"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Ahhh Thank you all !

AlexTheGreat

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
497
Reaction score
7
Well, thank you all for helping me remove some AFC-ness from me -- especially NRM ! Thanks to this site, the bible, and the good people here, I got rid of my Oneitis, moved on, and made it click with an old acquaintance, that I hadn't seen for more than 2 years !

Long story short, I saw her again, for the first time in 2 years, through a friend who organized a little party ... Got a date after that, we went to the movies, and saw "The Day After Tomorrow". Applied a lot of kino throughout the date, C+F and eye contact, and it worked nicely ! I got a second date !

So, for this second one, I invite her to watch some movies at my house. We go in my room and watch a few DVDs, ranging from "Final Fantasy" to "The Shining", and afterwards we talked a little. I then went in, kissed her : she says "What was that for ?" to which I reply "Nothing, just because". We were both lying on my bed at this point : after the kiss, I had backed down and lied down. Now, she comes and kisses me, and we make out for like 40 minutes ! Needless to say, it went nicely !

So, I talk to her again today, and tell her I wanna see her again. Everything is going fine, for now ! But, I'm starting to regret something : I told her that my bus pass was still valid for a few days, so we should see each other somewhere around her place, that way she doesn'T have to pay for bus tickets, and I can use my pass, which means we don't pay for anything yet. But, I told her to propose something fun to do : this is what's scaring me a little, because I haven't taken the initiative in the activity .... sortof .... In a way, I took the initiative in proposing we do something this Friday, but, seen from another angle, I gave her control ....

So, what are your opinions on this last development ? Did I **** up by "letting her decide what we should do" ?

Once again, thanks for everything ! This site is great, and the members are extraordinary ! I haven't been here for a long time, but already I can feel I'm becoming more DJ-ish ! Before, I would never have asked out a girl I just met, out : now, I don't have a problem with it anymore ! So, great job to everyone contributing to this site ! Continue the excellent work ! :)
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

NRM

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
563
Reaction score
0
Hey, you don't have to analyze every incident. Don't worry man, she kissed you back and everything so at least she has interest. Yeah, letting her choose the activity is bad for early on in the relationship because early on you barely know eachother so she isn't sure what you like to do. It just makes it tough. So don't be surprised if she comes up with nothing and depends on you to pick (happened to me lots). Just be sure to have something if that happens. And if she does pick, it'll be okay too, it's just one incident in hopefully many incidents afterwards. Good luck man.
 

Jerky Boi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
551
Reaction score
0
You did nothing wrong. Just try not to over analyze everything. You know she has interest so that should make for an interesting 3rd date. Whatever she picks should be fun. Good luck
 

kevbo

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2002
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
Location
Utah
you're doin great dude. just be sure to plan an interesting thing or two in the near future.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top