Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Alpha > Beta? I believe it ain't necessarily so.

Anargyros

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's an accepted truth that Alpha > Beta. The Alpha is higher value than the Beta. The Beta should be less Beta and more Alpha.

I think that an alpha male is born an alpha male. If you have to learn to become one, then you are a Beta trying to learn to be an Alpha, but there's no way you gonna be 100% alpha because you weren't born that way, you aren't a natural.

I'm reading a lot this forum lately, and while I totally get the "Beta" and "Alpha" concepts, it seems to me that everyone here is looking forward to become an Alpha, which means we're NOT an alpha in the first place (I'm sure there are some authentic alphas here sharing their tips just to boost their egos, and that's great for us!). We are not alphas. We wanna be them. But is this learning experience about BECOMING an alpha or PRETENDING to be one...?

I also wonder if the Alpha and the Beta types have the same goals...

An authentic alpha male doesn't give a s*** about relationships and love. He wants no commitment. And that's great for women looking for sex with no commitment.

However the Beta cares about LOVE. He shows himself needy and weak. And it does make sense to be needy and weak if you get to LOVE someone, don't you?.

What if those girls in the thirties that everybody says they choose an AFC just to settle down, just figured they are READY for a meaning relationship, and they cried over the alpha guys before because they were immature little girls that weren't ready for true commitment yet fantasized about a relationship like they've seen in the romantic movies?.

What if "Beta behaviour" is actually something you can expertise and polish if you are after certain goals (like a LTR)?.

Just a point of view.

EDIT: I realize that posting something against the "mainstream" way of thinking here - with no reputation in the site, may come across as trolling. It's not the case.

Last edited:

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN3_urefvk4

Listen to the sexy lady and remember the three marketing buzz words she comes up with: bland, forgettable and replaceable.

Yes you can become an 'expert beta', but take it from someone who tried and failed; you're setting yourself up for an almost certain fall.

The general mantra for successful LTR's is 'Alpha with pepperings of beta'. Learn it and live it.

IBreatheSpears

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alphas have higher value than betas by definition. And in most species a beta is someone who will take over from the alpha if the latter dies, so yes, betas do become alphas. The other class who sometimes becomes an alpha is the gamma; usually the gamma its a lone wolf (or gorilla or whatever) who finds an existing group, challenges its alpha and, if it wins, takes over.

The way the "seduction community" generally views alphas and betas is wrong though. Betas are almost alphas but most seem to think of them as almost omegas, which are the bottom of the hierarchy. It's also worth noting that betas in nature get what they want more often than not.

@TheMonkeyKing
Read Rollo's recent post, The Myth of the Good Guy, re: "alpha with pepperings of beta". Also, giving up on something important to you because it seems futile and uncomfortable to pursue is a trait of der letzte Mensch. Nietzsche would be disappointed.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IBreatheSpears said:
@TheMonkeyKing
Read Rollo's recent post, The Myth of the Good Guy, re: "alpha with pepperings of beta". Also, giving up on something important to you because it seems futile and uncomfortable to pursue is a trait of der letzte Mensch. Nietzsche would be disappointed.

IBS, (sorry that was too good an opportunity to pass by :rolleyes: )

I read Rollo's entry. I guess I would be 'one of the (lucky few) guys able to offer genes and provisioning in the same male'....

Not really sure what you mean about futility and discomfort?

IBreatheSpears

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was referring to you saying that it's futile to try to be "expert beta". Futility is no reason to forget your dreams.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post, OP. You have to remember that the Alpha and Beta characters are largely theoretical in nature. People here talk about them like they are real, like an alpha male is almost an entirely different species. But as IBreatheSpears points out, alpha males are supplanted by beta males in nature all the time.

Men are all individuals, and they have a mix of traits. One might rise to the top by virtue of his own abilities, but also by a mix of luck and good timing as well. To think that anyone is wholly 100% Alpha is a little silly. And the truth is that the Beta gets the girl a lot of the time, for a variety of reasons. Maybe the woman sees the potential in him, maybe she appreciates his devotion, etc. Not every guy who has an affair with a woman and enjoys her company is a supplicating pvssy. He may have a good many manly qualities.

IBreatheSpears said:
The way the "seduction community" generally views alphas and betas is wrong though. Betas are almost alphas but most seem to think of them as almost omegas, which are the bottom of the hierarchy. It's also worth noting that betas in nature get what they want more often than not.
Totally agree.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I no longer dream of being an 'expert beta'. I suppose my previous comment was inaccurate. I ultimately triumphed in becoming 'expert beta'. Alas all I received for my trouble was three disastrous relationships.

The futility was not in the becoming, rather the being.

christoff522

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
All alpha means is becoming the best you that you can be. It means self-belief, it means respect for your values and opinions. It's believing that you are a worthwhile human being, and that you can achieve your dreams. It's not about screwing lots of hot girls. That comes as a bonus not as the aim.

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anargyros said:
(I'm sure there are some authentic alphas here sharing their tips just to boost their egos, and that's great for us!).
It's not really to boost ego, which doesn't need any boosting. It's more because we're nice guys:)

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
christoff522 said:
All alpha means is becoming the best you that you can be. It means self-belief, it means respect for your values and opinions. It's believing that you are a worthwhile human being, and that you can achieve your dreams. It's not about screwing lots of hot girls. That comes as a bonus not as the aim.
This is so spot on.

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too much of one or the other.. And your in trouble either way. You need a balance of both to have any signifigant LTR. Timing is key. More beta during the week before she bleeds (this is the week of most of their moodiness) and when she starts bleeding its time to up the alpha.

Alpha creates dopamine
Beta creates oxytocin

Dopamine = excitement
Oxytocin = relationship comfort

This is why women often bounce from alpha type to beta type when the alpha fails to create relationship comfort at the right time and then beta guy gets boring so she goes back again to alpha guy until she gets uncomfortable and insecure again. Rinse repeat.

The key is to learn BOTH alpha and beta TRAITS and apply them correctly.

Epi

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
christoff522 said:
All alpha means is becoming the best you that you can be. It means self-belief, it means respect for your values and opinions. It's believing that you are a worthwhile human being, and that you can achieve your dreams.
I disagree with this. Those are all admirable qualities, qualities we should all aspire to, but that's not what alpha means. The alpha in nature is the top male, the top dog. And women are attracted to the top male, because that shows that they can get the best male. In pickup terms, guys try to mimic the alpha's attitude toward women, which is basicallly an abundance mentality.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I disagree with this. Those are all admirable qualities, qualities we should all aspire to, but that's not what alpha means. The alpha in nature is the top male, the top dog. And women are attracted to the top male, because that shows that they can get the best male. In pickup terms, guys try to mimic the alpha's attitude toward women, which is basicallly an abundance mentality.

this

if you believe in the alpha male dichotomy than you believe women want the best. you doing your best ,does not mean it's THE best. women don't **** you becuase "you're really trying" lol

you can try to mimic the alpha male, and i'm a huge believer in self improvement, but that is not what makes an alpha male an alpha male

Evan

Don Juan
Reaction score
There are men who have stronger survival genes than others. Men who literally have to put little effort into looking good and seducing ladies. In today's world a man can do a great job in making himself an important man and a top dog. He may not be as smart or have the physical genes but he can work hard and achieve them. If a man dedicates himself in what he wants to do then he can do what he wants to do.

While there will always be a man who a women considers to be more alpha or dominate than you that doesn't have to stray you from your goals. It's not about women. It's about your goals and women want to help men reach their goals. It's in their biology. Just like it is to settle down with the most alpha man they can find. So men have to take advantage and find their true dreams and desires in life.

What I find most to be true is the people who own this and act on these desires are the men who are the most successful and also (if they want to) sleep with a lot of women. Because they are simply doing what they want to do and aren't waiting for others permission or to be given to them. While it's true that women are looking for certain men these qualities are not impossible to have. Its not impossible for an unattractive man to be attractive.

He just needs to make great change in his attitudes and to what he puts his time and energy on and also his relationship with women and people in general. That is what game truly is and while a lot of it is marketing bs there are many men who have come from no women at all to an abundance of them. They just put in the time and energy into themselves and also learned how to deal with women.

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Epimanes said:
More beta during the week before she bleeds (this is the week of most of their moodiness) and when she starts bleeding its time to up the alpha.
How about just being yourself all the time?

Anargyros

Don Juan
Reaction score
MidnightCity said:
i dont think so. take a kid born in a war torn country like sudan or columbia who gets "recruited" into rebel forces at the age of 10 and i assure you he will grow up to be the polar opposite of a kid born in a 1st world society like a liberal US state or somewhere in norway or sweden. the truth is humans are born as a ball of clay. you become what you are through your experiences and exposures. so if thats the case, then naturally you can choose to become who/how you want to be. one of the fundamentals of game. as you think you shall become. the problem here is that most AFCs dont want to change. this is why game cant be taught to everyone no matter how glaringly obvious it all becomes to those who take the red pill. "why dont my friends get it!" it takes great introspection and even greater will power to make the life long change.
Both things are true. You can't deny the power of education and social context. On the other hand, you can't deny the power of genes.

Here's a video of a 10 years kid playing Chopin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQYYT3qlTu4

I love one of the comments, it says:

"I am a 41 year old piano player, and I never learned this one that well. I have tried however. See my videos, and you can see for yourself. "

The "ball of clay" concept or blank slate is regarded as a myth by psychology

http://www.age-of-the-sage.org/scientist/stephen_pinker.html

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tictac said:
Alpha, beta..... isn't a 'thing'. It's a way of looking at and thinking about social behavior.
Exactly... It's not a good idea to live by titles anyway.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
By the OP's own declaration, Alpha is greater than Beta. You can't explain your way out of this. Sure, beta provides some advantages for the woman (namely by having no other choice but to stay with her), but if they outweighed the disadvantages, Beta would be Alpha, which it is not.

This reminds me of when someone says "If someone better came along, would you leave me?" The answer is yes! By definition of the word better, which you just declared the other person to be.

It's like saying worse is better than best. It's false. This is second place trophyism gone awry.

Anyone who has ever reached Alpha state (which is fleeting) has witnessed how women behave (or rather, how they misbehave). Trust me, it is much different than they do on your average day. An HB9 will walk up to an Alpha she never met and will just start making out with him. She will have unprotected sex with no questions asked. At a strip club, she will f*ck him first and negotiate how much he has to pay after. She will take a check.

amethyst

Don Juan
Reaction score
In a pack the strongest member is the one that will lead the group. Thinking we are all Beta is actually falling prey to what you have been force fed all your life. Why are people great, is it because they stars aligned or is it because they fought to get where they got. Think of Napoleon, was he an alpha because he just was or was he an alpha because he studied history, mathematics and politics to understand his enemies and defeat them.

Alphas are not the Brad Pitts of the world, they are the people you probably never heard of, people that have real influence in the world. Alpha is a state of mind. You can be handsome, strong, smart, and funny, and still be a beta. The reasons could be because you have been force fed that you are not good enough and you just stopped trying. Most of the greats had something to prove, read the story of Talleyrand, even if everyone sees you as a beta you can be an alpha if you work towards it.

Anyway, work towards becoming great, and in time, you will be an alpha because people will start following you. Don’t do it because what others think, do it for yourself because you deserve to be great.

Love,

Amethyst