Achieving Financial Goals Before 30-35

inquisitor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know that the case is different in every country (I'm in an Asian third world one), but I'd still rather hear your thoughts, opinions, life lessons on focus and efficiency, mistakes and how to have best faced them, what motivated and still motivates you to push through, where and how to harness discipline, etc.

I'm currently in college, about a year left to finish my Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, and planning to take Master's. I envision a future where I am not stressed too much about wealth. I have psoriasis which I need to manage and consider finance-wise.

What steps did you take? What failures did you go through and how did you surface stronger? What would you have told your younger self, knowing that there was the possibility of attaining your financial goals earlier? Any thoughts about working abroad? Any advice that worked on you and brought you to where you are now?

Anything, I am deeply thankful for.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I know that the case is different in every country (I'm in an Asian third world one), but I'd still rather hear your thoughts, opinions, life lessons on focus and efficiency, mistakes and how to have best faced them, what motivated and still motivates you to push through, where and how to harness discipline, etc.

I'm currently in college, about a year left to finish my Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, and planning to take Master's. I envision a future where I am not stressed too much about wealth. I have psoriasis which I need to manage and consider finance-wise.

What steps did you take? What failures did you go through and how did you surface stronger? What would you have told your younger self, knowing that there was the possibility of attaining your financial goals earlier? Any thoughts about working abroad? Any advice that worked on you and brought you to where you are now?

Anything, I am deeply thankful for.
I had psoriasis as well but have been clear since I have been on Cosentyx/Skyrizi.

Both have free programs and copay assistance so I literally pay 0 dollars for it.

You should look into that, there is no reason to deal with that, it's the holy grail of psoriasis treatments and very low to no side effects

inquisitor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had psoriasis as well but have been clear since I have been on Cosentyx/Skyrizi.

Both have free programs and copay assistance so I literally pay 0 dollars for it.

You should look into that, there is no reason to deal with that, it's the holy grail of psoriasis treatments and very low to no side effects
I will. At what age did you start these programs? How long did these programs take? Where are you from, or where are these available?

Also, when you were still having symptoms, how did you deal with rationalizing when a coping mechanism is still healthy or unhealthy?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I will. At what age did you start these programs? How long did these programs take? Where are you from, or where are these available?

Also, when you were still having symptoms, how did you deal with rationalizing when a coping mechanism is still healthy or unhealthy?
I was in my mid 30s when I started and had been on Cosentyx for like 6 years and then switched to Skyrizi about 2 years ago due to insurance not wanting to cover Cosentyx anymore.

Within 3-4 weeks I was completely clear and have stayed clear ever since. It was literally the best thing I ever did for it and an amazing transformation.

I am in the US, not sure if they do these in other countries but you can go check their websites they have all the info there on them. Your doctor has to fill out some paperwork and send it in but they know all about it as it's pretty common...I think the majority of patients are using it as it costs like $15-20K per dose.

Really isn't much to rationalize, it's an autoimmune condition and your body is overproducing skin cells at a much higher turnover rate than normal. Studies implicate calcium being in the wrong places as one of the factors that cause this as the body sends immune cells to get it out of there as it thinks it's an invader but the immune cells can't and they get stuck there which then causes the redness and inflammatory reactions.

Some things you can try that actually helped others but not me(I literally tried every natural thing under the sun for 10 years before going on the biologics because before Cosentyx came out the only ones they had were very bad and caused significant immune system issues...these do not, they cause almost no issues) are Vitamin D(10,000 IU a day), magnesium oil and tanning(UVB preferably but normal tanning booth works also). Also strict anti-inflammatory diets can help in some people if it's caused by gut permeability and overgrowth of candida albicans leading to the our gut wall being compromised and undigested food particles getting into the bloodstream which is then treated as hostile invaders by the immune system.

I was somewhat of a hero on the psoriasis forums back on the day because my suggestions probably helped 100+ people become clear due to deficiencies they had of either Vitamin D, dietary issues, magnesium oil or other things and I received lots of PMs thanking me for that info since it helped them...made me feel good but none of that helped me at all. Psoriasis is somewhat weird as there are multiple reasons for why a person can get it, some are easy to clear and others are not if they are genetic.

So maybe try those first and see if they help, if not then yours is genetic and nothing will likely help other than those

Last edited:

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Businesses are run by people, not machines.

I know many people with Master degrees and every single one of them needed a reality check early on, that the wage your looking at is a speculation at best and maybe not even an informed one.

Until you have somebody saying, "I will pay you this" assume you'll be making minimum wage.

Reincarnated

Don Juan
Reaction score
Deferred gratification is the key in my opinion. I'm sure the student debt situation is different in your country, but I graduated business school with a combined $70k in debt from undergrad and graduate school (accounting major). I sacrificed some enjoyment in the first couple years out of college and paid the whole debt off in 2 years in order to free up my cash flow, something that would've taken 5-10 years for most people.

This has allowed me to aggressively save for retirement and a large down payment on a mortgage when most in this generation can't even imagine owning a home before age 30. At 26 I have a year's salary in retirement savings when most advisors would consider that a good goal to have by age 30.

Sure I've given up some good times, but these decisions have given me a lot of optionality for the future, which is very underrated. It's the same thing with fitness or time management in general, the long-term benefits of deferred gratification in my opinion are almost always better than what you give up in the short term.