"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

All this talk of Purpose is getting me confused.

Knight of Roses

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 17, 2018
Messages
296
Reaction score
276
Age
40
I hear it all the time: "Focus on the grind, your purpose, blah blah"

Thing is, I already make good money, working 40-50 hrs a week. So I got plenty of ample time left over, in which often times, I get bored af. But you know, its a job, a white collar job for which I went to school for. But like everything else in life, sh1t gets boring after you do it for so long.

So question is, does this purpose thing apply to me too? I mean, what am I suppose to do? Focus on making more money by working 60-70 hrs a week? I mean, I don't really want to work that many hours, LoL.

Or does Purpose apply to hobbies as well such as gym, golf, etc?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,863
Reaction score
19,088
I hear it all the time: "Focus on the grind, your purpose, blah blah"

Thing is, I already make good money, working 40-50 hrs a week. So I got plenty of ample time left over, in which often times, I get bored af. But you know, its a job, a white collar job for which I went to school for. But like everything else in life, sh1t gets boring after you do it for so long.

So question is, does this purpose thing apply to me too? I mean, what am I suppose to do? Focus on making more money by working 60-70 hrs a week? I mean, I don't really want to work that many hours, LoL.

Or does Purpose apply to hobbies as well such as gym, golf, etc?
Read The Alchemist if you haven't already. It may help you tremendously. I know it did with me.
 

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Messages
4,210
Reaction score
4,701
Age
46
I hear it all the time: "Focus on the grind, your purpose, blah blah"

Thing is, I already make good money, working 40-50 hrs a week. So I got plenty of ample time left over, in which often times, I get bored af. But you know, its a job, a white collar job for which I went to school for. But like everything else in life, sh1t gets boring after you do it for so long.

So question is, does this purpose thing apply to me too? I mean, what am I suppose to do? Focus on making more money by working 60-70 hrs a week? I mean, I don't really want to work that many hours, LoL.

Or does Purpose apply to hobbies as well such as gym, golf, etc?
If your "purpose" is to bang hot broads then focus on that.
 

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2018
Messages
1,573
Reaction score
3,272
Age
50
You need a PASSION in life. Not women. And ideally it is your career but few are fortunate enough, brave enough, or woke enough to line that up (and there is risk in trying, by leaving a well paying career aside, only to find out it isn’t what you thought would make you happy). So you can have a career that isn’t your purpose, but you need an outlet for your creative energy and passion. That could be hobbies, volunteer work, etc. If you have nothing like that, you need to do some soul searching.
 

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Messages
4,210
Reaction score
4,701
Age
46
Like everything in life, you need to have balance. If you focus too much on women, you can forget everything else that is important to have a happy life and this can make you miserable and even less successful with them in a downward spiral. But on the other hand you can´t totally ignore women and expect them to just come to you, because they won´t - the vast majority of women are extremely passive.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 22, 2017
Messages
1,430
Reaction score
1,814
A very valid question.

I can give you an example from my life.

Survival and replication is the only purpose of any form of life.

Yet we are all going to die.

Maximising my chances of survival and replication is the only purpose I have.

Health
Wealth
Love

is the holy trifecta.

Health -

I workout daily, cook all my own meals, no junk, just wholesome food, lost over 100 pounds.

My purpose health wise is to reach my genetic potential muscle size wise with around 10% body fat.

I get blood work done routinely and invested in comprehensive medical insurance.

Wealth -

I have two degrees, paid for by the government, I'm flying abroad '21 for a research degree in a field im very enthusiastic about.

I aim to start making over $200k/annum after '23.

Save up/invest/compound enough to retire by 45 with some passive source of income.

Love -

My purpose is to experience abundance in terms of my love life, whilst expanding my social connections and status.

Contrary to the advice on these forums, I'm not interested in increasing my kill count.

Instead I want to develop meaningful long term connections with people and just understand human nature.

During this process I want to travel and experience the world, different people and their culture.
 

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
8,390
Reaction score
5,132
Location
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
If your passion turns out to be your job or business, great. Otherwise, a job or business that you LIKE is fine. Then you can save that passion for a hobby, and you won't get sick of that hobby because it won't be associated with the stress of work lol.

But yes, your "purpose" can have multiple facets to it. It can have work goals, money goals, health/fitness goals, relationship goals, hobby goals, etc. Just don't spread yourself TOO thin.
 

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 4, 2018
Messages
4,116
Reaction score
3,611
Location
California
I hear it all the time: "Focus on the grind, your purpose, blah blah"

Thing is, I already make good money, working 40-50 hrs a week. So I got plenty of ample time left over, in which often times, I get bored af. But you know, its a job, a white collar job for which I went to school for. But like everything else in life, sh1t gets boring after you do it for so long.

So question is, does this purpose thing apply to me too? I mean, what am I suppose to do? Focus on making more money by working 60-70 hrs a week? I mean, I don't really want to work that many hours, LoL.

Or does Purpose apply to hobbies as well such as gym, golf, etc?
Find a woman(-en). Girls take up a lot if time.
 
Top