"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

accepting compliments

wildchild

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2002
Messages
342
Reaction score
2
Age
42
What is the best thing to do if a girl says somthing like " you are really nice looking" what is the best way to accept it?..catchya
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
324
Reaction score
1
Location
SOL III/Terra
Reply with something ****y and funny like, "I don't blame you for saying that. I am really nice looking."
 

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,574
Reaction score
66
Age
52
Location
Los Angeles
Originally posted by wildchild
What is the best thing to do if a girl says somthing like " you are really nice looking" what is the best way to accept it?..catchya
"You know what? You have very good taste!" :D
 

Soma

Banned
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
499
Reaction score
0
Location
Bay Area, California
Tell her she's a liar and bite her on the arm. Hard.
 

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
18
Age
47
Location
Hiding in Penkitten's Linen Closet
Originally posted by wildchild
What is the best thing to do if a girl says somthing like " you are really nice looking" what is the best way to accept it?..catchya
Whenever someone gives me a really sincere compliment, my usual answer is as follows:

HER: Wow, you're attractive, smart AND funny!
ME: That's what I keep trying to tell everybody.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Kaine

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
475
Reaction score
1
Location
In your head
hahaha love it, thats too much ammo for a smooth criminal ;)

Her: " you are really nice looking"

Looking in her eyes with a sly grin:

1. Are you hitting on me?
2. Why don't you just ask me for my number
3. Hey I'm not thaaaat easy
4. Is that your way of asking me out?
5. Is that the best pickup line you have?
6. Hey, glad we have something in common
7. What? Even without the makeup?
8. Finally a women who speaks her mind!
9.
*badly acting it's hard to hear*
Sorry what was that you said?...
What?....
Didn't quite get you?...
Say that again?...
What???
Oh... I just like the sound of voice when you say it.
*apply Kino here*

:D

Hehehe otherwise

Just say.... "Thanks" and move on to something else like it was nothing.
This forces her to assume that you get that a lot and it doesn't really mean that much to you. She might even call you on it. I love this. Good default reaction for those still on their training wheels.
 

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 5, 2003
Messages
461
Reaction score
1
Age
43
Re: Re: accepting compliments

Originally posted by Soma
Tell her she's a liar and bite her on the arm. Hard.
Unique, fun, class.
 

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
Originally posted by Kaine
hahaha love it, thats too much ammo for a smooth criminal ;)

Her: " you are really nice looking"

Looking in her eyes with a sly grin:


6. Hey, glad we have something in common
haha that would count as a compliment towards a fat ugly girl.

her: "you are really nice looking."

Me: you want me dont you? (with a grin and my hand on my chin with the look that im thinking of something naughty)
Me: and?
me: finally! someone that doesnt look at my inner beauty!
me: Exactly!
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Her: "Your really good lookin"
Me: "I know ;)"
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
3
just don't act too thankful like you've never heard it before.
 

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
961
Reaction score
16
Location
Maryland
Here was my latest...

HB: "Hey, your really hot btw"
ME: "So thats why all the girls look at me?"
 

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Messages
1,143
Reaction score
13
Age
44
Location
Pittsburgh
Originally posted by Interpol
Her: Hey, you're really cute!

You: Come on, you think I haven't heard that one before?
thats good
 

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 22, 2001
Messages
694
Reaction score
2
Location
NL
Re: Re: accepting compliments

Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
HER: Wow, you're attractive, smart AND funny!
ME: That's what I keep trying to tell everybody.
Nice!
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Messages
4,413
Reaction score
296
Location
UK
If it's a female friend who compliments me, I'll get a bit c+f on her. i.e. if she compliments my looks, I'll accuse her of not appreciating my intelligence or accuse her of buttering me up with compliments because she wants to sleep with me.

However, when it's a stranger or someone I barely know who compliments me, I just say "thanks". I noticed that this is how most confident HBs take compliments and it indicates that receiving them is no big deal.
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by wildchild
What is the best thing to do if a girl says somthing like " you are really nice looking" what is the best way to accept it?..catchya
"Thank you" is normal.

If you want to be ****ier, say something like "I know." and give her a big grin.

Or just don't say sh!t. It drives 'em nuts when they throw you compliments and you don't react. I guess they think "He must get that ALL the time if he takes it so nonchalantly". Or something, fvck'f I know.
 

B9

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 25, 2002
Messages
469
Reaction score
2
Location
Denmark
Originally posted by ScrewIt
me: finally! someone that doesnt look at my inner beauty!
hehe, I like that one. Delivered with a dead serious face saying "it really means a lot to me to have somebody not just look at my inner beauty" I can see that one being the dog's b*llocks. ,)

I usually say something like "well, it's hard not to."
 
Top