"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Alpha BodyLanguage

sucks2bU

New Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2004
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Just had a quick question for all you PUAs out there. I've been into the art for about 10 months now and have noticed something about body language. We're all told to walk tall, confidently, maintain eye contact whenever someone looks in your direction and such. Well it seems like a lot of guys perceive me as a threat and just keep staring at me. Kinda like a stare down or something. Also, even when I haven't even met eyes with some dude they perceive me as a threat. For example, I was in 7-11 getting something to drink and some dude just walks straight in and right up to me and starts calling me out to a fight.
I was just wondering if I am headed in the right direction here?
Granted I hate fighting and such and try to avoid it at all costs, but is this the right vibe to be sending out. I'm thinking that they're perceiving me as an alpha and hence a threat to steal their girl or something. Also, I'm curious as to what women think when they see me. Am I sending out an attractive vibe and body language that women find attractive? and hence guys find me as a threat or something. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

wolfie

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
298
Reaction score
1
Have you tried smiling or easing your facial expression? You don't walk around with a stony scowl on your face do you.
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
If you MUST get into staring contests with strangers...give them a little nod when you make eye contact. Shows respect instead of challenge and isn't anti-macho at all. Give 'em that little "upward nod". :p
 

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
961
Reaction score
16
Location
Maryland
I had the same thing at this party this past weekend. Some girl was there with her boyfriend and she was giving me all kinds of EC. Then her bf noticed what she was going and started to stare at me.
 

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
1,576
Reaction score
3
Location
south west, uk
Paint,

How do you know it wasn't she was staring and he was making eye contact:D

Yeah, this is the trouble, if you go around as an alpha, you are bound to get challenges, especially if you don't quite match the alpha physique.

They think, 'I can do him over', just like other animals do. I'm not sure a smile or a nod will subdue.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

italostud

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2003
Messages
804
Reaction score
7
Age
45
Originally posted by squirrels
If you MUST get into staring contests with strangers...give them a little nod when you make eye contact. Shows respect instead of challenge and isn't anti-macho at all. Give 'em that little "upward nod". :p
Actually, I'm pretty sure an upward nod would be taken as a sign of aggression, like "WTF you lookin at". A downward nod would probably be better. And I can't believe i'm scientifically breaking down different nod types lol.
 

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
688
Reaction score
0
When I walk around, I don't make eye contact with anyone unless we're engaged in a conversation or about to be. My moves are slow, controlled, and I put this 'you all bore me' expression on my face (so I've been told). I won't look at you until I've deemed you worthy enough to have my glare fall upon you. :cool:
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Originally posted by squirrels
If you MUST get into staring contests with strangers...give them a little nod when you make eye contact. Shows respect instead of challenge and isn't anti-macho at all. Give 'em that little "upward nod". :p
Yeah this happened several times. I would walk on the street and this other guy would start staring right away as if challenging me and I kept staring at him. I don't want to start crap so I start nodding my head to dudes that think I'm threatening and I notice they start nodding their heads too as if they're cool with me for the time being.

Wtf is upward or downward nod? Just nod fools.
 
Top