Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Alcohol does kill your brain cells

Serenity

Reaction score
I can't argue that alcohol is good for the brain (in the quantities that makes you drunk). However, I do believe the science about it not killing brain cells to be true.

That said, I don't think there's much scientific doubt about how excessive alcohol consumption affects a person. While it may not kill brain cells I can see how the neural network would grow in a different way. It's well documented how alcohol can severely affect the development of a brain in the young. It's not that it kills cells, it's just that it affects the development of the neural network which leads to very negative and long lasting/permanent effects.

Assuming the brain has some plasticity throughout life it stands to reason that adults are not immune, but children are much more severely affected because it could affect their incomplete foundation negatively.

Based on this I think that in theory it's reversible, but very very far from easy. Generally speaking, the older a person becomes, the harder it is to rewire neurons, plasticity decreases. So the condition may appear practically permanent in almost everyone affected.

christie

Banned
Reaction score
I’ve only been “drunk” maybe twice in my life. I don’t like the feeling. For me, beer is garbage. It gives you a spare tire. I can always tell a beer drinker by their accumulating shape.

If I drink at all it’s a couple of fingers of tequila or makers mark. But it’s rare. I have both bottles in my freezer and they’ve been there for almost three years. About 2/3 gone.

Smoking is severely demonized. There are plenty of articles about the reverse ideas and studies on smoking that are by acclaimed doctors. Smoking + shyt diet = metabolic syndrome and sometimes cancer. The difference between smokers getting cancer and non smokers getting cancer is less than one percent. So if you think smoking alone elevates cancer, you’ve been drinking cool aid (pun intended). It’s false data. Look it up. My sister is an oncologist. I was a smoker for years and quit with Allan Carr’s book. All the way through the marines and special forces. I’ve ran the Honolulu marathon. I’m in top physical condition right now with low body fat. But I refuse to do distance running now. I’m much smarter now and I don’t have a job that requires it.

Some of the finest athletes in the world smoke. I’ve watched marathoners and triathletes roll one up before the start. Sprinters, distance runners. It opens their bronchial tubes. Native Americans used it as a cure for colds, flues and bronchial infections for thousands of years. There is real definitive science. Do I advocate it? No. It’s expensive and a bit nasty. Do I admonish those who smoke? No I don’t.

Here is another interesting fact. Men who have higher, natural levels of testosterone are infinitely more likely to smoke. It levels out their natural aggression and really does help them stay organized. Many of them have gone to smokeless tobacco. Military men, especially natural born warrior types will most likely use nicotine in one form or another. I’ve been there. I love nicotine. So I have to be careful.
Men in high risk professions are more likely to smoke. There are many secret smokers in high powered finance and these men are natural born warrior types. High testosterone. I know two who have used nicotine their whole lives and are in their 70’s (mentors) who have testosterone right now at around 800 to 900 ng/dl. They can still climb mountains and hunt dangerous game. They will be around after most non smokers and non nicotine users are dead or in walkers.

Do I advocate nicotine? I do not. But anyone who admonishes these high testosterone men for using are ignorant. Look it up. Don’t take my word for it. I know a doctor that is a secret smoker and plenty of nurses (also higher testosterone levels than average women) that do. This is a secret truth that is kept hush, hush. I met them through my sister.

Attaching nicotine, by itself to cancer, is a propaganda ploy. If you are going to smoke, fine by me, but it’s better to roll your own with straight tobacco. You will actually smoke less. You can easily stay at ten or less a day. I already know that athleticism and smoking (Nicotine) are considered diametrically opposed but they are not. You would be shocked at how many high testosterone football and rugby players smoke.

Combine smoking and a shytty diet and it’s a recipe for possible disaster for those by are genetically predisposed or have a lower baseline testosterone level. By lower I don’t mean low testosterone. By lower testosterone in relationship to other men with higher natural levels of testosterone. Don’t believe me? Look it up. Then if you are a smoker or nicotine go get yours checked and compare it to the national average (which is much lower now than 20 years ago) and find out for yourself. It keeps your mind calmer and sharper and you are less likely to stove someone’s head in for being a f@cktard.

Take a second to look through my eyes. There are plenty of men I would have ended a long time ago if we were living a thousand years ago. Even one of my own brother’s has said things to me that warranted his skull bashed in. But with or without nicotine I know right from wrong and have harmed no one without cause. In fact just the opposite. Aggression does not mean being a street thug. It just means that my mind sets are different from a man with a diet lowered testosterone level or a naturally lowered level from his upbringing.
Certain genome are turned on or off based on that.

To fully reverse your testosterone levels you will need new mindsets. Aggression is your friend. It is individuality with force behind it.

Excessive alcohol is a testosterone suppressive. Your choice. Beer is worst. It also effects your metabolic rate and to me, incredibly stupid. But that’s me looking at it from my viewpoint. It doesn’t make me right. It just indicates that I am in tune with who and what i am. Drug users have already lost the game so they are not worth mentioning.
I had a cigarette one stressful Friday a couple of weeks ago and it calmed me to go do something distasteful the next day and get an unpleasant task out of the way.

No craving now. It had been 14 months that I had quit cigarettes.

TheFinalLine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a cigarette one stressful Friday a couple of weeks ago and it calmed me to go do something distasteful the next day and get an unpleasant task out of the way.

Yeah. Been there. Had a nightmare a couple of months ago. Pretty rare to even remember my dreams. Bought a pack in the morning and smoke about half of them before tossing them. Zero stress.

christie

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah. Been there. Had a nightmare a couple of months ago. Pretty rare to even remember my dreams. Bought a pack in the morning and smoke about half of them before tossing them. Zero stress.
the body knows what to do to heal

sucks about the nightmare

good regaining of control, good self management:up:

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Final Line,
I grew up in a household of big time Smokers most of my colleagues in later life smoked and yeah nicotine has many wonderful attributes for sure,but now as so many have run their race,most are gone while their non smoking mates live on....the clincher for me is a pair of my acquaintances,identical Twins,now 63 both have led very privileged lives kept very secure at home by kind and generous husbands one is a smoker,bit on the heavy side,soft and flabby with a face like a wrinkled old prune,presents as a woman in her seventies the other is slim fit,very active,healthy complexion looks about 45...Interesting though the smoker is a far happier Girl,always cheerful and jocular so perhaps,as I think a few of our posters are seeming to say,it is a trade off? So could it be a case of "Live fast,die young and leave a beautiful corpse" LOL

Last edited:

"If you love women, you must read the SoSuave Guide to Women. It's fantastic!"

TheFinalLine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Final Line,
I grew up in a household of big time Smokers most of my colleagues in later life smoked and yeah nicotine has many wonderful attributes for sure,but now as so many have run their race,most are gone while their non smoking mates live on....the clincher for me is a pair of my acquaintances,identical Twins,now 63 both have led very privileged lives kept very secure at home by kind and generous husbands one is a smoker,bit on the heavy side,soft and flabby with a face like a wrinkled old prune,presents as a woman in her seventies the other is slim fit,very active,healthy complexion looks about 45...Interesting though the smoker is a far happier Girl,always cheerful and jocular so perhaps,as I think a few of our posters are seeming to say,it is a trade off? So could it be a case of "Live fast,die young and leave a beautiful corpse" LOL
im not sure. Both sides I have observed. It is a stimulant. A unique one for sure. I don’t support or condemn it. I have observed that smokers don’t seem to get the flu and if they do they are over it pretty quick. Obviously there are no absolutes. It’s interesting to me. Both my parents smoked and then quit.

It was the supposed cancer statistic that floored me. No difference if you smoke or not, you have the same statistical chance of getting lung cancer. But if you have metabolic syndrome and any related ailments connected, you will most likely die from heart disease (which is number 1) or dieabetes or cancer.

Grinderman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Forget the brain, most people need to realize alcohol can damage the liver which has been identified to provide 500 vital functions. This and the fact that alcohol has been known to decrease testosterone. For younger guys, it may not matter in the moment but look at any guys that used to drink a lot and are in their 40's and 50's. It definitely has an effect.

Reducing or eliminating alcohol is an investment in how you age and how healthy you stay later in life. Remember that for all the young dudes.

Women think I'm early to late 30's all the time. I have my limited alcohol use to thank for that. :up:
I endorse this post.

(over indulgence in) alcohol can effect the liver and without proper liver function you die. It's not a pleasant death either. You are correct to say that over indulgence in early life you may get away with, but life will pass you the bill in your 40's and 50's and the bill can be quite cruel and unforgiving. Again, the pendulum always swings evenly in both directions.

Early in my WSET days, it was Janice Robinson who proposed the dietary supplement MILK THISTLE as the wine tasters (drinkers) aid in healthy liver function. As well as water, drink lots and lots of water to help your liver flush out toxins. the key to health and long life is to look after your insides.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone always talks about keeping the heart healthy and such but they don't realize just breathing and living well are two different things. The heart just keeps you alive where as the liver determines the quality of life you can have.

Keep your liver healthy guys as a long term investment. :up:

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im not sure. Both sides I have observed. It is a stimulant. A unique one for sure. I don’t support or condemn it. I have observed that smokers don’t seem to get the flu and if they do they are over it pretty quick. Obviously there are no absolutes. It’s interesting to me. Both my parents smoked and then quit.

It was the supposed cancer statistic that floored me. No difference if you smoke or not, you have the same statistical chance of getting lung cancer. But if you have metabolic syndrome and any related ailments connected, you will most likely die from heart disease (which is number 1) or dieabetes or cancer.
I smoked a number of years and quit at 30. The one thing I always come back to is that there doesn't seem to be much benefit to it as a drug. That is, almost any other toxin we ingest gives us something and takes something away. Tobacco gives an initial buzz the very first few times (if you don't get sick). Beyond that, it always felt to me like I needed a smoke to relax because I was craving a smoke. Nicotine addiction, feedback loop. I don't remember it preventing colds, but I was coughing anyway. (I've read that it might help prevent Alzheimer's.)

The lung cancer thing is interesting and tells me more about how much fukked up shyt is in the air in general. Heck, I'm guessing I'll catch something from the disinfectant used to spray down gym equipment to prevent COVID 19.

Perhaps when the Indians smoked unadulterated tobacco from a calumet in communal moments there was something more to it. Nonetheless, 417 years ago King James wrote that smoking is “loathsome to the eye, hateful to the nose, harmful to the brain, dangerous to the lungs.” But also profitable for the British.

TheFinalLine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The lung cancer thing is interesting and tells me more about how much fukked up shyt is in the air in general. Heck, I'm guessing I'll catch something from the disinfectant used to spray down gym equipment to prevent COVID 19.
There is plenty to avoid. Such as the science on the estrogenic effects of plastics, colognes and even soaps. I’ve eliminated all of that from my life. There is a straight line causation from estrogen and the male body to cancers. Pretty crazy.

The number one predisposed condition is of course is the standard American diet and shyt food. You keep eating fake food and oils...you will pay far more than alcohol or cigarettes. The science is quite definitive on this.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The number one predisposed condition is of course is the standard American diet and shyt food. You keep eating fake food and oils...you will pay far more than alcohol or cigarettes. The science is quite definitive on this.
For sure. Nevertheless I have always considered secondhand smoke to be preferable to secondhand steamed broccoli.

TheFinalLine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For sure. Nevertheless I have always considered secondhand smoke to be preferable to secondhand steamed broccoli.
Hahaha. Well I ferment most of vegetables now. Try it. Easy to do and very beneficial.

TheFinalLine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In a brine, pickled? They say that's very good for gut health.
Gut and erections. The best. Just go to YouTube and find what you like. Fermented is better than pickled but they are pretty closely related. They key is making it as spicy as you can stand.

Last edited:

deBrito

Don Juan
Reaction score

Some nice songs that fits the topic. heheh...

Put away your credit card.

You can now read our detailed guide to women and dating for free - Right Here!

Sir FB

Don Juan
Reaction score

Damn. Every time I quit and thought I could have just one, I was right back to my old level within a week. For me, nicotine equals slavery, I can’t mess around with it, abstinence is the only way I can stay free.