Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Alcohol and women

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now I go from anxiety to just sloppy, no sweet spot.
Same here, plus my blackout threshold has continued to lower to where I sometimes blackout after just 5 mixed drinks. All that is why I made the decision to quit. Not wanting to drink hasn't been much of a challenge during these five weeks but waiting for my brain chemicals to readjust has been extremely difficult.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just at a topless (for girls) beach the other day in Denmark. I don't work out, but I look fine shirtless because I'm not fat.

I honestly felt that a lot of girls were checking me out, but I can't verify this because I hung out alone.

This forum acts like there's only two options:

1. Super jacked
2. Obese fat guy

Normal people are neither.
You have beaches where young women go, not just families and maybe a few younger teens? Where?

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just at a topless (for girls) beach the other day in Denmark. I don't work out, but I look fine shirtless because I'm not fat.

I honestly felt that a lot of girls were checking me out, but I can't verify this because I hung out alone.

This forum acts like there's only two options:

1. Super jacked
2. Obese fat guy

Normal people are neither.
If I was next to you, they would be looking at me more than you.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't wait to chug a beer when I get home from work. It barely touches the sides.
I can wallop 6 pints of 5% lager and still reverse park my van. Then again my existence
is more or less entirely solitary so I drink out of a mixture of self pity and boredom mostly.
Just being honest. I don't have a beer gut at all and I'm not a big guy, 6ft, 170lbs.
I've drank every day for the past two years more or less, some days 2 beers, some days
as many as 12 but that's when I go out to my friends bar where my beer is free.
I'm not especially happy in my life so maybe that's why I do it. It's either that or smoking
straight weed, no tobacco. I'm an addict, but I'm okay with that to be honest. My vices
help me cope with the loneliness. I'm off the weed at the moment as my employer has a
drugs testing facility in house, probably been about 7 weeks since I smoked weed. I tend
to smoke cigars when I'm off the weed and have had a few beers. I never , ever approach
women, most of them disgust me so it doesn't have much of a bearing with my interactions
with them. I don't care if they think I'm a loser, they can join the queue on that one. *shrug*

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would never hang out with you.

But you sound really secure (sarcasm).
I'm telling the truth. If you're not jacked, but I am, you always lose. This happens in real life when I'm in a room or space of just pudgy looking dudes.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After I turned 50 I noticed that alcohol did not make me feel good anymore, it just made me sloppy and the next day I would feel like cr@p...

I was NEVER a heavy drinker, never more than a couple of drinks a night. But even that makes me feel like garbage now, so I just don't do it anymore. To be social, I'll grab a glass of wine, but I will milk that b1tch all night and never finish it.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, but you lose if he is getting laid just fine without all the time spent in the gym. I am very much a gym guy but it's not good advice for everyone.
I'm pretty sure he isn't if he is standing at the beach only getting stares. He most likely look like a creepy guy at this point.

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score
Very possible. I am just rethinking my past 10 years of lifting heavy...I'm like was it really worth it for just some fleeting moments with 8+?
I've been with so many 8+, I can't even remember them all.

And, no, it wasn't free.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@zinc4 @oldmanofthesea we should do a no or less drinking accountability thread
I'm down. I've tried less drinking but I just don't do well with moderating it. When you understand the mechanics of how alcohol works and how it affects the brain, it's not surprising. Alcohol is a depressant/relaxant. The brain is always seeking a state of equilibrium and to achieve it, it re-balances your brain chemicals in an effort to counteract the effects of the alcohol and return to "normal". The issue is that the effects of the alcohol wear off much faster than the brain adjusts its chemicals, so what happens is the brain is dumping anxiety-producing chemicals long after your drink wears off. That leaves you feeling anxious and crappy once the alcohol has been metabolized and it takes a day or so depending on your age and the amount of alcohol you ingest to get back to equilibrium again. So really it's trading 1-several hours of anti-anxiety for 4-24 hours of extreme anxiety. Just not worth it. Ever just sit and have one drink and then no more? You feel like crap (or at least get a bit of a headache, don't feel as "good" as you did, and for many people you feel anti-social and tired and irritable) when it wears off and the only fix is to have a second drink. And then a third, and so on.

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score
I'm telling the truth. If you're not jacked, but I am, you always lose. This happens in real life when I'm in a room or space of just pudgy looking dudes.
You're free to continue your delusion... I doubt you've ever fvcked a hot girl in your life.

Most of the jacked guys were hanging out with other guys. Most of the girls were hanging out with other girls. There were some couples, and the guy wasn't always a "jacked guy." Just as likely to just be a normal guy who doesn't spend his life in the gym.

This forum needs a complete makeover if it ever hopes to reflect reality.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm on vacation in Denmark.
Yeah, but where in Denmark - what kind of beach? are you at a beach in the capital region? a touristy resort? a calm rural area? a smaller city?

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, but where in Denmark - what kind of beach? are you at a beach in the capital region? a touristy resort? a calm rural area? a smaller city?
Downtown Copenhagen.

It's not really a "beach," more like a spot along the river.

I was taking a river tour of the city when I looked to my left and saw a bunch of topless girls in their 20's. Had to check it out!

Only about 10% of them are topless.

Basically I just saw a few hot topless girls and NO old or unattractive girls or any male nudity.

Bring a towel and act like you're there working on your tan, otherwise you might look like the creepy perv just there to look at hot half-naked girls. (How awful!)

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're free to continue your delusion... I doubt you've ever fvcked a hot girl in your life.

Most of the jacked guys were hanging out with other guys. Most of the girls were hanging out with other girls. There were some couples, and the guy wasn't always a "jacked guy." Just as likely to just be a normal guy who doesn't spend his life in the gym.

This forum needs a complete makeover if it ever hopes to reflect reality.
Please take your fairy tales elsewhere.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just at Circa. In the pool, the pool bunnies consistently went for the more sober guys over the coked up drunk guys.

I have been drinking like 5x more during Covid than before, and I can tell you that losing the "sweet spot" buzz for approach has as much or more to do with building tolerance from drinking too much than just age. I was pulling blacked out before this year. Now I go from anxiety to just sloppy, no sweet spot.

Yep. It sucks because drinking is fun. Mdma while drinking is amazing. Its all a dead end losers game though. Sober is best.