Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Alcohol and women

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone in here a big drinker? I am trying to quit right now. Living on the strip in Vegas obviously doesn't make that easy but i find the older i get alcohol makes me bitter and angry when under the influence. My eyes get all crazy looking too. And i never pick up when drunk anymore. It just doesnt happen. Well maybe a few times here and there but usually not.

When i was younger it put me in a zone to where i could walk up and pick up girls with ease. Now it is the complete opposite it seems and is just a terrible negative influence on my life in general. I tend to get myself into very dangerous situations and fights as well. The only thing positive i can say about it is i really enjoy music and dancing when drinking but even that goes overboard and women become an after thought at that point. Really want to stop it altogether.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, sometimes patrolling the strip can make you wish for a nuclear winter

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone in here a big drinker? I am trying to quit right now. Living on the strip in Vegas obviously doesn't make that easy but i find the older i get alcohol makes me bitter and angry when under the influence. My eyes get all crazy looking too. And i never pick up when drunk anymore. It just doesnt happen. Well maybe a few times here and there but usually not.

When i was younger it put me in a zone to where i could walk up and pick up girls with ease. Now it is the complete opposite it seems and is just a terrible negative influence on my life in general. I tend to get myself into very dangerous situations and fights as well. The only thing positive i can say about it is i really enjoy music and dancing when drinking but even that goes overboard and women become an after thought at that point. Really want to stop it altogether.
Seems like a part of alcohol is an accumulative effect. I didn't get that "anger" when i was younger. Or at least I didn't remember it. But it doesn't take much as an older person to trigger a "not so fun" emotional state while drinking.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Sir FB

Don Juan
Reaction score
Been sober since 2013. For years I tried to control and enjoy my drinking. I changed the type of alcohol, the times I could drink, the days I could drink, etc. I think I crossed some sort of invisible line because when I tried with all my human resources to stop, I found I was absolutely unable to do so. Some guys here might have methods to try so you can stop or moderate. For myself I had to get help. Stopping wasn’t easy but it’s been worth it, my physical, mental and spiritual health are better than they’ve ever been and as long as I follow a few simple rules, the obsession to drink has been removed and my life is better than it’s ever been.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yes exactly. It is like there is a limit of years for how much you can do it successfully and then it's just time to quit before it turns you into a loser and total lunatic.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes exactly. It is like there is a limit of years for how much you can do it successfully and then it's just time to quit before it turns you into a loser and total lunatic.
Thats crazy but seems to be true.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I Couldn’t imagine living in Vegas lol. You are a strong breed OP
I could imagine living in Las Vegas. I'm not sure how much the city has changed due to the pandemic. Before the pandemic, I would not have wanted a job where I had to be alert before 12 PM. It would be impossible to enjoy Vegas nightlife with a typical M-F 8:30 am-5:30 pm type job.

Some of the Vegas experience would depend on what your goals are. Is it just to bang? If the goal is to bang and not have any extended relationships, living near the Las Vegas Strip and getting tourist pusssy is an existence that I am sure some Las Vegas local men do.

Sustainable LTRs and marriages would be more challenging to achieve than many places.

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score

Idk getting a little buzz is nice. I used to drink until I had trouble seeing and walking and would puke but really there is no point to that and the experience is rarely good. If you can't stop before getting to that point maybe you have a problem otherwise no reason to stop.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've quit several times. Once for three years, once for a year and a half, and another time for a year. Right now I haven't drank in 5 weeks and am contemplating keeping it that way.

I've noticed two things about drinking the older I get:
1. Your body loses liver function with age whether you drink or not, so the toll alcohol takes on you increases with age
2. I can game girls 100x better sober than intoxicated. And this is whether the girls are sober or intoxicated

Trust me when I say that you do have the power in you to do the inner work required to approach women without liquid courage. I've found women get turned off by intoxicated guys because nearly everyone has courage when they are drunk so you don't stand out. You're just another drunk dude hitting on them. I've approached groups of 3-10 girls completely alone and completely sober and after a 15-20 minute interaction/conversation, have literally had them say on may way out, "Thanks for talking to us! You were really cool to talk to. Usually when a guy comes up to us they are drunk."

Really the best way to reduce your approach anxiety is to do a lot of approaches. It was HARD at first but looking back I laugh at how nervous I was over it. It's a simple reprogramming of your brain to realize your preconceived notions about how women will respond to your approach are wrong. 95% of women are polite, and usually interested in at least a little banter.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I avoided alcohol after it kept making me not perform in bed. If it is tequila I can get hard with ease, but alcohol really kills my mood. It is not until the middle of the night when I peed enough of it out that I get a sudden hard on. It feels like alcohol is literally in my dvck. Then I go for half an hour on whatever woman is in the bed with me. It is really not worth drinking.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a sweet spot of maybe a drink and a half for me. I am typically outgoing and social although I can come off reserved. I get a little more joking when I drink which I think can many times be a turn on to women (although not crossing the boundaries into being a clown).

If I drink more than 3 drinks I usually will not have near as much success. Not because I am drunk off my a$$ but because I think I can become too direct sometimes in conversations. And not direct in a flirtatious way. So if I am trying to approach women I keep the intake on the lighter side.

Overall - I don't think drinking and approaching is a bad thing. We all handle alcohol differently. And we aren't always in approach mode. Sometimes we just want to have fun and be drunk.

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a sweet spot of maybe a drink and a half for me. I am typically outgoing and social although I can come off reserved. I get a little more joking when I drink which I think can many times be a turn on to women (although not crossing the boundaries into being a clown).

If I drink more than 3 drinks I usually will not have near as much success. Not because I am drunk off my a$$ but because I think I can become too direct sometimes in conversations. And not direct in a flirtatious way. So if I am trying to approach women I keep the intake on the lighter side.

Overall - I don't think drinking and approaching is a bad thing. We all handle alcohol differently. And we aren't always in approach mode. Sometimes we just want to have fun and be drunk.
I must have a high tolerance, I'm 140 lbs and can act almost totally normal after three 8% beers. Just slightly looser with my words and feel a bit more confident. Anything more than that and I am noticeably impaired.

Reactions: B80

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've quit several times. Once for three years, once for a year and a half, and another time for a year. Right now I haven't drank in 5 weeks and am contemplating keeping it that way.

I've noticed two things about drinking the older I get:
1. Your body loses liver function with age whether you drink or not, so the toll alcohol takes on you increases with age
2. I can game girls 100x better sober than intoxicated. And this is whether the girls are sober or intoxicated

Trust me when I say that you do have the power in you to do the inner work required to approach women without liquid courage. I've found women get turned off by intoxicated guys because nearly everyone has courage when they are drunk so you don't stand out. You're just another drunk dude hitting on them. I've approached groups of 3-10 girls completely alone and completely sober and after a 15-20 minute interaction/conversation, have literally had them say on may way out, "Thanks for talking to us! You were really cool to talk to. Usually when a guy comes up to us they are drunk."

Really the best way to reduce your approach anxiety is to do a lot of approaches. It was HARD at first but looking back I laugh at how nervous I was over it. It's a simple reprogramming of your brain to realize your preconceived notions about how women will respond to your approach are wrong. 95% of women are polite, and usually interested in at least a little banter.

Yeah. I cold approach sober in the daytime a good bit actually. Its just shaking the desire of alcohol to kill time and "have a good time" that's tough. Especially in loud noisy environments.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I Couldn’t imagine living in Vegas lol. You are a strong breed OP

Yeah it is a bit over whelming at times being right on the strip everyday but i have lived overseas in crazier places before so am used to the chaos. Just been smoking these past few days and going on bumble dates. Banged a pretty hot phillipina local girl last night actually. It was our second date. Finally convinced her to go back with me.

Went to UFC 264 on Saturday in the hyde lounge seating area....all you can eat and drink tickets. Invited a super hot chick i had met a few days earlier but she was 40 mins late and they were $1650 tickets a piece. So i told her to just turn around and go back home. Called my best guy friend who is out here visiting and had him come instead. When she finally arrived she called like 10 times and sent 5 or 6 texts. Ignored all of them. Ended up have a blast that day/night though. Sucks how Mcgreggor's ankle snapped thoigh. Wanted to see a full fight on that one.

Was thinking about going to Omnia nightclub in Ceasars tonight to approach a lot of women and pull but am pretty stoned and feel happy just watching tv and relaxing. Need to motivate myself to get out haha. This indica strain that i got makes you lazy asf but at least it's better than being drunk all the time followed by the hangovers.

Last edited:

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah. I cold approach sober in the daytime a good bit actually. Its just shaking the desire of alcohol to kill time and "have a good time" that's tough. Especially in loud noisy environments.
How many daytime approaches does it usually take you to get laid or even get a date? In the limited experience I have with approaching, I haven't had any results from it yet but it seems like girls are usually more impressed by daytime ones sober because it's more unusual and takes more balls.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the daytime, the girls can see everything about you, so your raw form is out to them. Not to mention, most guys won't get picked up by girls unless they're out specifically to find a man and get sex. Naturally, most women like the attention, but trusting a random guy is a different story. I know guys all wish they had the secret power to go to any woman and have her want to have sex with them right away, but this isn't an erotic fiction novel.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just at Circa. In the pool, the pool bunnies consistently went for the more sober guys over the coked up drunk guys.
Youve gotten back into good enough shape to be undressed at the pool? lol

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score
Youve gotten back into good enough shape to be undressed at the pool? lol
I was just at a topless (for girls) beach the other day in Denmark. I don't work out, but I look fine shirtless because I'm not fat.

I honestly felt that a lot of girls were checking me out, but I can't verify this because I hung out alone.

This forum acts like there's only two options:

1. Super jacked
2. Obese fat guy

Normal people are neither.