Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

almost 29, am I getting too old to pick up girls 18-22?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you sincerely want to understand I can tell you more.
Yes, I do sincerely want to understand and I appreciated the explanation.

women from smaller cities are looking at men in better cities. The girls in New Jersey are looking at guys in Manhattan.
I can see that. Also, women in college can look at guys more easily outside of campus. If a woman attends a college in a bigger city, she can interact with men outside campus even more easily than in the pre-smartphone and pre-social media era. A good example of this would be UCLA and USC women dating more top tier Los Angeles men.

Their social media is a much more effective tool for hypergamy than their college network or anything they can do in real life.
Back in 2001-2005 when I was in undergrad, most women were limited to dating on-campus. Even in a place like Los Angeles, it was still less common for UCLA and USC students to be dating random Los Angeles men.

Women can get far more and far higher value options by using both swipe apps and Instagram. Instagram would be more of the higher value play.

the hottest women (girls that are 8s and above), know they are too hot to participate in regular dating.
I saw plenty of 8+ women in the 18-22 range on campus in my time in college.

There can even be 8+ women age 23 and even into early 30s.

8+ women who are 18-22 now have it easier dating outside of the college campus because of social media, mainly Instagram. Pre-social media, they could meet men in the city where their college was via nightlife, and a lot of 21-22 year olds did that. In cities like New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, and Miami, the nightlife plan worked. If it was 2003 and you were in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, that wasn't going to work.

instagram has given the top 10% of 30 - 40 year old men much more power in the dating market than 20 year olds because a 25 year guy has what on his profile? A few gym selfies, pictures with friends and the occasional cheap vacation. But a top 10% 37 year old is in the most expensive gym and spa in town 3 times a week, eating out at nice restaurants, taking pictures with high value people (eg if he’s a surgeon, taking pics with other surgeons at conferences) has a crib, sports car , possible in better shape and 10 years worth of accomplishments to post about on his page (vs the 25 year old who’s future is uncertain)
Who do you think she’s going to be chasing
The bottom 90% of 30-40 year old men are fighting hard for pussie options close to their own age, not the 18-24s.

Your point about the top 10% of 30-40 year olds would be valid. Agree with all the examples you used. Those are good details.

Borknagar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just curious about this, as this is generally the age bracket I'm most physically attacted to. However, as I'm nearing 30, I'm wondering how realistic it is to be hooking up with girls this young on a regular basis.
At 31 I had an 18 year old, at 33 I had a 19 year old at 31 I had a 20 year old at 32 I had a 21. I'm rationally sure there's more.

Now I'm 44 and out of the game for years and have been struggling with anxiety. It's literally only been the last couple weeks after I've got help on that that I'm feeling the same way I did years ago but actually better.

But either way. The more you doubt yourself the more you'll have failure. I need to tell myself this all the time but it's true.

You're topic is age, someone could also ask "I'm 35, I just make 20 an hour in a factory and live with a roommate and drive a **** car", the subject being money.

Now your subject isn't so depressing, but the advice is pretty much the same.