Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Alcohol does kill your brain cells

Gstring

Banned
Reaction score
If you google now and do your research you will end up with conflicting evidence, they say alcohol does not kill your brain cells, only neurons are affected, etc, etc.. I am here to tell you from my experience, alcohol does kill your brain cells or affect your neurons or whatever. It has a negative effect on your brain. You can always distinguish people that consumed alcohol, they are unable to clearly express their thoughts and they speak a certain way, this is because of all the brain damage.

Here are videos of two brain damaged alcoholics. Pay attention. They both are brain damaged.

You are not going to get brain damaged overnight. It takes many cycles of your brain getting smaller and bigger, many cycles of inner-skull pressure, many cycles of hungover.

Alchol is problematic in this way, have fun with it every weekend for several years, and you will notice problems. If you have to wake up with a hung over you will notice problems. We always imagine that alcohol addiction looks somehow when the guy is drinking heavily everyday, but that is false. Addiction is when you drink at least 1 time per week more than two beers, or more than two shots. Addiction is when your brain tells you I WANT MORE and you go and get more. Sevear signs of addiction is when you are affected on the next morning, you hung over, your inner-skull pressure hurting you, because your brain has shrunken -- alcohol is more caloric than fat and to process all that energy your body needs water, and it takes this water from the cells in your body, including your brain, this is why you get hung over, your brain becomes smaller in size and there is an inner-skull pressure.

So alcohol addiction is not what you imagined.

Brain damage from alcohol is not what you imagined.

Now I'm going to tell you how brain damage from alcohol feels like. You can actually feel it in your head. Areas are:

And you feel those areas.

The saddest thing though, when you having a conversation you realize you are dumber than you were several years ago. Your brain works slower and you notice it when you get lost in your words. This is why alcoholics are agreeable. You tend to agree with whatever being said just to get out of situation quicker.

Will this thread make you stop drinking? Probably not. But perhaps it will make you realize there are serious effects from drinking.

The most important thing is this -- when you are drinking, and you want more, realize this is a first sign of alcoholism. When you drank a beer and you want more, this is your problem. When you drank 2nd one and you say whatever, you want more, this is your problem. When you put a limit on yourself, 3 drinks, and you end up with more at the bar, and a six pack at home, this is a sevear problem. When you have to wake up the next morning with hung over, you are killing a lot of your brain right there.

Do not believe people telling you alcohol is not dangerous, there are is no scientific evidence that it hurts you, the fact of life is the opposite.

deadmasterx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly I never get why people drink or smoke.

The best thing is to listen their excuses.
"It tastes good" - No, it doesn't
"I like drinking to have a good time" - How boring you must be, then
"I drink because I want to get more connected with my friends" - Well, it says a lot about your personality...
"Because I want to get crazy" - That's a good excuse, but losing control is not a masculine behaviour

Smokers doesn't even try to justify, most of the people I know in my age started smoking because they thought it was cool. I can see from some years on that they'll get so addicted that it will be destroying their life. It's sad to see, honestly, but it's the truth. The only good excuse I ever heard from a smoker is "I smoke because I can't stop doing it", which is heartbreaking true.

So you'll always notice a pattern, that usually start when people are more willing to do **** (post breakups, adolescence, etc)
1) I'll try it because my friends are trying
2) I'll try it because I think it's cool
3) I'll try it because I'm too sad and want to disconect with reality
4) I'll try it because I need to open myself up (and can't do this by myself)

Use your money to invest on good things for you, lads. Alcohol and cigarettes won't bring you anywhere. Your body is your temple, show it some respect.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I drink and smoke, and have found moderation to be the key. I enjoy being buzzed. I rarely am hungover. I drink 1-2 drinks, 4-5 times a week. I only smoke here and there, it's much harder to control. I generally find if I buy a pack of smokes, I smoke them quickly so I have to keep that in check. Perhaps it is a degree of medication, but I don't care, it makes life better for me. I would do more drugs if they were legal and I didn't have to worry about my job.

I would tend to agree that being hungover signals that you went to excess, and is more harmful.

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
alcohol is more caloric than fat and to process all that energy your body needs water, and it takes this water from the cells in your body, including your brain, this is why you get hung over, your brain becomes smaller in size and there is an inner-skull pressure.
Drink water in between drinks. and get in set talking with girls. standing around waiting for the alcohol effect to hit is what triggers more drinking.
Your brain works slower and you notice it when you get lost in your words.
I've been drinking since I was 21 and ironically I feel my brain works a million times faster than before I drank (obvi causation =/= correlation. It wasn't the alcohol that made my brain work faster, but it didn't slow it down either). just gotta feed ur brain the nutrients it needs to function at 100% tbh

via Deep Nutrition.
Honestly I never get why people drink
14:15 - 15:45
(inb4, "JMULV???" ya this are legit points tho)

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ya obvi that guy drinks wayyy too much (I'll assume doesn't work out/eats like sht too). my face doesn't look like that tho.

Gstring

Banned
Reaction score
I drink and smoke, and have found moderation to be the key.
This is bull****. Eventually, you are going to notice something is up with you. Enough neurons in your brain die you will notice. Then they are going to make new connection. But guess what, your brain will never be the same, YOU WILL NEVER be the same. Because neurons do not connect the same way they used to be connected. Just give it time.

I've been drinking since I was 21 and ironically I feel my brain works a million times faster
Another load of BS. You are 27, so you been drinking 6 years. Wait until you mid 30s. Give it another 6 years.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you google now and do your research you will end up with conflicting evidence, they say alcohol does not kill your brain cells, only neurons are affected, etc, etc.. I am here to tell you from my experience, alcohol does kill your brain cells or affect your neurons or whatever. It has a negative effect on your brain. You can always distinguish people that consumed alcohol, they are unable to clearly express their thoughts and they speak a certain way, this is because of all the brain damage.

Here are videos of two brain damaged alcoholics. Pay attention. They both are brain damaged.

You are not going to get brain damaged overnight. It takes many cycles of your brain getting smaller and bigger, many cycles of inner-skull pressure, many cycles of hungover.

Alchol is problematic in this way, have fun with it every weekend for several years, and you will notice problems. If you have to wake up with a hung over you will notice problems. We always imagine that alcohol addiction looks somehow when the guy is drinking heavily everyday, but that is false. Addiction is when you drink at least 1 time per week more than two beers, or more than two shots. Addiction is when your brain tells you I WANT MORE and you go and get more. Sevear signs of addiction is when you are affected on the next morning, you hung over, your inner-skull pressure hurting you, because your brain has shrunken -- alcohol is more caloric than fat and to process all that energy your body needs water, and it takes this water from the cells in your body, including your brain, this is why you get hung over, your brain becomes smaller in size and there is an inner-skull pressure.

Now I'm going to tell you how brain damage from alcohol feels like. You can actually feel it in your head. Areas are:

The saddest thing though, when you having a conversation you realize you are dumber than you were several years ago. Your brain works slower and you notice it when you get lost in your words. This is why alcoholics are agreeable. You tend to agree with whatever being said just to get out of situation quicker.

Will this thread make you stop drinking? Probably not. But perhaps it will make you realize there are serious effects from drinking.

The most important thing is this -- when you are drinking, and you want more, realize this is a first sign of alcoholism. When you drank a beer and you want more, this is your problem. When you drank 2nd one and you say whatever, you want more, this is your problem. When you put a limit on yourself, 3 drinks, and you end up with more at the bar, and a six pack at home, this is a sevear problem. When you have to wake up the next morning with hung over, you are killing a lot of your brain right there.

Do not believe people telling you alcohol is not dangerous, there are is no scientific evidence that it hurts you, the fact of life is the opposite.
The fact is, a lot of external factors can kill your brain cells. And that is way more noticeable if you don't consistently and continuously exercise your brain.

Should you stop drinking altogether? It obviously will help with mental sharpness and physical health but it will not make you smarter. You still have to exercise and challenge the brain.

Should you stop smoking? Yes, that is right down senseless.

Drinking for us is not a problem, if you can control yourself, it's not an every-week thing, drink lots of water, and exercise your brain.

The major thing for us to practice something called neuroplasticity on a regular basis. And that can come is various shapes and forms, the most known are positive affirmations and meditation. The brain is a very complex mechanism, we can't even begin to realize the power of the brain and how many unmade and untouched connections we currently have. Hence why we advocate for continuously exercising and challenging your brain and the way you see "reality".

The bottom line, alcohol consumption is not ideal for the body. Period. But in relative terms, it is not going to kill you unless you do not have control over it. If it takes control over you, you are pretty much in for hell on Earth. The withdrawals of Alcoholism are worse than those of heroin.

Modern Man Advice

Grinderman

Banned
Reaction score
Here are videos of two brain damaged alcoholics.
Dumb. The guy in the second video is not an alcoholic, he's fvcking TEETOTAL the best part of a decade which kind of undermines your whole argument. He runs a business making money from people who don't realize they can quit for good or moderate in any moment they so choose. He's out there doing trecking in the south of Spain where he lives living off youtube hits, coaching videos and coaching calls (as well as a couple of books)

Don't know how you can class someone an alcoholic when they haven't consumed a drop in nearly a decade.

Hardly brain damaged. Running a business with a fan base on youtube...

The first guy mentioned being a stoner from what I watched. In fairness he sounds like the result of a thousand years of cousin fvcking rather than a braindead alcoholic.

lazy and dishonest research to "back up" your "points"

Grinderman

Banned
Reaction score
I would tend to agree that being hungover signals that you went to excess, and is more harmful.
Totally. Remembering that the pendulum must swing equally both ways.

They key to moderation is keeping your blood alcohol level below 30%.

christie

Banned
Reaction score

Thanks for your effort in creating this thread. Good community service.
Respect to the second video creator for exercising while speaking. Good point he made about wet brain being similar to being drunk all the time.

I can see how they are both braindamaged.

There are many more people braindamaged from alcohol than healthy Gstring. It is a lonely path to be an abstainer of alcohol and its frustrating when others don't see how unhealthy it is.

Grinderman

Banned
Reaction score
You can always tell alcoholic apart, they look and act differently. Look at his face, he used to drink heavily.
Somebody who doesn't drink alcohol, who isn't dependent on alcohol, who doesn't abuse alcohol.......is....wait for it.......it's not rocket science.......are you ready......NOT A FVCKING ALCOHOLIC you numpty. What about his face....he's a guy in his fvcking fifties, it's called the aging process. He also lives in the south of Spain and spends a lot of time OUTDOORS, that will have an effect on your skin. There are plenty of people who abused alcohol and/or drugs in the past, have left that lift behind and gone on to transform themselves physically and financially....running marathons, businesses, traveling the world. Overcoming. Also the other guy might just be a poorly educated good ol redneck boy. Doesn't necessarily mean that the guy is braindead from alcohol consumption as you so arrogantly state.

There's something going on with you in this thread. Look at your attitude in putting down the two posters who shared their experiences and opinions. Rather than engage in a conversation with the two posters (if your intentions were, like someone mentioned, "a community service") you just disparaged them with "that's bull****e". Inability to listen to listen to others reveals a self righteous, arrogant frame of mind with hubris clearly at the reigns. (Self righteous like a lot of former alcoholics, wouldn't surprise me if you were part of the aa cult)

I can see how they are both braindamaged.
.....So you're a doctor now.

its frustrating when others don't see how unhealthy it is.
Why concern yourself what others are doing. Revealing your codependent, controlling nature here...

It is a lonely path to be an abstainer
Martyr.

This guy's intentions are not good. It's the self-righteous retort of the former alcoholic/ converted to the aa cult.

For you aa'ers out there:

The best thing is to listen their excuses.
"It tastes good" - No, it doesn't
"I like drinking to have a good time" - How boring you must be, then
"I drink because I want to get more connected with my friends" - Well, it says a lot about your personality...
"Because I want to get crazy" - That's a good excuse, but losing control is not a masculine behaviour
Never heard anybody say those excuses. It must be because I don't bother putting them on the spot interrogating them about their habits while out having a good time. Let me tell you this: if you are having these conversations with your "friends", they all secretly despise you and you are a fvcking bore to be having these convos (secretly despise you, but if you opened your ears and eyes and closed your fvcking mouth for two minutes, you would observe their contempt for you bubbling beneath the surface.

christie

Banned
Reaction score
Somebody who doesn't drink alcohol, who isn't dependent on alcohol, who doesn't abuse alcohol.......is....wait for it.......it's not rocket science.......are you ready......NOT A FVCKING ALCOHOLIC you numpty. What about his face....he's a guy in his fvcking fifties, it's called the aging process. He also lives in the south of Spain and spends a lot of time OUTDOORS, that will have an effect on your skin. There are plenty of people who abused alcohol and/or drugs in the past, have left that lift behind and gone on to transform themselves physically and financially....running marathons, businesses, traveling the world. Overcoming. Also the other guy might just be a poorly educated good ol redneck boy. Doesn't necessarily mean that the guy is braindead from alcohol consumption as you so arrogantly state.

There's something going on with you in this thread. Look at your attitude in putting down the two posters who shared their experiences and opinions. Rather than engage in a conversation with the two posters (if your intentions were, like someone mentioned, "a community service") you just disparaged them with "that's bull****e". Inability to listen to listen to others reveals a self righteous, arrogant frame of mind with hubris clearly at the reigns. (Self righteous like a lot of former alcoholics, wouldn't surprise me if you were part of the aa cult)

.....So you're a doctor now.

Why concern yourself what others are doing. Revealing your codependent, controlling nature here...

Martyr.

This guy's intentions are not good. It's the self-righteous retort of the former alcoholic/ converted to the aa cult.

For you aa'ers out there:

Never heard anybody say those excuses. It must be because I don't bother putting them on the spot interrogating them about their habits while out having a good time. Let me tell you this: if you are having these conversations with your "friends", they all secretly despise you and you are a fvcking bore to be having these convos (secretly despise you, but if you opened your ears and eyes and closed your fvcking mouth for two minutes, you would observe their contempt for you bubbling beneath the surface.
Triggered you too huh?
Although in a different way than me.....

We usually defend what we think we can't live without.

Grinderman

Banned
Reaction score
Triggered you too huh?
Oh what a surprise, the charge of irascibility coming from a female spelled with a c.

We usually defend what we think we can't live without.
That does sound like self righteous, pompous, holier than thou rhetoric. Read a little bit closer honey and then tell me what I am defending. Am I defending my own habits (which i have not mentioned, you have very pompously jumped to that conclusion) are am I advocating that adults are free to choose to live how they see fit. Have I praised the guy that lives a TEETOTAL life and the guy who is MODERATING? Again, look a little closer at what "I am defending".

christie

Banned
Reaction score
Oh what a surprise, the charge of irascibility coming from a female spelled with a c.

That does sound like self righteous, pompous, holier than thou rhetoric. Read a little bit closer honey and then tell me what I am defending. Am I defending my own habits (which i have not mentioned, you have very pompously jumped to that conclusion) are am I advocating that adults are free to choose to live how they see fit. Have I praised the guy that lives a TEETOTAL life and the guy who is MODERATING? Again, look a little closer at what "I am defending".
Hi, thank you for calling me Honey. You might have been sarcastic but it still felt nice to read it.

I haven't read over this post or thread carefully.
Not being facetious, but I am braindamaged myself.

I wish you the best, I am not your opponent and have no drive to debate or respond or be disagreeable beyond this quoted reply to you.

Have a good day man. I'll remove the descriptor 'female' from my profile as well and there's an interesting word I'll look up later...irascible.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I grew up watching alcohol destroy and eventually kill people I loved, so I spent most of my life avoiding it. People would act so condescending towards me or treat me like a pariah. I even had girls reject me because I didn't drink. But while I've been ageing like a fine wine, many of those binge drinkers are ageing in dog years.

I had a phase of 5 years where I started drinking and I deeply regretted it. I didn't realise I was addicted until I tried to cut down or quit. I could feel my mental clarity and my health deteriorating, but the worst aspect for me was the apathy. When I drink, I don't care, I have no drive or passion and that's the exact opposite of who I want to be.

I managed to quit last year with the help of Allen Carr's book (recommended here by taiyuu_otoko) and it's given me a new lease on life. My passion and energy returned. My skin and body look better for it, my sex drive is higher, I'm fitter and stronger and everything has got better since.

It's sad that so many people spend a load of money and dedicate their lives to self help programs, motivational books and health and fitness guides, but refuse to do the one thing that could benefit them most in all areas and ditch the alcohol.