Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Alpha widow laments: Dear Therapist: I Still Obsess About My Ex From a Decade Ago - I’m 40 now, and I feel like a fool.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m a 40-year-old single woman. Never married, no children, and I’ve been struggling for years to get over my ex. He was my first love and we met when I was in my early 20s.
This was more than 10 years ago, and although my ex and I have occasionally stayed in touch, been intimate, and reconnected after a few years of separation, we have not been able to have a healthy relationship. I’ve tried to be honest about my wanting a different type of relationship with him, but he doesn’t seem to want that.
my opinion: This harridan wanted to secure an Alpha, but he was too Alpha to want to settle with her. She is the one that considers this relationship as not "healthy", whereas all he wants is a fork buddy. Now she is old and barren, having wasted her youth on hypergamy.

Last edited:

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But I bet she’s turned down and friend zoned SO many “good guys” before 40 because she thought her ex would magically come back oneday. She’s fvcked up her life but it’s your fault lol

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cant get any more alpha widow than that, this is further evidence that women are not made to have high mileage and should bond as soon as possible.

Billtx49

Reaction score
She seriously does need a therapist if she has that kind of posting incentive after wasting years of her life thinking about the One that got away…
You can bet her female friends group has told her to move on, as she’s probably still vocal about him. Alpha males can and do create female Oneitis…

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women have TONS of opportunity’s to meet, date and settle down with decent men in their prime years. We can’t help it that you chose to choose poorly in who you dated and we don’t feel sorry for you now.

I had a similar story to this. Liked this girl ALOT back in the day, thought I was getting somewhere and she laid the “I like you as a friend” bomb on me out of nowhere after 4 months. I cut all ties then and there. She reaches out to me about 3 years ago trying to catch up and “let’s get together, I miss our fun times and I miss you”. She was needing some validation bad. I simply said “I still feel the same way now as I did then, I’m not interested in friendship whatsoever and I told you that. Bye”. She changed her tune “I was immature and didn’t know what I wanted or had in you”. Sorry babe, one chance per lifetime per woman. That’s my rule. I can’t bend the rules for you.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

my opinion: This harridan wanted to secure an Alpha, but he was too Alpha to want to settle with her. She is the one that considers this relationship as not "healthy", whereas all he wants is a fork buddy. Now she is old and barren, having wasted her youth on hypergamy.

It will be a tale of cratered SMV and a barren waste land of crazy cat ladies.

I welcome the decline. I have no use for women after 25.Not saying I won't do it.

I don't do epiphany phase aka accidentally on purpose pregnancy.

My **** won't suck it self.

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got sympathy for this one

If you read article properly she gave him best years, wanted to settle and he refused

He's an immature fool and these "men" run like cowards from responsibility

They are just as responsible for societies decline as the feminists are

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score

If you read article properly she gave him best years, wanted to settle and he refused

Just because he doesn't want to settle he's now a fool?

I guess that makes you the mature one since you settled but keeps on chasing skirts to keep the wifey in check.

Somehow I too sympathise with your situation.

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just because he doesn't want to settle he's now a fool?

I guess that makes you the mature one since you settled but keeps on chasing skirts to keep the wifey in check.

Somehow I too sympathise with your situation.
I don't chase and I don't debate with ped0file sympathizers

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

“run like cowards from responsibility”

Because he didn’t want to follow her life plan for him, that makes him a coward?

-Augustus-

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
P

Psychologists say women are the happiest, when they are with their first lo love. Men are the happiest when they are with their 3 or 4th love. Women are hard wired to ruin their relationships by seeking better and seeking upgrades only to regret these decisions and then the look backwards to when they were happier. Looks like this article is some evidence towards that theory.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Life is all about choices you make. Nobody told her to chase someone that wasn’t going to settle down and pass over other guys. She chose to do that all on her own. It’s like a guy stuck in the friend zone but continues to chase a girl while passing over other girls that want more than just friendship. Then oneday he’s sitting around wondering why he’s all alone, well because you chose to be stupid and waste all your energy and time on a girl that was never going to see you more than as just a friend. Choices, life really is that easy.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think he was referring to a broader scope of younger men. Not so much this particular guy. Its not always the women. He is right there are a great number of lazy af guys who don't want to have responsibility.
By responsibility do you mean marriage and/or kids?

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think he was referring to a broader scope of younger men. Not so much this particular guy. Its not always the women. He is right there are a great number of lazy af guys who don't want to have responsibility.
Responsibility defined as what and by whom?

And just because a man might not want to marry or have children doesn’t mean he’s lazy.

-Augustus-

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
P

Psychologists say women are the happiest, when they are with their first lo love. Men are the happiest when they are with their 3 or 4th love. Women are hard wired to ruin their relationships by seeking better and seeking upgrades only to regret these decisions and then the look backwards to when they were happier. Looks like this article is some evidence towards that theory.
This is my observation. I’ve thought about it for years. Not that I care what psychologists think, but it is observable.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Nah bruv.... The moment that alpha, gave up his Freedom and settled for this cat lady, she would lose interest and toss him aside.

I rather be that Alpha.. And have these stuuuupid woman yearning for me... Than be the guy that gets tossed away and trashed away like a piece of garbage.

The very thing that has hooked this woman is, is the fact that she cannot tie him down.

He won't submit to her need to have him... This exactly what is keeping her Vag nice and moist.

The moment he settles for her.. GAME OVER

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah bruv.... The moment that alpha, gave up his Freedom and settled for this cat lady, she would lose interest and toss him aside.

I rather be that Alpha.. And have these stuuuupid woman yearning for me... Than be the guy that gets tossed away and trashed away like a piece of garbage.

The very thing that has hooked this woman is, is the fact that she cannot tie him down.

He won't submit to her need to have him... This exactly what is keeping her Vag nice and moist.

The moment he settles for her.. GAME OVER
Exactly what i was thinking.