Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Abundance - only with Women?

Marek

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tomassi writes extensively about the value of having options (spinning plates) and how it allows a man to operate from an abundance mindset.

I was wondering whether that abundance could come from a group of close male friends as well. In my experience, it is extremely difficult for guys past the university age to maintain or let alone build up a circle of male friends. And with friends I mean people you feel close to, that you can confide in and that are as important a part of your life as a female partner.

One big reason for why guys are so easy to "lure in" by women is because we are often quite alone and without deep connection to our peers.

I think having such deep connections could create a very strong base for a man, give balance and confidence. And with that, also make the man more attractive to women.

Anybody given this some thought or can maybe even speak from experience?

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think abundance of male friend is a + for sure if your not the type that stop seeing your friend when your in a ltr

However i thin abundance with women makes your SMV much higher

Abundance of guy friend +1 SMV
Women +3 SMV

Thats just an example not sure how to put this into numbers

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s good to have diverse and numerous social spheres. That in itself creates abundance from a social perspective. Think tribal behavior. If you’re a part of a wolf pack, you have been pre-selected and will be more attractive to a woman who is looking to extract resources from a perceived valuable partner.

I know if a plate flakes, nexts, etc. I have fallback social spheres to lift me up and keep me balanced. It’s bad for someone of any gender to not have a support system to support mental health through and through.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's good to have friends, but that's not the same thing as having female partners. I see what you are saying though.

I remember some guys here used to say that a hobby or an interest could be a "plate". Because it took up your time and kept your mind from being totally focused on women. Again, I see what they are saying, but I don't agree with it. I don't see a hobby (or a male friend) as a "plate".
Bottom line though, if that way of thinking benefits you, go for it.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gives you more things to do and less likely to be needy with your girl, and a great support system if the relationship fails. Drinking and watching football with the guys isn't a substitute for a good woman but it's pretty damn good.
Well its damn better than being with a bad woman or being NEEDY next to one that is starting to wear thin.

Marek

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thinking of footy and beer when it comes to male friends is part of the issue I'm adressing.

I know it's very rare in our culture to have meaningful connections with other men, but I think in them lies great potential.

Glover mentions the value of men's groups in "No More Mr. Nice Guy". How healthy and benefitial it is to talk with other guys about what's going on deep inside, way below cars, b00bs and sports. Basically the stuff that (I personally) only used to talk to female partners about.

Having that connection, but without the sexual agenda, is great stuff. And with that covered, all that's left for women to offer is intimacy. Which is a long way from the "I'm the center of your life" that current monogamy strives for.

I have a feeling it's a position of great power for men. In regards to support in current affairs, but also in regards to fostering growth.

Imagine a wife but without the sex - that's the connection I'm talking about. Times five or whatever size you'd like your circle of friends to be.

Men can be so much more than footy and beer.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tomassi writes extensively about the value of having options (spinning plates) and how it allows a man to operate from an abundance mindset.

I was wondering whether that abundance could come from a group of close male friends as well. In my experience, it is extremely difficult for guys past the university age to maintain or let alone build up a circle of male friends. And with friends I mean people you feel close to, that you can confide in and that are as important a part of your life as a female partner.

One big reason for why guys are so easy to "lure in" by women is because we are often quite alone and without deep connection to our peers.

I think having such deep connections could create a very strong base for a man, give balance and confidence. And with that, also make the man more attractive to women.

Rollo is brilliant for the books. He also defended thots from being audited for tax evasion. He also is married and could be divorced raped. He calls out purple pill, rsd and mgtow (no marriage or cohabitation) yet, is married.

Learn from sources but don't follow blindly.

Game equates to compliance. Chat up everyone. Dude are wings, friends, and a expansion of your social circle. Spin plates, hit on babes, go get baeeeees. Chain gun cold approach. Swipe right at life. Dtf or next!

Women have friends who have friends, a younger sister, etc. It's win win.

Getting older, motivation and declining testosterone are a issue. Lift. Go heavy. Good form. Diet on point. Felix Denis emphasised as a younger lion seeking out a hungry young lion. The apprentice me tor model is that. Young guns are out getting babes but uncalibrated. The energy is powerful. One of my wings is 22. I am 30.

It's about perspective. You will see friends marry, play house, get trapped in accidentally on purpose pregnancy. It's a notion to man up and marry these sluts. Don't buy in. If not on top form SMV, next set.

Qwazi

Don Juan
Reaction score
I cant imagine the situation that somebody would try to use me as a friend..

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Rollo is brilliant for the books. He also defended thots from being audited for tax evasion. He also is married and could be divorced raped. He calls out purple pill, rsd and mgtow (no marriage or cohabitation) yet, is married.

Learn from sources but don't follow blindly.

Game equates to compliance. Chat up everyone. Dude are wings, friends, and a expansion of your social circle. Spin plates, hit on babes, go get baeeeees. Chain gun cold approach. Swipe right at life. Dtf or next!

Women have friends who have friends, a younger sister, etc. It's win win.

Getting older, motivation and declining testosterone are a issue. Lift. Go heavy. Good form. Diet on point. Felix Denis emphasised as a younger lion seeking out a hungry young lion. The apprentice me tor model is that. Young guns are out getting babes but uncalibrated. The energy is powerful. One of my wings is 22. I am 30.

It's about perspective. You will see friends marry, play house, get trapped in accidentally on purpose pregnancy. It's a notion to man up and marry these sluts. Don't buy in. If not on top form SMV, next set.
A very good post Dee.

Jack12345

Banned
Reaction score
By 30 most of your male friends and male around would be married or putting the get married thing in front of all the other things in life.. so this is really about yourself

This is not meaning you shouldn't be in group of men with shared interests, but this is different from the friendships and connections u used to have at your 20's

There is a phase in life when you are on your own

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Having male friends can be very helpful to the single man, first you are no longer the loner , second they provide good companionship that make you happy and not desperate.
For me finding a male friends is very hard, as you need to find people on your same level financially (if you are post graduate ) and same stage on life. so you cant talk about girls if the other person is married, etc .

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's called "Vocational Friendship" each male friend in your life brings something to it. Many are one dimensional, sharing an interest for example, like weight lifting or car restoration or golf. Some are more of a career friend. Someone in your industry, a vendor, colleague or a customer. Others you might share similar ideals and values. You spend time vacationing together etc.

Kinda like plates.

Don't ask them to be what they are not, and appreciate the parts you enjoy.