Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

After work out, NO quality/deep sleep, waste of effort or not?

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this board.

I have a question, lets say I work out to muscle exhuastion, simply no more energy for another rep, NO pain, no burn out,etc.

what if I dont get a good night of sleep the same day?

would all the work go down the drain? would the next night of sleep still help somewhat repairing the damadged yet un-repaired muscle tissues?

thz.

ps, poor sleeep I meant about a 5.5 ( 0 being completely awake, 10 being ZZZZZZZzzzzZZ)

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah, any sleep is better than none. Although, I do think that getting less than 5 hours of undisturbed sleep is pointless. You might as well stay awake then go do something useful in that time, like take a walk to catch a gorgeous sunrise or doing some reading at the bagel shop early in the morning.

So, if you get at least 5 hours of quality sleep ON OCCAISION, then I wouldn't worry. Just don't do it 5 nights in a row.

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakethasnake
...if you get at least 5 hours of quality sleep ON OCCAISION, then I wouldn't worry. Just don't do it 5 nights in a row.
I disagree. I know for me personally how much sleep I get has a HUGE effect on me, even if it is only a few hours missed in one night. Sleep time is when your body creates proteins and works on your muscles. If you miss sleep, you will not get the full benefits of your workout, and you will have less energy for working out later that day.

Reaction score
sorry if I had stated any confusion.

>> ps, poor sleeep I meant about a 5.5 ( 0 being completely awake, 10 being ZZZZZZZzzzzZZ)<<

I actualy sleep quite alot, 10-11 hrs every nite.

I meant poor quality of the sleep which was minorly disturbed where I could wake up easily INSTEAD of even ZZZ when a tank was running around.

I know there is really nothing I can do, but just courious in finding out how baddly can that be...

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It is normal to wake up every once in a while during sleep. The body sleeps in 90 minute cycles, and in between cycles you might wake up for a bit.

If you're having significant problems when sleeping 10+ hours a night, try going back to 7-9 for a week or so and see if that helps (easier said than done I know :) )

Unbridled_1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A bad sleep would hinder your recovery time, but all is not lost from your workout. Most (approx 75%) of a males growth hormone(GH), which is responsible for repairing and rebuilding muscle, is released when you sleep.

GH is released in approximately four pulses throughout the night, the first occuring approximately 2-2.5 hrs after you fall asleep, i.e. you are in a deep (REM) sleep. Each additional pulse of GH may take 1-1.5 hrs after this first one. Therefore, as long as you get 6-7 hrs of sleep you should be fine.

If you wakeup in between, it does alter when these pulses occur. For example, children with sleep apnea grow very little.