Age Differences In Dating

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
realsmoothie said:
Yeah, the more I think about this the more it makes sense. What I need to wrap my head around is the fact that my age is NOT a negative thing. I am more together and more experienced than most guys that any 20-ish girl has been with, and as such it's HER age that is more of a problem. So when I knock a girl for being young I can rest assured that I'm not making something up just to be an idiot.

And the more I think about it, that 20 year old I was talking about with the low self-esteem clearly was more antsy about herself not being mature enough for me than me being too old for her. I wish I'd realized that from the start...
Exactly!

You can turn the volume up with a chick that can handle it and keep it low with the ones who can't.

And that's really the gist of it.....understanding that you age ISN'T an issue to lots of younger girls, and there are even MORE of them out there who will SAY they don't want an older man but would hook up with one who pushes the right buttons.

I just turned 35 and I have had more interest from more women in the past year than ever in my life, and most of them are in their early to mid 20's. YOUR AGE IS AN ASSET, NOT A LIABILITY!

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as the approach goes do you go about it the same way you would someone older or do you watch for signs the younger babe is into you before the approach?

LoneSilver

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LoneSilver said:
As far as the approach goes do you go about it the same way you would someone older or do you watch for signs the younger babe is into you before the approach?

LoneSilver
Signs?? Every sign, young, old, hottie, fugly are written in invisible ink.

I use a steady progression/escalation in all cases. Only way to find out.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LoneSilver said:

LoneSilver
Can't answer that question cause somehow they end up finding me instead of the other way around. I usually end up partying with younger women and every now and then there ends up being chemistry with one.

And it doesn't hurt to be friends with a couple of them who try to hook you up with all of their friends :)

Reaction score
There are many 15 year old hors opening up their legs to many men regardless of age -- if it is sexual - as is the case with the hors of today - then it stands to reason that they can derive the same sexual pleasure regardless of age - plus add the benefits that an older man brings!!

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not talking about 15 years olds Last Man Standing guess that was a typo for thats illegal in most states and world but 18 and up is legal.

LoneSilver

Last Man Standing said:
There are many 15 year old hors opening up their legs to many men regardless of age -- if it is sexual - as is the case with the hors of today - then it stands to reason that they can derive the same sexual pleasure regardless of age - plus add the benefits that an older man brings!!

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
Are you crazy???? This is the greatest gift given to man!

My last LTR was with a 21 year old when I was 31. I NEVER got tired of getting fukked and sucked whenever and wherever I wanted by that little hottie. When I broke up with her at age 34 the next chick I hooked up with with was 20. Then I brought it up a notch and started seeing a 33 year old. She was very attractive for 33, but there is NOTHING like a hot, tight, young body.

Basically, THEY ARE ALL THE SAME. Yea, older women are more mature and all, but the cattiness and crap doesn't go away with age. If anything they really start to worry about younger competition when they get older. The 33 yr old knew about the 20 yr old and CONSTANTLY brought it up like it was a bad thing. I would just sit back and laugh cause I knew she was just projecting her insecurities about approaching her "use by" date.

I'm sure it does help to LOOK younger (I'm 35 but most people still think I'm in my 20's) but that's not all that counts. I would like to think that as long as I take care of myself I will still be able to pull younger women for quite a few more years.

For some reason I relate well with younger women. That gives you an advantage as well.

My dad told me years ago that my 30's would be the best time of my life. I had no clue what he meant, but now that I'm there I know exactly what he was talking about. You're old enough to know better but young enough not to care. Even if you are an AFC you gain a certain confidence in knowing that you can gain respect from older people as well as younger ones and women eat it up.

Enjoy being an older, single man. You're EARNED that sweet taste of victory for all the years when women held the cards.
Dude, you almost made me cry. Very inspiring post. I feel the same way you do, and was just smiling as I read every word above. That last paragraph sumps up where I am at this point. I often smile when I think about how as a much younger man, I felt I had very little or no choice, and often think of a couple of quotes in songs.

"And love don't play any games with me
Anymore like she did before."
-Ryan Adams, "New York, New York"

"These young girls won't let me be. Lord have mercy on me."
-Warren Zevon, "Poor Poor Pitiful Me"

Hitman10000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I'd rather hear some truths from women rather than a couple of 30-40 year olds telling what the truth is.

/Dating a 22 year old, but I am keeping my eye open for someone older.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hitman10000 said:
I think I'd rather hear some truths from women rather than a couple of 30-40 year olds telling what the truth is.

/Dating a 22 year old, but I am keeping my eye open for someone older.
Really?

If you want to hear the "truth" from women...then go ahead an watch Oprah, "Sex and the City", and "Everybody Loves Raymond". Add "Will and Grace" and "Betty Ugly" and "Desperate Housewives" to the mix.

Women are great to talk about how to deal with teenager daughters, and menstrual cycles...but they are TERRIBLE when it comes to men dating women.

Older women find a man that dates YOUNGER women "disgusting". So, expect that from them. And with older, I mean...women that are 35+.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
Really?

If you want to hear the "truth" from women...then go ahead an watch Oprah, "Sex and the City", and "Everybody Loves Raymond". Add "Will and Grace" and "Betty Ugly" and "Desperate Housewives" to the mix.

Women are great to talk about how to deal with teenager daughters, and menstrual cycles...but they are TERRIBLE when it comes to men dating women.

Older women find a man that dates YOUNGER women "disgusting". So, expect that from them. And with older, I mean...women that are 35+.
I dunno about that, it depends on the woman.

I mean, this is going to sound silly... but my MOM gave me a ton of advice when I was in high school that I totally ignored. She said things like "don't focus too much on one girl... you should be playing the field" (basically, spinning plates theory), "don't worry about a girl's boyfriend, girls often date guys just so they don't look alone", and "ignore what a girl says, pay attention to what she does".

Curiously enough, and to prove Latinoman correct in one way... pretty much every time I tell my parents about someone I'm seeing, my mom's first question is "how OLD is she"... she has it in her mind that a lot of my problems with women stem from the fact I'm always with younger ones. What she doesn't seem to realize is that part of the reason I like them younger is that they're not all cynical and bitter (and messed up)... the other part being that damn, they're TIGHT.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
realsmoothie said:
Curiously enough, and to prove Latinoman correct in one way... pretty much every time I tell my parents about someone I'm seeing, my mom's first question is "how OLD is she"... she has it in her mind that a lot of my problems with women stem from the fact I'm always with younger ones. What she doesn't seem to realize is that part of the reason I like them younger is that they're not all cynical and bitter (and messed up)... the other part being that damn, they're TIGHT.
Luckily my family doesn't seem to care that I prefer younger women, hehe. My sisters always make it a point to cunningly find out their ages early on though.

I haven't found older women to be bitter, I just don't connect as well with them. And I agree about the TIGHT thing. Nothing like a female body in its prime!

jones08

Reaction score
please help

What if you fall in love? Oh boy.

Last edited:

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MatureDJ said:
It is natural for a young woman to be flaky. The key about young women is always be aware that she can flake on you at any time, and that you should just take it for what it is, and move on.
joekerr31 said:
after 25 age doesn't matter as a general rule.

before 25 age matters a lot. some folks under 25 are extremely mature. most however are still finding themselves

Those two quotes pretty much sum up my experience and opinion, with one more thing: I strongly believe that when computing "age appropriateness" 10 years should be subtracted from the male. If you as a guy marry someone your age it's just as off as a 40 year old marrying a 20 year old. Exceptions happen, but I think it's a good rule of thumb.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LoneSilver said:
No you not middle age yet. When you get to 40 then your entering middle age...
Don't make me hunt you down and hurt you on my birthday!!! :trouble:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LoneSilver said:
Happy Birthday Francisco LOL!

LoneSilver :up:
Whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA!!!!! :nono:
IT AIN'T MY BIRTHDAY, DON'T MAKE IT ANY EARLIER THAN IT NEEDS TO BE! Just be careful about what you say until that day comes because when it does (and it I am able to remember) I will use my Senior Pass and hunt you down and womp you silly! :trouble:

...Now where's my cane, I'll be needing my enforcer.....:woo:

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By then, you'll probably be bird watching from the rocking chair, and will have long since forgotten ...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonhomme said:
By then, you'll probably be bird watching from the rocking chair, and will have long since forgotten ...
Huh? Forgotten about what?

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce a new comedian on the board he's funny and will take the comedian circuit by big chuckles and soon with lots of fiber... lets give him a big round of applause his name.........Francisco d'anconia....

LOL!!

LoneSilver :)

Francisco d'Anconia said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA!!!!! :nono:
IT AIN'T MY BIRTHDAY, DON'T MAKE IT ANY EARLIER THAN IT NEEDS TO BE! Just be careful about what you say until that day comes because when it does (and it I am able to remember) I will use my Senior Pass and hunt you down and womp you silly! :trouble:

...Now where's my cane, I'll be needing my enforcer.....:woo:

Last edited: