Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Albert Pujols files for divorce while wife fighting brain tumor. Upgrading?

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Albert Pujols announces divorce from wife Deidre Pujols | ksdk.com

Thoughts? Wife is going for surgery for a brain tumor soon. Is this a dirtbag move while she's getting ready for brain surgery or was she that toxic? you'd think after 22 years of marriage they must have been going pretty steady. When they married back then he was just getting ready to enter the MLB so There is a good chance no prenup so he might be getting divorced raped here! Here is what his wife looks like. Is he looking for an upgrade? Being one of the best players ever he could get a far hotter woman.

I have made the decision to file for divorce from my wife, Deidre," the statement said. "I realize this is not the most opportune time with Opening Day approaching and other family events that have recently taken place. These situations are never easy and isn't something that just happened overnight

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I mean...not a good look for him.
Mid life crisis???

Btw it's widely known by most albert is older and lied about his age like many from Dominica players. Most think he's around 45 years old, nit 42. His last year with the cardinals his body was really breaking down and his production really dipped in 2011 and didnt recover. Most hitters are in their prime at 31.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Albert Pujols announces divorce from wife Deidre Pujols | ksdk.com

Thoughts? Wife is going for surgery for a brain tumor soon. Is this a dirtbag move while she's getting ready for brain surgery or was she that toxic? you'd think after 22 years of marriage they must have been going pretty steady. When they married back then he was just getting ready to enter the MLB so There is a good chance no prenup so he might be getting divorced raped here! Here is what his wife looks like. Is he looking for an upgrade? Being one of the best players ever he could get a far hotter woman.

It's pretty ****ty looking OP. The wife of his children too. Brain surgery is no joke. He is literally doing this at her worst moment. That tells me a lot about his true character even if she is a crazy *****.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it iss disrespectful to talk about another man’s wife in the same way as a single young woman on the open market. She is his wife. This is a dirtbag move on his part.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
It's pretty ****ty looking OP. The wife of his children too. Brain surgery is no joke. He is literally doing this at her worst moment. That tells me a lot about his true character even if she is a crazy *****.
he p*ssed off the fan base after the World Series win when he rejected the Cardinals offer of 5 years, 130 million, and finally 10 year, 210 million with some salary deferred.

It was a very smart move not to offer 10 years at full pay! Everyone knows he's at least 3 years older, and was beginning to break down. It would be been foolish for the Cards to tie up 10 years full pay and be paying him at 45 years old taking up a roster spot against the salary cap. He bragged how he wanted to stay a Card for life, and then rejected that.

She never came off as a bad person though.

Albert has always come off a bit arrogant. Seems the total opposite of Adam Wainwright for example.

Albert wanted to play in a big city, Hollywood. Funny money wise with the high cost of living in California and high taxes he'd be better off in Missouri. Wrecked his career and legacy.

Similar to the Brett Hull ordeal too. Blues wouldn't promise a no trade clause and he left. Hull should have been a lifelong Blue.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Albert wanted to play in a big city, Hollywood. Funny money wise with the high cost of living in California and high taxes he'd be better off in Missouri. Wrecked his career and legacy.
No one with that kind of money chooses to live in Missouri over California.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
No one with that kind of money chooses to live in Missouri over California.
I would. I have no interest in California. High taxes, uber high cost of living, anti gun laws, and libs and congestion. A big city like Dallas is a better choice.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m a lifelong Cards fan. Was happy to see him coming back to STL for a season with Molina & Wainwright (both great men as well as ball players). This is disappointing to read and isn’t going over well in the relatively conservative Midwest.

Wainwright is a well know solid family man and great father to his 4 daughters.

Pujols has done lots of charity work in STL and is still beloved there. This is going to seriously damage his image and rightfully so. Total ass hole move.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I’m a lifelong Cards fan. Was happy to see him coming back to STL for a season with Molina & Wainwright (both great men as well as ball players). This is disappointing to read and isn’t going over well in the relatively conservative Midwest.

Wainwright is a well know solid family man and great father to his 4 daughters.

Pujols has done lots of charity work in STL and is still beloved there. This is going to seriously damage his image and rightfully so. Total ass hole move.
Hmm. Did you live in Stl at one point? I thought you lived in Canada?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would. I have no interest in California. High taxes, uber high cost of living, anti gun laws, and libs and congestion. A big city like Dallas is a better choice.
You aren’t a celebrity. They move to California. If that isn’t their cup of tea they’ll go to south Florida. It’s about money and lifestyle and shvt.

tkazansky

Don Juan
Reaction score
Albert Pujols is very open about his Christian faith. In my humble opinion, according to his faith, there are two permissible reasons for him to divorce his wife: 1) She was unfaithful (not hard to imagine given that he travels all over 6 months out of the year) or 2) She publicly abandoned the faith.

I don't know if she publicly abandoned her faith or if she was unfaithful. I do know that she was a single mom, when she married Pujols. What would cause Pujols (who until now was viewed as a "super-Christian"), to subject himself to family court, public scorn, cast a shadow over his final season, and to subject himself to this right after his wife had brain surgery?

I don't know for a fact, but I got a bad feeling about his wife, and all of his behavior in public (until now) has been consistent with his faith. I am inclined to believe, his actions are still consistent with his faith given what he is likely to suffer going forward.

T

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deidre was a single mom before she met Albert Pujols. Albert Pujols was in the minor leagues when they met and married. He had limited SMV at that point because he had yet to start making millions of dollars. However, I've known of minor league and college athletes getting a lot of pusssy before the money starts arriving. That was a beta move for him to settle for a single mom as a minor leaguer.

he p*ssed off the fan base after the World Series win when he rejected the Cardinals offer of 5 years, 130 million, and finally 10 year, 210 million with some salary deferred.

It was a very smart move not to offer 10 years at full pay!
The Cardinals benefitted from not re-signing Pujols when he was a free agent after the 2011 season. Pujols' 10 year contract with the Angels (2012-2021) was mostly a disaster. Pujols did not put up as good of numbers for the Angels as he did for the Cardinals between 2001-2011.

If Albert Pujols wanted to maximize money, his offer from the Miami Marlins was the best one. Florida has no state income tax. The Marlins are an inept franchise and likely would have traded him at some point during the 10 years. They wouldn't have gotten much for him because his skills were already declining when he signed the big 10 year contract going into his age 32 season.

He did wreck his legacy by leaving St. Louis in 2011.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You always like to give someone the benefit of the doubt. And there are always two sides to every story. In spite of that, sometimes there are certain things people do that are just flat out bad no matter how you slice it. This is one of those times. Regardless of how unhappy Pujols is and how ready he is to move on he has to know this is going to just destroy his reputation to be doing it at this particular point. He has to be smarter than that.

This is merely a guess - I would assume infidelity is playing a part in this. Perhaps his wife cheated so he feels justified and he is now seeing someone on the side that he wants to ramp it up with. Doesn't excuse the timing though.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm. Did you live in Stl at one point? I thought you lived in Canada?
Never in Canada. Not a Canadian. You are thinking of Christie. I’m from the US, a Texas native although I’m in the southwest US now.

My father grew up a Cardinals fan before there were Astros or Rangers. So I grew up a Cards fan too. I do have part of my portfolio near STL and typically attend a few games each year. I must watch nearly 100 on TV though, lol.

STL is arguably the best baseball city in the US. They adore the Cards there.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Deidre was a single mom before she met Albert Pujols. Albert Pujols was in the minor leagues when they met and married. He had limited SMV at that point because he had yet to start making millions of dollars. However, I've known of minor league and college athletes getting a lot of pusssy before the money starts arriving. That was a beta move for him to settle for a single mom as a minor leaguer.

The Cardinals benefitted from not re-signing Pujols when he was a free agent after the 2011 season. Pujols' 10 year contract with the Angels (2012-2021) was mostly a disaster. Pujols did not put up as good of numbers for the Angels as he did for the Cardinals between 2001-2011.

If Albert Pujols wanted to maximize money, his offer from the Miami Marlins was the best one. Florida has no state income tax. The Marlins are an inept franchise and likely would have traded him at some point during the 10 years. They wouldn't have gotten much for him because his skills were already declining when he signed the big 10 year contract going into his age 32 season.

He did wreck his legacy by leaving St. Louis in 2011.
The main issue is his age. It was probably a smart thing in a way he took the 10 years out in California because they have the DH.

Albert's production really went down in 2011 his final year in stl. His average was only .299 and only 99 RBIs. Like I said, he's at least 3 years older than what is listed, all the MLB teams know this. it's not shocking his production dipped a bit in 2011 being he's older than listed.

Stuffnu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You always like to give someone the benefit of the doubt
Yes.
On the surface this looks like a douche move, but he waited to file for divorce till after her (successful) surgery. They may have started growing apart years ago - we don’t know whats going on behind closed doors.
There’s already rag news out there that are exploiting and demonizing him.

I wish her good health, but she will be more than comfortable with his riches.
What makes her so special? Divorces are common and come in all kinds of severities. She‘ll continue to have a luxurious life us steerage will never be entitled too.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STL is arguably the best baseball city in the US. They adore the Cards there.
Baseball is losing popularity in general. The fan base in rapidly aging. St. Louis is one of the best cities for baseball. There are few cities now where the baseball team is unquestionably the most popular team.

Of course, watching sports is such a beta male thing. Playing sports is more important. The Manosphere and the red pill taught me that. When I first learned that in the 'sphere, I had already been watching less sports. Reading that cemented my non-interest in sports.

I like playing sports and exercise.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Baseball is losing popularity in general. The fan base in rapidly aging. St. Louis is one of the best cities for baseball. There are few cities now where the baseball team is unquestionably the most popular team.

Of course, watching sports is such a beta male thing. Playing sports is more important. The Manosphere and the red pill taught me that. When I first learned that in the 'sphere, I had already been watching less sports. Reading that cemented my non-interest in sports.

I like playing sports and exercise.
How is watching sports a beta male thing? This is the first time I’ve ever heard this and couldn’t disagree more. I don’t think it’s alpha or beta - it’s just a hobby. There’s nothing inherently alpha or beta about investing in a team you feel allegiance to for whatever reason. In no way does this detract from your qualities as a man or individual.