Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Alcohol doesn’t go down like it used to

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes, at around your age.

The sweet spot for the "buzz" between sober and too self-conscious and too drunk to communicate effectively gets narrower and narrower as you get older. Sometimes it only lasts a few minutes, literally.

This is partially tied into the increasingly bad hangovers. Mine last 2 days now. If Im drinking regularly (I dont anymore) I sober up and start hangover symptoms like irritability and anxiety WHILE DRINKING and I have to drink fast to outpace them. Beer hardly can be drunk fast enough.

Your mental faculties get worn down with continued drinking. Im no longer more charming Even with the social anxiety reduced from alcohol, you'll find that you might even be more outgoing before you even take your first sip because you feel more confident in your thought processes. Almost the opposite result from when you were drinking younger and you were reasonably sharp even under the influence, or the alcohol even allowed you to be more intellectually flexible/experimental/reactive. Add in the added fatigue and generally boring demeanor with age, and alcohol just exacerbates your social negatives at a certain age in my opinion.

You start to resent yourself for abusing your body and brain when you drink rather than having fonder memories. Drinking when older doesnt have the level of energy it did when younger, when you felt a false sense of accomplishment and were surrounding yourself with attractive women.
Vitamin B5 along with activated charcoal taken before drinking can greatly reduce hangovers.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the UK binge drinking culture is still one of the strongest cultures here

During the weekend people of all ages like to drink like its their last day on earth

"going out for the sake of it" stopped appealing to me by about 26

now i am 30 i will need a lot of convincing to go out and would much rather spend my time making money or watching tv in bed with a takeaway

When i do go out i find myself being sick the next day and bed bound for at least 12 hours i just can't afford that kind of downtime for nothing

My Girlfriend (23) has started to see the light and enjoys staying in now too

We will share a bottle of wine in bed or something got no problem with that
You are right about binge culture. I’m 40 and I have a kid. I find it’s even stronger in the middle classes.
Now with a fam the idea of going on a coke and alcohol bender is laughable with all the projects and work I’ve got. I’ve got friends, couples, who still get on it.

main reason I’m in a better place is I deliberately have always chosen women who were drink and drug free. I was ab absolute animal for booze and drugs and having a total ban on it is very good for me.

I get drunk about 5 times a year and only do Charlie if I’m offered….back in the dark days it was all weekend, then a week of depression, then all weekend againZ

It is NO LIFE at all.

To return to OP point.

someone said beer can’t get them there - and I agree. I can drink it indefinitely.

what I do now is always drink 3-4% beer. You never even approach tipsy. So you can have a beer and not seem a choirboy but not actually drink.

however, I am a firm believer in allowing yourself a drink:

- new workmates or friends. Get them smashed, you can’t trust anyone you haven’t been drunk with!

- Christmas and birthday

- Special events - sporting, an amazing restaurant.

The odd piss up I find the day after, yes it’s a hangover but it clears out a lot of my muddled thoughts. Can’t explain other way, it’s like a little holiday from existence and you return with vigour to get back on track.

this only happens if you don’t make a tit out of yourself and you drink water before bed with no kebab. Water is key, 2 pints before bed makes all the difference.

a salty meal when drunk and straight to bed - you’re gonna have a bad time

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are right about binge culture. I’m 40 and I have a kid. I find it’s even stronger in the middle classes.
Now with a fam the idea of going on a coke and alcohol bender is laughable with all the projects and work I’ve got. I’ve got friends, couples, who still get on it.

main reason I’m in a better place is I deliberately have always chosen women who were drink and drug free. I was ab absolute animal for booze and drugs and having a total ban on it is very good for me.

I get drunk about 5 times a year and only do Charlie if I’m offered….back in the dark days it was all weekend, then a week of depression, then all weekend againZ

It is NO LIFE at all.

To return to OP point.

someone said beer can’t get them there - and I agree. I can drink it indefinitely.

what I do now is always drink 3-4% beer. You never even approach tipsy. So you can have a beer and not seem a choirboy but not actually drink.

however, I am a firm believer in allowing yourself a drink:

- new workmates or friends. Get them smashed, you can’t trust anyone you haven’t been drunk with!

- Christmas and birthday

- Special events - sporting, an amazing restaurant.

The odd piss up I find the day after, yes it’s a hangover but it clears out a lot of my muddled thoughts. Can’t explain other way, it’s like a little holiday from existence and you return with vigour to get back on track.

this only happens if you don’t make a tit out of yourself and you drink water before bed with no kebab. Water is key, 2 pints before bed makes all the difference.

a salty meal when drunk and straight to bed - you’re gonna have a bad time

I have done my fair share of drugs but i can hand on my heart say cocaine is the most underwhelming experience of them all

You get perhaps a 15 min buzz and then spend the rest of the night just relentlessly planning to both do more and acquire more

the worst thing is after a few lines the effects almost completely wear off you can't even get drunk on it

so you get these people who are obsessed with trying to get the high back trying to smash gram lines in

it gets to a stage where there is no higher you can go , your just on a perpetual come down and burning money for the sake of it

Same with alcohol really

In very constrained moderation its acceptable but overall the lifestyle just doesn't appeal to me any longer

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have done my fair share of drugs but i can hand on my heart say cocaine is the most underwhelming experience of them all

You get perhaps a 15 min buzz and then spend the rest of the night just relentlessly planning to both do more and acquire more

the worst thing is after a few lines the effects almost completely wear off you can't even get drunk on it

so you get these people who are obsessed with trying to get the high back trying to smash gram lines in

it gets to a stage where there is no higher you can go , your just on a perpetual come down and burning money for the sake of it

Same with alcohol really

In very constrained moderation its acceptable but overall the lifestyle just doesn't appeal to me any longer
I think you were getting heavily stepped on supply. I could get direct import, close to 90% and in a whole night 0.4 was overwhelming.

most street stuff, especially back in the day was 10-30%. 50% was really really good.

the stuff I got was double the price almost but a totally different experience.

I mainly went off it because of comedowns. That horrible feeling at 7am when you hear birdsong and you realise you did it again, and you now have 12 hours of agony. The first 3 being hell like.

i used to find at this point a half bottle of rum used to be useful, literally drink it away.

keeping that up every weekend is no life to lead.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alcohol sucks, it's a ****ty drug. All it does for me nowadays is make lethargic and slow. It's only enjoyable if I binge drink or combine it with caffeine, but I rarely ever do that unless it's a very special occassion.

There are much more enjoyable drugs than alcohol.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you were getting heavily stepped on supply. I could get direct import, close to 90% and in a whole night 0.4 was overwhelming.

most street stuff, especially back in the day was 10-30%. 50% was really really good.

the stuff I got was double the price almost but a totally different experience.

I mainly went off it because of comedowns. That horrible feeling at 7am when you hear birdsong and you realise you did it again, and you now have 12 hours of agony. The first 3 being hell like.

i used to find at this point a half bottle of rum used to be useful, literally drink it away.

keeping that up every weekend is no life to lead.
Highly likely , ive seen mates sniff actual washing powder before now lol

but i doubt you would find much cocaine on the streets with a purity beyond 15% these days

The UK cocaine supply side is very swollen this means dealers need too get creative when cutting

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Same with alcohol really

Agreed, a 30 minute buzz at best. I've tried it more than half a dozen times, best experience was when it instantly cured a rotten hangover.

Have you tried LSD? That's a 12hr rollercoaster.... once your on, you can't get off.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed, a 30 minute buzz at best. I've tried it more than half a dozen times, best experience was when it instantly cured a rotten hangover.

Have you tried LSD? That's a 12hr rollercoaster.... once your on, you can't get off.

Un wittingly Did a tab of 2CB in my early 20's put me off psychedelics for life

jafman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I only drink on special occasions. When I do I only drink vodka neat. In between those shots I drink water or maybe tonic water. Coffee black if they serve it. Never have a hang over. Most of the cause of the feelings you have during and after are due e to what you are drinking and how.

Smok1nAce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The chemistry of your body has to be just right for alcohol.

The only people who enjoy alchool nowadays are normmaly very unhealthy people.