Sorry dude, but you need to get burned here. Let's examine all the many mistakes and charateristics which have quite possibly sabotaged your chances with her.
Originally posted by Goose
This girl would call me everyday. She'd invite me over to watch movies and stuff. She'd say stuff like do you think im pretty and stuff like that. She'd buy me stuff too. I'm pretty sure she liked me. But I was never really comfortable making a move on her for one reason. She never really showed any physical signs interest.
Despite the fact that you directly refute that 'one reason' later on by noting that she would grab your @ss, at this point I have to ask what in hell or purgatory were you waiting for an engraved invitation? The incessant calling hould've been enough to tip you off to her interest level from the word go. She not only gave you signs of interest, but strong physical signs of interest and you were too busy hemming and hawwing to remove your head from your @ss long enough to notice the scenery.
She contacted
you on a regular basis...
She ARRANGED FOR YOU TO SPEND TIME TOGETHER ALONE!!!
She constantly solicitted your praise. (Hint: if you like someone, you generally like to know that they reciprocate)
She even bought you stuff. (hmmm... buying affection; see: High interest level)
Face it. She did everything but completely drop her ASD and you choked beause, as you put it,"I'm pretty sure she liked me." She used everything but smoke signals to let you know she was interested and you were only 'pretty sure'. What type of a heinous wretch do you take yourself for, or are you really that naive?
Usually when I hook up with a chic they do little things to show that its ok to get physical like put there hands on ur neck and say there cold, or put there arm around you or somthing. The thing is when i first met her she was real physical with me.
Just interjecting to point out that your main reservation was completely unfounded from the get go, and you should've realized it.
She would slap my butt and take my arm and stuff. But I didn't like her back then. I grew to like her and started hanging out with her later. I think by then she was afraid to do anything cuz she was worried that I didn't like her. I really didn't show any interest in the beginning cuz i wasn't interested in the beginning.
So you didn't like her in the beginning but came to later on only as she was recoiling from your lack of reciprocation. So you did nothing. You knew that she liked you, you knew that you liked her, and you did nothing, in essence widening the chasm which you had created between the two of you. You should've gone for it the second you saw what was there between you.
The solution, in fact, the only way you will progress to the next stage in becoming a better DJ and a better person is to develop a "less brains, more balls" approach in the future. Ambivalence is your enemy. Inertia is your enemy. Learn from these mistakes, and develop your confidence in yourself. Why wouldn't she like you? You are the prize and you know she knew that. I think that deep down, if you had also known this, you two would be together making sweet love instead of sitting in front of that computer screen, alone and confused.
-CyranoDeBergerac