "anyway my name is..." or something. be creative.

Pick up lines are bs.
The best pickup line is what is percieved NOT to be.

At a Superbowl party last weekend I was in another town. I knew no one and no one knew me; I was in for my cousin's birthday so I had a talk peice if all else failed, but I simply walked over and sat next to a reasonably attractive blonde and said

"so *eye contact* born n raised here?"

"yeah"

"thats awesome, I used to live here but now I'm in the city"

"which city?"

"you know my cousin (insert name)?"

"yeah hes a really cool guy we've been going to school together since like 8th grade"

"wow thats cool, this is your friend too?" *notioning towards the brunnette next to her (aka my target)*

All I'm getting to is that there should never be room for her to think anywhere outside of your "conversation sphere," if you will. It should be engaging, yet simple enough to allow her to run her eyes over you to size you up. During which time you should really have your A game up.

I ended up getting a lap dance from both the blonde and the brunette by the end of that party. Made out with the brunette, but had drank 3/4ths bottle of SKYY soon after so I blacked out and woke up with the blonde. :(

I really need to work on staying sober at parties...

oh and about 70% of situational openers that I've used have failed. I'm pretty ****ty at them and I come off like a perv.

Slevin

Don Juan
Reaction score
kdnash82 said:
If anything, you should use situational openers. "Let me ask you something. How would you feel if, a guy you were dating did so and so, then blah blah blah"
That is an opinion opener.

Messarger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kev07 said:

Pick up lines are bs.
So you're suggesting giving your name to the target before anything else? That's worse than "pick up" lines. You're not creating mystery by doing that, and she cant give you an ioi by asking for your name since you've already told her.