Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Afc-Among (and a couple new terms)

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So ok I was at the bar this weekend, and I figured, you know what there differen't types of afc's. You can't just call one afc, an afc. I've been talking to a couple other buddies (in the community)and I use these terms with them now. I'm pretty sure you have seen them

Drunk-Afc= This is the guy you see, who is too shy to talk to girls, gets liquored up and is everywhere, usually he strikes out because he is very drunk and half the time doesn't realize he is turning the chicks of.

Thug-Afc= This is the guy, usually dressed as a "gangster" you don't wanna start stuff with him:rolleyes: however usually he is on the dance floor with his drink. He doesn't dance just leans back, usually he tries to pull girls by their arm or waits for them to appraoch him. Or better yet he might holla at them when their drunk at the end of the night.

Afc-Among=One of my buddies is one of those, its a guy who is an amog, but has super afc tendeices(either shy, or self-concious). Typically he tries to Amog you(espeicaly in front of girls when you spitting game), but is scared as well he is super tight with the Drunk Afc.

Gay-Amog= A gay amog, in a group of female friends, or a guy who is uber-metro (you know, super tight shirt, ripped jeans, with the belt buckle)

add on

The Master Disaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Self-Hating-AFC: (My roommate is one of these) Tries so hard to meet women; then puts himself out there to start creeping out women. Eventually he does the most AFCish action causing the woman to be completely turned off. In turn, he starts to hate himself because he convinces himself that he had a chance.

Woman-Hating-AFC: A guy who convinces himself that he doesn't need women, so he spends the first 40 years of his life never so much as talking to another woman without coming off bashful and creepy.

Nieve-AFC: A guy who thinks he games women really well; however, he forces himself on women so heavily that the women feel claustrophobic and run away screaming, yet he calls himself a "Ladies Man."

Pas-d'Action-AFC:: A guy who can get women easily attracted, sometimes heavily interested, yet he never acts and the women get bored. This happens because the man can't read women or lacks self-confidence. May of been teased by other kids in high school.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yah...thats what this site needs. more nerdy terms. Must you label every single little thing? All of this thinking is whats blocking your flow...let the labels go..become what you want to become and forget this crap, this doesn't help, it just adds to the noise to signal ratio in your head.

OTB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dropping bombs on AFC strongholds in the city that
Warrior74 said:
yah...thats what this site needs. more nerdy terms. Must you label every single little thing? All of this thinking is whats blocking your flow...let the labels go..become what you want to become and forget this crap, this doesn't help, it just adds to the noise to signal ratio in your head.
Although I can see that you are quite reputable on this site & unlike many others on this forum - you know what you're talking about. Still, I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with you on this one.

Warrior74 said:
yah...thats what this site needs. more nerdy terms. Must you label every single little thing? .
"Nerdy Terms?" ------> Quit hating man!

This is called a Discussion Forum for a reason, and if breaking down every single social interaction tehy see into even more scientific terms helps some of these men get better with women and improve their lives in general, then so be it!

Everyone learns in different ways, Who's to say which way is better???

Every individual has their own unique learning style which is best suitable to them.... :up:
To put it in simpler terms:

Different strokes for different folks! :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

OTB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Solomon said:
Thug-Afc= This is the guy, usually dressed as a "gangster" you don't wanna start stuff with him:rolleyes: however usually he is on the dance floor with his drink. He doesn't dance just leans back, usually he tries to pull girls by their arm or waits for them to appraoch him. Or better yet he might holla at them when their drunk at the end of the night.
Wow, I didn't know other people have been noticing this peculiar phenomenon before reading this...... :cool:

To start off, these are probably the most self-decieving types of individuals on the planet :mad:

They dress, talk and put all their effort into developing a persona of a "hard thug"...

But deep down inside, they are still the same self-consious, self-hating beta-male chumps that they were before adopting this whole new "tough" exterior

Me still being a teenager at the age of 17, I have the pleasure of attending all the "Teen Club Nights" in the New York City area....

When at these venues, the possiblity of sighting this disgusting specimen is quite commmon ------> Characteristics include:
- Surrounding the perimeter of the dance floor and obstructing the movement of all others
- Not having the self-confidence required to display any kind of dance moves (let alone actually have the balls to dance or grind with girls)
- Not having the courage to even talk to any of the good-looking girls in the club
- Still having the audacity to grill you and give you looks in a pathetic attempt of maintaining their artificial sense of superiority.

Contrary to what you have previously stated,
In my experience of seeing these so-called "thugs".... They don't even have the balls to talk or even holler at an HB!

But yes, these fools are ridiculous and utterly laugh-able! :p

DJVladdy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Warrior - matter fact those who could not understand his simple true statement really need to get their head out of their ass.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OTB said:
Although I can see that you are quite reputable on this site & unlike many others on this forum - you know what you're talking about. Still, I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with you on this one.

"Nerdy Terms?" ------> Quit hating man!

This is called a Discussion Forum for a reason, and if breaking down every single social interaction tehy see into even more scientific terms helps some of these men get better with women and improve their lives in general, then so be it!

Everyone learns in different ways, Who's to say which way is better???

Every individual has their own unique learning style which is best suitable to them.... :up:
To put it in simpler terms:

Different strokes for different folks! :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
Like you said. its a discussion forum. You don't like it....then as you say..quit hating. I say its way to nerdified to go breaking down sub catagories of freaking afcs...i don't even think about afcs on a daily basis. I don't think about other guys at all when I'm out and doing my thing. You get me? It's cool dudes, haters and ****blockers. thats all there is. you can keep breaking things down, but eventually you get so caught up that process that you may miss the bigger picture. I'm a nerd myself...this is one of the things I had to learn to avoid. the constant over analysing of everything.
Different strokes indeed.

MisterMcGee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AFC who is to afraid of an actual relationship: Likes a girl a lot, and will simply go out and tell her, or her friends. He does this because he wants drama to ooze out of the crush he has for this girl. Nothing more, nothing less. He doesn't expect anything to actually happen between him and the girl, he just subconsciously wants the drama of it, and for people to think they might be cute together.

OTB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Solomon said:
Afc-Among=One of my buddies is one of those, its a guy who is an amog, but has super afc tendeices(either shy, or self-concious). Typically he tries to Amog you(espeicaly in front of girls when you spitting game), but is scared as well he is super tight with the Drunk Afc.
I actually know exactly what you mean! :up:

I was very similar to this my Freshman & Sophmore year of High School...... :nervous:

More specifically, I had not problems being social with any of the guys and proabably had the greatest amount of friends in our grade....
But when it came to women, I was an utter failure,
I was too shy & self-consious to have a normal conversation with them and would even be rejected by the average looking chicks! :cuss:
Thank God all those dark days are behind me now! :D

There have actually been several studies conducted showing that the behavior a man displays in the "boardroom" (aka Work & interactions among other competing males) may be very different from the way he acts in the "bedroom" (aka Sex & the amount of power he retains in relationships with various women)

Aragon034

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I throw my hat into the ring. I stand by Warrior and say this is seriously overanalysing.

OTB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aragon034 said:
I throw my hat into the ring. I stand by Warrior and say this is seriously overanalysing.
Wow... I didn't know this turned into a "ring match" between Me & Warrior :eek:

And no, I'm not gonna continue arguing with him throughout this thread.

He does have a valid point :up:

Reaction score
holy ****,I can honestly say,I see alot of myself in some of those descriptions.

Esp.Pas-d'Action-AFC:: A guy who can get women easily attracted, sometimes heavily interested, yet he never acts and the women get bored. This happens because the man can't read women or lacks self-confidence. May of been teased by other kids in high school.

and

Self-Hating-AFC: (My roommate is one of these) Tries so hard to meet women; then puts himself out there to start creeping out women. Eventually he does the most AFCish action causing the woman to be completely turned off. In turn, he starts to hate himself because he convinces himself that he had a chance.

Woman-Hating-AFC: A guy who convinces himself that he doesn't need women, so he spends the first 40 years of his life never so much as talking to another woman without coming off bashful and creepy

magickarl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The AFP

The Average Frustrated Player

The average frustrated player is a tricky one. He can attract women, get them interested, seal the deal, and bang the girl for a while. In fact, he can even spin multiple plates for a while. The problem comes in when he gets way too attached to his plates way too fast. He starts doing AFC things like always agreeing with the woman or complimenting her in an attempt to woo her. What he doesn't realize is that he already has the woman, and that the need to win her over has passed.

Stranger yet, he did not win the woman over by patronizing her, but for some reason believes that the best way to keep her interested is by patronizing her. He lacks true confidence, and is self conscious. He can not be called an AFC because he lacks a lot of the AFC traits: Women can see his potential enough to be attracted to him, and he can usually be very smooth with words and feels comfortable talking to women. He can not be called a player because he lacks the defining traits of a player: Although he may be seeing more than one woman, he showers each one with attention and maintains multiple one-itis's. He is constantly in search of that special woman to the extent that he may have pushed her away by coming on way too strong.

At heart, he is still afraid of rejection. Not in the sense that he believes that he will be rejected right off the bat, but in the sense that he believes that he can not keep a woman. He is usually very jealous of other men, and gets wishy-washy easily. This becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, and in an attempt to circumvent it he goes full blown AFC.

It is a strange formula, and operates in a cycle: Smooth as silk -> Attracts a lady -> Gets attached to the lady -> Goes AFC on her -> The lady pushes away -> Goes even more AFC -> Loses the lady, and begins the cycle all over again. Each time it becomes more and more tragic, because the AFP thinks that what he did wrong was not be sweet enough.

I have a few friends like this, and it is really sad to watch.

Aragon034

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OTB said:
Wow... I didn't know this turned into a "ring match" between Me & Warrior :eek:

And no, I'm not gonna continue arguing with him throughout this thread.

He does have a valid point :up:
lol, that's not what i meant :p i just use fight terminology in my everyday vocabulary.

Reaction score
magickarl said:
The AFP

The Average Frustrated Player

The average frustrated player is a tricky one. He can attract women, get them interested, seal the deal, and bang the girl for a while. In fact, he can even spin multiple plates for a while. The problem comes in when he gets way too attached to his plates way too fast. He starts doing AFC things like always agreeing with the woman or complimenting her in an attempt to woo her. What he doesn't realize is that he already has the woman, and that the need to win her over has passed.

Stranger yet, he did not win the woman over by patronizing her, but for some reason believes that the best way to keep her interested is by patronizing her. He lacks true confidence, and is self conscious. He can not be called an AFC because he lacks a lot of the AFC traits: Women can see his potential enough to be attracted to him, and he can usually be very smooth with words and feels comfortable talking to women. He can not be called a player because he lacks the defining traits of a player: Although he may be seeing more than one woman, he showers each one with attention and maintains multiple one-itis's. He is constantly in search of that special woman to the extent that he may have pushed her away by coming on way too strong.

At heart, he is still afraid of rejection. Not in the sense that he believes that he will be rejected right off the bat, but in the sense that he believes that he can not keep a woman. He is usually very jealous of other men, and gets wishy-washy easily. This becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, and in an attempt to circumvent it he goes full blown AFC.

It is a strange formula, and operates in a cycle: Smooth as silk -> Attracts a lady -> Gets attached to the lady -> Goes AFC on her -> The lady pushes away -> Goes even more AFC -> Loses the lady, and begins the cycle all over again. Each time it becomes more and more tragic, because the AFP thinks that what he did wrong was not be sweet enough.

I have a few friends like this, and it is really sad to watch.
wow, that has been said amazingly... i believe we have a couple of AFPs on our forum

Kal0051

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Master Disaster said:
Pas-d'Action-AFC:: A guy who can get women easily attracted, sometimes heavily interested, yet he never acts and the women get bored. This happens because the man can't read women or lacks self-confidence. May of been teased by other kids in high school.
lol, this sounds like me a bit, even the teased in hs part. My problem is I could never tell when a woman was interested so I just assumed they weren't and didn't put myself out there. Or I'd only figure out they were interested after they had already lost interest and would try to put myself out there then, in which most of the time didn't keep them around long (I'd usually fvck them, but eventually their interest would die completely). I don't really consider myself an afc (mainly because I'm not at all frustrated), but I try and work on my ability to read women, which seems to be paying off a bit.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like, oh my god!! You guys are SSOOOOO 2008. Dont you know they're called CHODES, now??? Like, get with the F.P.! Only Chode-warriors say AFC!

Reaction score
I agree with the people that have said "What does it matter what other guys are doing?" I mean unless they're trying to ****block you, why does it matter?

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oldschooler said:
ASP - Average Sosuave Poster
Your average Sosuave poster is normally a guy who's just found this site and possibly been here a few months with a post count in the hundreds atleast.

Such a guy has already read a ton of theory and started to analyse like crazy in an attempt to stop the AFC traits he's identified in himself.
Typically your ASP loves to scrutinize theory from the safety of his computer and doesn't have a day on the field despite how many times they've 'finished boot-camp'.

They tend to post ideas over and over but with a slightly new spin on them.
An example would be: Pook's Be a man > Oldschooler's Be a wo-man.
Because they know so much theory every ASP can't help but give every 'AFC' advice on their situation with stock theory not original insight.

ASP's analysis of the game continues and intensifies in real life.
They'll over do almost every techniques because they believe such things as C & F WILL get them laid 6 times over before brunch.
So they send an insulting text message or IM which they thought was genius then post a thread here asking 'What went wrong' and recieveing roughly 10 replies from other ASP's and 1 reply from someone who might actually know their stuff yet gets flamed repeatedly by ASP's.

Interesting enough ASP doesn't apply the theory to anything other than an over expanding memory bank of memories from times of being LBF similar to the way an insecure girl paints her face with makeup.

ASP's put simply are just AFC's with internet access and typically stumble here from Googling for 'the secrets to meeting and dating women'.

An important note on ASP's: If they flame your post, don't bother replying because you know they're ASP's. An IRL player who happens to post here wouldn't waste his time flaming your post and even if he did, he would probably insult you crudely not your logic.

ASP's also tend to frequent 'Don Juan Discussion' and the norm there is to post problems that they tend to think are unique even if they themselves have read a few articles on their problem without realising it.

It's best not to give an ASP advice because unless you're an aspiring author you would have wasted your time.
ASP's with their unchanging nature tend to never leave here after a certain number of posts to get them 'hooked', again don't bother trying to help because they truely just find it easier to read about than do.

I could go on..
:crackup:

Kal0051

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, awesome oldschooler, you made my day :crackup: .