Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

About Pook.

Matlm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Has anyone here really applied Pook's Philosophies? I mean seriously, his way of life is so different than mine that I am just scared as hell of giving up my old desperate ways mainly because it's what I have known all my life.

I guess what I really need is someone further along the Pook's path to tell me what it's like. Please don't post if you think the Pook philosophy has helped you. Only post if you know for a fact that it has been the right path for you to follow. Tell me about your experience.

Look, I don't have any doubt that Pook is right. Just right now all I need is some reassurance because I am about to give up things I have known my whole life, and it's scary as ****.

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never seen or read about pooks philosophy so can't comment :p
Where could I find anything on it?

Matlm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am giving up the belief that women are the catch and not myself.
I am giving up the belief I need external things to be happy/complete. Pook's writings are in all of the DJ bibles. He is considered to be a diety here.

Lone_raider

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is starting to sound very much like Buddhism. Give up your attachment and remove your own ego. It's good stuff, and has been the right path for me as I'm a follower of Buddhist ideas anyway so it doesn't conflict. I find it interesting that the Buddhists have known about this stuff for thousands of years and many are just discovering it now :D

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lone_raider
This is starting to sound very much like Buddhism. Give up your attachment and remove your own ego. It's good stuff, and has been the right path for me as I'm a follower of Buddhist ideas anyway so it doesn't conflict. I find it interesting that the Buddhists have known about this stuff for thousands of years and many are just discovering it now :D
Just curious, is there a conflict between Buddhism and Don Juanism?

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Matlm,

He simply says 'focus on yourself.' He has his life, you have your life, he is simply saying for you to focus on you. 'Focus on yourself' cleared up a lot of things for myself, and so yes it helped me. He also says to think yourself as the prize, which effectively is to the same theme. It is true that you become whatever you think, something which practically all major philosophers throughout time have universally agreed upon.

Focus on yourself. How hard could that be?

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really dig Pook's philosophies. This site isn't just about scoring with chiks - Its a whole new way of life, that spills out in to the real world, dealing with school/work/people, and most importantly, YOURSELF, and every facit of life imaginable. All I can say is, take it one day at a time. It takes time to change, and time to grow. Good Luck:cool:

WatchMeWalk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Matlm
I am giving up the belief that women are the catch
Once I realized what kind of "catch" American women really are, I never looked back.

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WatchMeWalk
Once I realized what kind of "catch" American women really are, I never looked back.
I'll give a big "AMEN" to that :)

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pook's philosophy in my opinion is just a matter of ...uncommon sense. I would say common, but apparently it is not.

I recall a movie with Steve Martin called "The Lonely Guy". The guy wrote this book, it sold then he became a successful author. Women who previously flaked on him were now chasing him.

There was a scene on a talk show where he said that, yes, he was no longer lonely, but he attributed that to his success of the book and subsequently the increased income.

The women of the crowd all said "No! It was the fact that you had developed a life! You had something in your life besides that unattractive desperation." (That's really paraphrasing - haven't seen it in years.)

In a nutshell, Pook is simply saying that the easiest way to be successful with women, is to be successful at everything else that you do. If you have free time, be productive with it. Take up a hobby, reward yourself.

My hobby is coaching chess, tweaking my car for increased horsepower and unfortunately, landscaping. (cutting grass - hate it!)
These things keep me busy, help me to realize that if I don't call Celeste or Dana or Christina or Melanie or Rochelle or Danielle or Elise the world will not stop. My heart will continue to beat. I will get my joy from the things I do, not from the people I do them with.

This is the part that really is difficult to swallow. I love the company of women. Not look to women for my happiness...
Well, it was a bit weird, but you really do need to be happy alone before you can be happy with someone else.

So, yes, go for it. Even if you don't meet tons of beautiful women, at least you'll be respected and gainfully employed. You will have a rich, rewarding life.

Best of luck.

strong like bull

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Big Pappy stated:

In a nutshell, Pook is simply saying that the easiest way to be successful with women, is to be successful at everything else that you do. If you have free time, be productive with it. Take up a hobby, reward yourself.
things keep me busy, help me to realize that if I don't call Celeste or Dana or Christina or Melanie or Rochelle or Danielle or Elise the world will not stop. My heart will continue to beat. I will get my joy from the things I do, not from the people I do them with.

i completely agree. its like some universal law. every point in my life where id focus on my interests - vs focusing on women - i end up attracting them without wanting to. e.g i recently went through a faze where i seemed to be slipping back to AFC land; i felt as though id lost my c&f ability and everything else of value. after a while, things fell back into perspective. i returned to focusing on making my money, playing basketball and working out. thats ALL i did for several weeks; go to work, then obsessively hit the gym - because thats where my interest was.

a week ago i hit it off with a beautiful 17 yr old, 6'1" german exchange student. even now that were dating, i still focus on my interests. women can be great company, but i dont need them. i know this. i understand that when ms germany moves back home its okay, because ill meet another knockout just as easily. i know that she isnt a fluke, because this always happens to me. every time i focus on my interests and persue my desires, gifts (such as women) just seem to gravitate towards me.

imo thats one of the greastest aspects of pooks philosophy. you live for YOURSELF. live to make yourself successful, blossom into the wonderful being youve always dreamed of being. women -will- become attracted to you. they will follow you around, meanwhile, you feel aloof and unphased because you understand that its really no big deal.

its an incredible feeling.

divega

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey.. you can think for yourself. Just pick and choose what is useful from various people here. Form your own philosophies, and don't take everything a single person says as fact or lies. Choose what is applicable to your life.

JohnGalt

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pook would be the first guy to stand up and say philosophy is a load of bull****.

Phoebus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would you ever consider anyone except yourself as "the prize?" In this world, you are all you have. You are all you will ever have. Sorry, but that is the truth. No one (not your parents, siblings, friends, or lover) will be around for ever. In the end, the world and all of reality, revolves around you and you alone. Reality is in the eye of the beholder. The world is what you make it.

When asked, all of my previous girlfriends have said that they were attracted to me because they thought "Why does he think he is sooooo cool?" That made them want to find the answer.

Why is the woman the "prize?" Becuase she is beuatiful? Chances are that is all you know about her. So what? Beauty really isn't as uncommon as many will have you believe. That doesn't make someone a good person. Plus, who knows what they will look like in the future. Chances are they will look like sh!t. But, at the same time, your income will increase, making you much more attractive... Funny, women's main ability to attract men decreases with time while men's increases. Thus, you must consider much more than beauty when "enlisting" in a LTR. Afterall, your value will increase, while their value decreases.

In the end, you ARE the prize, as long as you ensure that you are.

1hepcat

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pook's simple concepts are great. thinking of yourself as the Great Catch and focusing on your life and improving yourself will really help you. You won't need to worry about memorizing some technique. You'll feel good about yourself. When you think of yourself as the catch, you automatically do all the things that make women like you.

the pain

Don Juan
Reaction score
i must say i respect pook alot actualy he is the man i want to be and yes you can apply his rules because they are great

BobbDobbs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JohnGalt
Pook would be the first guy to stand up and say philosophy is a load of bull****.
Which was always funny because he just substitutes in his own philosophy.