"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

alpha male vs. beta male

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2004
Messages
537
Reaction score
0
And then there are the most dangerous guys, the ones that sit back and watch everything with a sharp eye, never leading but never following, claiming to despise power and leadership while doing their own powermongering...
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Virtú

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 12, 2004
Messages
193
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by diplomatic_lie
And then there are the most dangerous guys, the ones that sit back and watch everything with a sharp eye, never leading but never following, claiming to despise power and leadership while doing their own powermongering...
Dance, my puppets, dance!
 

seabreeze

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
522
Reaction score
2
Location
Long Beach
Boy! You guys are truly making some very good points here. It's helping me a lot. I don't think that I should necessarily be afraid of the beta male any more than the alpha. Actually, it doesn't really matter since I'm a woman and both types will naturally hold some advantage over me regardless. And maybe I should qualify what i mean by fear: I mean a certain respect for their ability to totally trip me out and hurt me really bad.
SB
 

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
1,576
Reaction score
3
Location
south west, uk
Seabreeze,

I'm suprised by what I'm reading, afraid of this, fear of that. Alpha, beta whatever, strikes me it's your internal game that needs attention.

Don't forget, only you give away your power to other people. And you don't have to if you don't want. ;)

And remember 'nice' can be a manipulation strategy too, so be afraid of nice people too, be very afraid:eek:
 

seabreeze

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
522
Reaction score
2
Location
Long Beach
Alpine,

I don't have any internal game, that's why I think I've been taken in my relationships. I shoot straight from the hip, but my few partners haven't. They have been VERY passive-aggressive. So, I've been burned bad by these so-called "nice guys." Thus, your nice comment is exactly what I am trying to say. But, I don't want to say that alpha male types are the ideal either. Just trying to be fair and balanced.
SB:)
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
1,576
Reaction score
3
Location
south west, uk
Seabreeze,

Sorry, my phrasing needs clarification. When I say 'your internal game' I didn't mean like you are playing a game.

What I meant was the way you think, and the way people's own inner thoughts effects their behaviour and impact on others.

All I'm trying to say is no one can hurt you if you don't let 'em. The only thing you can really have control over in any situation is your own thoughts.

Alpha/beta makes no odds, there will be good and bad for you with both.
 

Marcopolo

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
213
Reaction score
2
Location
California, the Bay Area
u have no idea of the topic at hand and your rather immature remarks do a disservice to anyone associated with you.
Why are you resorting to insults and calling me immature? What have I said here that others have not said, other than the fact that high school is not the real world? The one who resorts to name calling and insults is the one who is immature. Instead of doing this why don't you come up with something intelligent to say and tell me why I am wrong? I have been in the real world and you are still in high school. And it is my observation that the real world is different and much more complex than the social hierarchy that exists in most high schools.
 
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Marcopolo
Why are you resorting to insults and calling me immature? What have I said here that others have not said, other than the fact that high school is not the real world? The one who resorts to name calling and insults is the one who is immature. Instead of doing this why don't you come up with something intelligent to say and tell me why I am wrong? I have been in the real world and you are still in high school. And it is my observation that the real world is different and much more complex than the social hierarchy that exists in most high schools.
maybe u had a sad life in high school but most people dont live in high school, they live outside of school.
 
Top